Durrs

Thanks brothers!

6/28/14-Bp/Grip

Fgx CGBP: 215# x 3 x 10 sets

Superset w/

Rolling Thunder: 70%(LH-105#), (RH-90#) x 6 x 6 sets

Gripper strap holds x 10#- SM(111#) x 10 seconds

dropped grippers each set x 4 more sets

RT took a lot out of my strap holds I was about 10 seconds weaker than when I was fresh last week. I got to get this RT up though so I'm running a modded smolov JR for the next 4 weeks. It's going to be 4 RT sessions a week then I'll test and if it works and then I'll do the regular smolov and get up over 200#. At least that's the plan. We'll see if it works.

6/29/14-Core/Curls

GHR back raise x sets until 100 reps

GHR situps x sets until 100 reps

Seated DB curls x 15# x 20 x 5 sets

One arm DB prchr curls x 30# x 10-12 x 5 sets

BB curls x 20 x 5 sets

6/30/14-Squat/RT

ssb atg up to 205# x 3

drop to 170# x 3 x 3

superset w/

RT: 75%(LH-112.5#)(RH-95#) x 5 x 7 sets

GHR: 5-7 x 5 sets

I am still sore from the 6 x 6 on Saturday and I could feel an even bigger soreness coming on in my LH so I dropped to 110# on the 4th set and finished it out. RH felt great. I think you have to push through some soreness to make gains on this lift.

7/1/14-Shrugs/Triceps

BB Shrugs: 135# x 20-25 x 10 sets

Superset w/

Chain tricep ext/Band pushdowns: 30/10 r x 10 sets

Lat raise drop sets: 10/5/2.5# x 30/30/30r, 10/5/2.5# x 20/20/20r

Forearms are pretty sore from the last couple days. I'm not sure I will be fully recovered for tomorrows RT session.

7/2/14-Pullups/RT/Core

Wtd pullups: 72# x 5 x 5 sets

Bw pulups: 75 reps (multiple grips/sets)

RT: RH-112.5#, LH-97.5# x 4 x 8 sets

GHR back raise: 10# behind neck x 20 x 5 sets

GHR situps: 10# on chest x 10 x 5 sets

For me the forearm muscles are too small of a group to hit 70,75,80,85% for designated reps in one week so I'm going to scrap those percentages and just go up 2.5# a session as long as I hit my reps. Deload. Test and program from there.

7/3/14:RT

Today I felt my forearm muscles coming apart in my left arm (at least that's what it felt like) on the 5th set and called it. Supposed to do 3 x 10 sets but I'm going to have to wait for this bastard to heal before I start up on this program again. It's pretty evident I'm not ready for this kind of volume yet. Still learning.

GHR back raise pause reps x 10 x 5 sets

Thickbar and RT takes way more time to recover from than other grip feats.

7-10 days atleast.

• Like 1

Thickbar and RT takes way more time to recover from than other grip feats.

7-10 days atleast.

Yeah my first session was 6 x 6 @ 70 percent no problem but it just got progressively worse all week. Yeah I believe it now. I got to give my left arm at least 7 days the way it's feeling. Still gonna bend on saturday though.

7/5/14-Dips/Nails

Wtd dips: 95# x 3 x 7 sets

Superset w/Nails

Yellow x 1

Blue x 1

Gold x F

Pre-wobbled Red x F

Fgx CGBP:200# x 3 x 5 sets

I had to wrap up and try a legendary Gold Nail today just to see what I was up against and that thing did not disappoint. I have serious respect for anyone who even wobbles that sucker in any wraps! I timed my attempt on about the 4th work set of dips where I feel my peak is and it didn't budge, I ended up giving it about 10 all out hits.. dropped to a Red and couldn't finish a crush I was so spent. Good times.

7/6/14-Grip/Core

Hub Dl: up to 57# PR*

Hub Dl reps: 50# x L/R: 5/4, 4/2, 4/2

Grippers: 120# x CCS! LH PR*- Smashed this sucker, went up to my 124# coc 2.5 and just missed.

RT: 70%(LH-105#), (RH-90#) x 18/24

GHR Situps x 100

GHR Backraise x 100 reps

BB Curls x 100 reps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0OStIXmdww

Solid 2# PR after taking a break from hub for a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Nice PRs Durrs!

Thanks bud! The Hub is a weird animal. Do you think it helps grippers?

7/8/14-SQ/Accessory

SSB atg: up to 220# x 2

Drop to 170# x 3 x 7 sets

Superset w/

GHR: 5 x 7 sets

Lat raise drop sets:10/5/2.5# x 30/30/30, 30/30/30, 30/20/20

BB Shrug: 135# x 30r x 7 sets

RT: LH-108# x 25R, RH-93# x 25r

I got a lot done today, I figure I need to do get used to some volume on the RT before I try the Smolov program again so I'm keeping it around 70% and doing a rep out but leaving a couple in the tank. I'll probably do this for a month 3x a week and try again.

Nice PRs Durrs!

I think it will carry over some if it builds up the thumb pad. I haven't trained on it consistent enough to notice though
  • Like 1

Nice PRs Durrs!

I think it will carry over some if it builds up the thumb pad. I haven't trained on it consistent enough to notice though

Yeah that makes sense. It's hard for me to work into a grip workout if I don't make it my primary lift and it takes sometimes 10 days for the finger joint nearest my nail bed to recover. I'm not consistent enough either.

• Like 1

7/10/14:Core/RT reps

GHR situp: 10# x 10 x 10 sets

GHR Back raise: 10# x 15 x 7 sets

Band Rev Hyper: 15 x 7 sets

RT: LH(111#) x 24, RH(96#) x 25. Left a couple in the tank on both.

I don't think hub works the thumb enough to make a difference.

Pinch and Thickbar.

I guess dynamic thumbwork should help but very few people seem to be doing it consistently.

• Like 1

7/12/14-Bp/Nails

FGExtreme CGBP: 200# x 5 x 10 sets

Superset w/Nails

Yellow x 1

Blue x 1

Gold x 5 all out hits, 2 in singles, 3 in doubles x F

Pre-wobbled Red x moved slightly

Pre-almost crushed Red x finished crush

Blue x 2

RT: (LH-113.5 x 20)(RH-98.5 x 20)

I can't stop trying to attack this Gold Nail even though I know I should work up to it It's turning into something I really enjoy doing. I felt like I was going to pass out after my first hit on the Gold I was trying so hard. Here's a vid my bro took today of my last set after a lot of nail attempts this is what I've been doing and it worked on the road to the Red so I'm going to keep pushing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZbgoopSVMk

I think there are LOTs of steel to bridge the enormous gap between the red and the gold nail.

Maybe try some Fbbc bastards? :)

• Like 1

I think there are LOTs of steel to bridge the enormous gap between the red and the gold nail.

Maybe try some Fbbc bastards? :)

Yeah I know brother. I will get into that steel, I'm just having a good time going all out on the Golds for now. Five or six all out hits on it fatigues me so much I can barely move a pre-wobbled Red. Good times. Btw that was a IM Blue nail in the video just so there's no confusion lol :grin:

Edited by Durrs
  • Like 1

respect the fact that you are trying for the gold! Seemed to work for the red whatever you did man!

• Like 1

respect the fact that you are trying for the gold! Seemed to work for the red whatever you did man!

Thanks man. We'll see what happens, I just got to make sure I'm super warmed up before any attempt so I can stay healthy and keep at it. The bastards got to break at some point right!? Maybe a year or five but it'll break I'm sure.