Robert Baraban Grip Tester Dyno

Alawadhi

Finally I have received my RB dyno. I was searching for it for quite loooong time. Since 2008 if I remember correctly and one and a half years back I was serious about it and now I got it. A gripboard member sold me. He kept it clean all these years too. Good as new.

This thing is made like a Bentley. Very well craftsmanship. Even better than my baseline dyno 300LB! It's heavier than a baseline and the touch of it makes you NOT to squeeze it hard to not ruin it! haha. Very well made Robert! (pics's also in my gallery)

Anyway, I stopped training since late Dec, 2013 because of my injury. And my desk job is killing my strength. I gave it first try left hand and all my knuckles popped, felt weak, and got only 45KG. I know this is way harder than the baseline but I have gotten around 88KG lefty and righty around 98 KG @ my best so I can't get that weak. I tried again and got 55. Again in 20 minutes with all my force and got 66KG. I guess @ my best I'll do around 75KG +/- and 83KG +/- righty. I might be wrong tough who knows. I will train and in a month time after training I'll attempt it.

Anyone who has the older version (first RB dyno up to 150KG) that wanna sell me then I am for buying it :D

Edit: I tried to jerk it to see if it works like the baseline but it didn't. Thats a plus! Robert made his items very well made

post-6653-0-05107000-1392301644_thumb.jp

post-6653-0-98494600-1392301661_thumb.jp

post-6653-0-76557000-1392301676_thumb.jp

post-6653-0-92392600-1392301692_thumb.jp

Edited by Alawadhi

WOW! I have wanted one of those since I first saw them on Mr. Baraban's website. They were just more than I could afford at the time. Looks like the finest craftsmanship !!! Great find Bader!!

• Like 1

Yes it's the best out there. It's a fine cool tool for every grip athlete. It won't be used much and will be stores away most of the time with the vintage gripper's I owe :D

Edited by Alawadhi

I have had one of his first for a number of years. It is beautiful ,flawless ,construction and is very accurate in a repeatable manner. The best I have ever seen or used. You have a fine grip tester!

• Like 1

Yes it's the best out there. It's a fine cool tool for every grip athlete. It won't be used much and will be stores away most of the time with the vintage gripper's I owe :D

Yes I know, all those vintage grippers I sold you ;)

• Like 1

Richard

Can you give us the top 10 people who gave a squeeze to your Robert Baraban grip tester? I serm to recall Chad and Tex did it somewhere with you.

Brett

Haha mate. Yes true. Although I had tons of suppliers but you is whom I meant here. Plus I got tons of stuff from you in one/two shots ;):D lovely stuff too!

Matt

You mean how much? No one sell theirs you'll be lucky to find one. I am still searching for the original one Baraban made.

Edited by Alawadhi

Also btw, are they like the first one with bullet proof glass and airplane aluminum?

Ummm it would take time to find the numbers but I recall some of the people that have squeezed it.Burk, Chad,Rich, Tex, Jedd, Me,Wade, Andrew, a number at the AOBS dinner( I do remember one fellow doing 92), Heslep and all those at Jedd s Nationals I attended several years back, Dave the Mutant, Cybersnott, Steve Jeck,Steve Weiner, Odin,Pat Povalitis,I usually take it to the Arnold's each year and pass it around to visitors and strongmen.

• Like 1

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=40580&page=13

Baraban dyno( highest ever recorded) Baseline dyno( highest ever recorded one went off dial)

Dyno Barbarian, Tex 100.5 k, Chad 104.5k,Dave 128k, Baseline Dyno Tex 199lb., Chad 183.5lb, Dave 290(really).

Edited by Gary Kessler

Richard

Thanks for naming them. I am interested how much the big dudes got like Dave, Chad, Tex, Rich.

Martin

Thanks for the link it's useful! Gabriel has the highest

Edit: oh thanks guys for the numbers I didn't see them. Appreciated.

Edit: I didnt read it right first time as I am reading using my Samsung and in middle of a work. But for Baraban dyno the max weight is 120kg unless it was the older model which goes upto 150kg. But damn 129k? Thats more than what Nathan Holle did long ago @ 125kg. Also baseline is actually easeir so how they pulled more on that? But then again I might be wrong because this is the older model Baraban dyno

Edited by Alawadhi