Thick Bar Work With The Lgc-handle

David_wigren

Thanks, Arne! What's your best pull with it?

70 kg on my right hand. :)

Ah, very nice! My left is a bit stronger on thick bar, but my right is stronger on Blobs.

Ah, very nice! My left is a bit stronger on thick bar, but my right is stronger on Blobs.

My first bigger goal is 75 on my right hand and 65 on my left.

Eric came over to train last night, and brought this serious grip toy with him.

I weighed in at 54k and pulled 55k both hands.

Tried 57.5k as well, but barely got it off the ground.

Interesting thing to note is that although the handle is tougher than my new rolling thunder, I pull the same amount of weight on both.

This may be because of my losing pin being 38cm vs the lgc pin being 5cm longer.

Fun handle, look forward to pulling 65k on it soon.

• Like 1

That was some fancy LGC pullin', Yori! You are definitely the human insect of gripdom now, with your ultra body weight percentage lifting exploits.

This was my second try with my new toy and I did manage to best my previous effort with a pull of 165 (75k).

That was some fancy LGC pullin', Yori! You are definitely the human insect of gripdom now, with your ultra body weight percentage lifting exploits.

This was my second try with my new toy and I did manage to best my previous effort with a pull of 165 (75k).

Congrats! 75 kg is very impressive! :)

Thank you, Arne! And good luck hittin' your goal total of 140k. I doubt it will take you very long!

Thank you, Arne! And good luck hittin' your goal total of 140k. I doubt it will take you very long!

Thank you Eric!

I think I must train much more and harder to reach my goals. :)

We are going to use the LGC 60 MM handle on our next gripcompetition Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XIX (LGC XIX). We will re-use our old Rolling Thunder rules from 2001. The knuckles must be facing forward during the lift. The are not allowed to rotate outwards.

Edited by Arne
  • Like 1

We are going to use the LGC 60 MM handle on our next gripcompetition Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XIX (LGC XIX). We will re-use our old Rolling Thunder rules from 2001. The knuckles must be facing forward during the lift. The are not allowed to rotate outwards.

Strict rules are always to be preferred over casual rules! BTW Arne, any date yet on the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XIX (LGC XIX)?

Strict rules are always to be preferred over casual rules! BTW Arne, any date yet on the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XIX (LGC XIX)?

Martin and I have discussed to having the Grip Competition in late August or early September.

Martin and I have discussed to having the Grip Competition in late August or early September.

Late August to early September would suit me very good!

Today I got some air under 67.5kg with my right hand and a full lift with 62.5kg with my left. Progress is frustratingly slow with this handle! Seems like every kg makes for a world of difference!

Late August to early September would suit me very good!

Today I got some air under 67.5kg with my right hand and a full lift with 62.5kg with my left. Progress is frustratingly slow with this handle! Seems like every kg makes for a world of difference!

New pure grip strenght is the only way to lift more with this handle. :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any new progress? Anyone? :)

I haven't tried to do a max lift since my last post. But I got 57.5kg for 9 reps with my right and 6 reps with my left.

How are the others doing? Any progress Eric? I heard a rumor from someone that the monsters from Finland have recently gotten this handle (or will have it soon). I expect they will lift some big numbers with this handle!

No, sorry guys. I haven't tried to improve upon my numbers yet, being busy with contest preparation. I do look forward to giving it a go again soon, though.

No, sorry guys. I haven't tried to improve upon my numbers yet, being busy with contest preparation. I do look forward to giving it a go again soon, though.

Hello Eric,

Are you going to use the LGC-handle on the competition?

Eric, it would've been very interesting to take this handle to the arm wrestlers meet last night!

I wonder what someone like Adam would've pulled?

Arne, the contest I was referring to was the one we held yesterday in Texas due to a misfortunate turn of events in Arizona, so we performed all the events as planned for the Arizona venue. But at the next contest of my own we will surely contest the LGC, because it rocks!

Electron, I'm sorry, but I'm deducting ten points from your contest score for failing to suggest bringing the handle yesterday. Adam would have undoubtedly pulled an impressive number, particularly thumbless.

• Like 1

Arne, the contest I was referring to was the one we held yesterday in Texas due to a misfortunate turn of events in Arizona, so we performed all the events as planned for the Arizona venue. But at the next contest of my own we will surely contest the LGC, because it rocks!

Electron, I'm sorry, but I'm deducting ten points from your contest score for failing to suggest bringing the handle yesterday. Adam would have undoubtedly pulled an impressive number, particularly thumbless.

Eric, when are you going to have your contest? :)

Eric, when are you going to have your contest? :)

Well, I'm first attending two out-of-state contests, so I will hold my own event in the fall or winter, when the weather is more conducive to big Euro pinches.
  • Like 1

A new personal record this evening... 63.5 kg (+1 kg) on my left hand. Still 70 kg on my right hand. :)