Gripsters Its Time To Be Real

Josh O'Dell

All the best to man! I have to give you mad respect starting this thread.

All the best to man! I have to give you mad respect starting this thread.

Thanks John im ready to have control of my life!
  • Like 1

Takes alot to share issues that are burdening your life...Hope all goes well which I know it will!Stay strong brother.

David thanks man you are a great friend and a hella gripster!

I always use training to get through difficult times in my life. I wish you all the best Josh. I hope we get a chance to meet some day. Keep killing it. You have turned into a great bender and gripster.

I always use training to get through difficult times in my life. I wish you all the best Josh. I hope we get a chance to meet some day. Keep killing it. You have turned into a great bender and gripster.

Means alot Chez your videos always inspire me to

Be strong! Your the best freinds i have ever had on this board.

A lot of great encouragement here!

Throughout much of my life a mild form of depression seemed to be my default mode. At one point in my late twenties my mom even recommended antidepressants, but I'm glad I chose not to take them. I think I'm simply a melancholy personality type. Like many others have said, having passionate pursuits in life is great medicine. I'm sure I'd be in quite a funk if I didn't have a physical pursuit to try and excel at. I know better than to throw a bunch of advice at you, Josh, not knowing the details of your situation. But I've crammed a lot of living in my 46 years, so feel free to separate the wheat from the following. I guess my little pearls of wisdom are mainly things that have helped me. Maybe some of it will be of help to you and others. Perhaps none of it will help you today, but upon reflection in the future, it could.

Labeling. We, as people, do this continuously, often without even realizing it. It serves a purpose sometimes, but try not to fall victim to wearing a label given to you by the medical establishment whose motivation for profit is often placed above other concerns. These labels are often created from somewhat arbitrary boundaries to begin with, and people start to self-identify with their label to the point where it becomes their sense of self. Just be watchful that you don't think of yourself too much in terms of this disorder or that.

Maybe the meds will be helpful, but most likely they will come with side-effects. Remember to weigh the pros and cons on a regular basis. I saw my wife become someone I hardly recognized on depression medication. Flat lined, uninvolved, no passion.

There seems to be a shift in society in recent generations to reject any emotion that isn't pleasant and go to extreme lengths to avoid them. No one likes feeling like crap, but I think it's healthy at times to just accept those less than gleeful days. You don't always have to fight them. Learning to just accept your brain chemistry and thought patterns as something playing on the screen of your mind, while not falling into the trap of mistaking these thoughts and emotions as the essence of who you are, is liberating.

Depression inevitably leads to self absorption. It's hard to do in the throws of it, but when I could look outside myself and try to consider others as equally important (easier said than done for most of us, if we're honest) it opened the door to becoming involved in others and their struggles. Helping others with no expectation of return is a wonderful feeling. Doing little things for others and receiving a smile or a simple "thank you" has made more than one of my ho-hum days memorable and joyful. It can be a stranger. It really takes someone off guard to go out of your way to help without accepting any compensation. It might sound trite, but this sort of generosity is contagious.

Okay, enough preaching. Go bend two spikes and call me in the morning. :)

• Like 5

A lot of great encouragement here! Throughout much of my life a mild form of depression seemed to be my default mode. At one point in my late twenties my mom even recommended antidepressants, but I'm glad I chose not to take them. I think I'm simply a melancholy personality type. Like many others have said, having passionate pursuits in life is great medicine. I'm sure I'd be in quite a funk if I didn't have a physical pursuit to try and excel at. I know better than to throw a bunch of advice at you, Josh, not knowing the details of your situation. But I've crammed a lot of living in my 46 years, so feel free to separate the wheat from the following. I guess my little pearls of wisdom are mainly things that have helped me. Maybe some of it will be of help to you and others. Perhaps none of it will help you today, but upon reflection in the future, it could. Labeling. We, as people, do this continuously, often without even realizing it. It serves a purpose sometimes, but try not to fall victim to wearing a label given to you by the medical establishment whose motivation for profit is often placed above other concerns. These labels are often created from somewhat arbitrary boundaries to begin with, and people start to self-identify with their label to the point where it becomes their sense of self. Just be watchful that you don't think of yourself too much in terms of this disorder or that. Maybe the meds will be helpful, but most likely they will come with side-effects. Remember to weigh the pros and cons on a regular basis. I saw my wife become someone I hardly recognized on depression medication. Flat lined, uninvolved, no passion. There seems to be a shift in society in recent generations to reject any emotion that isn't pleasant and go to extreme lengths to avoid them. No one likes feeling like crap, but I think it's healthy at times to just accept those less than gleeful days. You don't always have to fight them. Learning to just accept your brain chemistry and thought patterns as something playing on the screen of your mind, while not falling into the trap of mistaking these thoughts and emotions as the essence of who you are, is liberating. Depression inevitably leads to self absorption. It's hard to do in the throws of it, but when I could look outside myself and try to consider others as equally important (easier said than done for most of us, if we're honest) it opened the door to becoming involved in others and their struggles. Helping others with no expectation of return is a wonderful feeling. Doing little things for others and receiving a smile or a simple "thank you" has made more than one of my ho-hum days memorable and joyful. It can be a stranger. It really takes someone off guard to go out of your way to help without accepting any compensation. It might sound trite, but this sort of generosity is contagious. Okay, enough preaching. Go bend two spikes and call me in the morning. :)[/quote ]You have alot of knowledge my freind, I also am not a big fan of pills but i have battled my hole life with this and maybe this will fizzle and not work or

Maybe i wont need them someday, I wish this chemical embalace did not excist but it does

I suppose it wont hurt to try and i guess these meds do not dope you up they just raise your seratonin

Levels back to normal. Will see and far as doin what i love nothing will stop that! On that note

I have a MM2 to CRUSH, Its goin down boys! AND THANKS ERIC!

We think our problems are unique unto ourselves ....they are not my brother . To feel like a lone chip of wood floating in a vast uncaring ocean is in reality not true. We are all broken in some way and it is the first step by the less broken helping the more broken. No one has it made or is perfect and we all have ways of dealing with fear depression and anxiety. While whistling in the dark settles some as to fear for some it does not. We learn bet best by teaching and communication. I don't wait to die any longer from cancer I have gone on with my life tell those other poor stressed souls there is real hope if it starts with their attitude. Tell people what you feel share in a respectful way things you truly feel and you will find others that will support you and be actually and helped and inspired by your actions. Give of yourself don't feel entitled and bitter...we are not owed anything. Do silent good works and see good things come back to you!You sir ,are not by any means alone and the people on this board are more than a few guys hanging around arguing and crushing meaningless things. We are together with a common interest and the richness of the experience, the respect and memories will long sustain you when the iron rusts and the body withers. All the best, and KNOW we are here! Richard Sorin

• Like 4

We think our problems are unique unto ourselves ....they are not my brother . To feel like a lone chip of wood floating in a vast uncaring ocean is in reality not true. We are all broken in some way and it is the first step by the less broken helping the more broken. No one has it made or is perfect and we all have ways of dealing with fear depression and anxiety. While whistling in the dark settles some as to fear for some it does not. We learn bet best by teaching and communication. I don't wait to die any longer from cancer I have gone on with my life tell those other poor stressed souls there is real hope if it starts with their attitude. Tell people what you feel share in a respectful way things you truly feel and you will find others that will support you and be actually and helped and inspired by your actions. Give of yourself don't feel entitled and bitter...we are not owed anything. Do silent good works and see good things come back to you!You sir ,are not by any means alone and the people on this board are more than a few guys hanging around arguing and crushing meaningless things. We are together with a common interest and the richness of the experience, the respect and memories will long sustain you when the iron rusts and the body withers. All the best, and KNOW we are here! Richard Sorin

That was amazing!! All of you your words of kindness and understanding has helped me so much!! Thanks everyone! And amazing words Richard Sorin

Josh-

I agree with Eric... The meds will make you "not like yourself." You will be tired... And unaffected with things. Maybe you need that right now to balance you.

Then when you go a while with these, you can learn to deal with things without them. Never stop them without a ween off. They'll take up to six weeks to fully work.

Josh-I agree with Eric... The meds will make you "not like yourself." You will be tired... And unaffected with things. Maybe you need that right now to balance you.Then when you go a while with these, you can learn to deal with things without them. Never stop them without a ween off. They'll take up to six weeks to fully work.

Thanks

Buddy, Im just gonna see how it makes me feel and stick to my hobbies, Hopefully i can smash the mm2 me and my girlfriend

Have had a stomach virus for a few days. I am starting to eat ok i dropped 5lbs in two days...

Josh-I agree with Eric... The meds will make you "not like yourself." You will be tired... And unaffected with things. Maybe you need that right now to balance you.Then when you go a while with these, you can learn to deal with things without them. Never stop them without a ween off. They'll take up to six weeks to fully work.

Thanks

Buddy, Im just gonna see how it makes me feel and stick to my hobbies, Hopefully i can smash the mm2 me and my girlfriend

Have had a stomach virus for a few days. I am starting to eat ok i dropped 5lbs in two days...

You're welcome! Good luck on the MM2!

Thanks

Man I need to have a cup of coffee before reading sometimes. I read "Hopefully i can smash the mm2 me and my girlfriend" and my brain sees "Hopefully I can smash the MM2 and my girlfriend" and I think WTH - so I read it again and I see "me and my girlfriend can smash the MM2 - and I think hey you can't be having her help you close it :). I'm gonna have another cup of coffee now and see if I can reset my eye brain connection - you may continue your normal day now hehe.

Thanks

Man I need to have a cup of coffee before reading sometimes. I read "Hopefully i can smash the mm2 me and my girlfriend" and my brain sees "Hopefully I can smash the MM2 and my girlfriend" and I think WTH - so I read it again and I see "me and my girlfriend can smash the MM2 - and I think hey you can't be having her help you close it :). I'm gonna have another cup of coffee now and see if I can reset my eye brain connection - you may continue your normal day now hehe.

Haha! I read it the exact same way

ThanksBuddy, Im just gonna see how it makes me feel and stick to my hobbies, Hopefully i can smash the mm2 me and my girlfriendHave had a stomach virus for a few days. I am starting to eat ok i dropped 5lbs in two days...

She can atleast help me set it lol Nice catch lol she has closed my coc 0.5 ;)

Hey if you ever need someone to talk about this stuff hit me up anytime. I dealt with this about 7 years ago and it was a rough time. You can and will fix it though. Great advice in this thread. Feel free to contact me anytime!

Hey if you ever need someone to talk about this stuff hit me up anytime. I dealt with this about 7 years ago and it was a rough time. You can and will fix it though. Great advice in this thread. Feel free to contact me anytime!

Thanks bro!

Just wanted to say thanks again, your support has made

me stronger. I have now been on my meds for seven

Days with no bad side effects! I have sleep better and

calmed down alot, i have completely cleaned and

Reorganized my man cave lol my favorite place by the way.

Anyhow i should receive the MM2 today and kill it!

Just wanted to say thanks again, your support has made

me stronger. I have now been on my meds for seven

Days with no bad side effects! I have sleep better and

calmed down alot, i have completely cleaned and

Reorganized my man cave lol my favorite place by the way.

Anyhow i should receive the MM2 today and kill it!

That's fantastic!

I strongly suspect the handles of the MM2 are about to meet once more.

Joshua, I was just checking in with hopes your progress and happiness continue. All the best! Did you make it to the Arnolds?

Im doin really good ! The medicine really helps me sleep and

Deal with things alot better. And no i had to work during the arnold

my freind got to go and said he seen your booth up there

I really hope to go next year! Thanks for your concearn.

I have severe anxiety and depression, and it's been a battle pushing through it. NEVER give up in fighting it.

I have severe anxiety and depression, and it's been a battle pushing through it. NEVER give up in fighting it.

Thank you Chimpgrip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just to let you no the meds are helping, I sleep better

and feel calmer and my workouts are better. But my job is getting

worse.. im looking for another job if anyone knows of one around

Jackson Ohio i would appreciate it.

Thanks