Thick Bar Work With The Lgc-handle

David_wigren

Those are some nice bearings.

Those bearings are from Sweden... :)

Your compliment is high praise coming from you, David. In fact, I tried to implement a rule on the Gripboard forbidding members from arguing with David Wigren unless they were logical, factual, and forthcoming, lest board space be wasted and the ill prepared offender goes down in flames. But I was reminded that should be self evident and few have been foolhardy enough to try it... here. Yeah, I'm just amusing myself.

Anyways, thanks guys. I'm glad it was an optical illusion. Provided the shipping turns out to be anywhere near affordable for a truck driver, I intend to break open my piggy bank with my 20 pound hammer.

Haha, very kind words from the "Grip Doctor" Eric Milfeld :grin:

I just now placed an order for the revolver and loading pin. I can't wait to try it out and report back with both my performance on the device, as well as a critique of the handle's performance.

• Like 2

I just now placed an order for the revolver and loading pin. I can't wait to try it out and report back with both my performance on the device, as well as a critique of the handle's performance.

Thank you very much Eric!

You have a message from me. I'm looking forward to your report.

Is it possible for me here to present some facts and prices for the Handle, the Loading Pin and Shipping Costs?

Is it possible for me here to present some facts and prices for the Handle, the Loading Pin and Shipping Costs?

Probably not, as it could be considered "setting up shop" for ongoing sales of more than just a couple items. But Bill can clarify or correct me.

Probably not, as it could be considered "setting up shop" for ongoing sales of more than just a couple items. But Bill can clarify or correct me.

Thank you Eric. I don't want to break any rules.

Have the handle and loading pin arrive yet?

No, not yet. Can you PM me with a tracking #?

There has been a time or two in the past when the Gboard would allow a one time sale offering of a unique grip item.

I believe your item qualifies for this allowance. Especially with the loading pin made with the protective covering.

But hey, that's just me talking ;)

Rick, I think you have a good point there.

Rick, I think you have a good point there.

I would also like to say that Arne has been a member for over 12 years. Has an established reputation as an outstanding, positive post contributor while being a member the past 12 years as well. I do not believe he is trying to scam a living from this item :) I recall there was an allowance of a one time announced sale of 10 items of any unique piece of grip equipment.

Edited by zcor

Rick is correct. As long as it does not become an on-going repeat (note the term "one time"). :)

Rick is correct. As long as it does not become an on-going repeat (note the term "one time"). :)

Thank you!

Here are some facts and prices about my handle and loading pin.

The LGC Rolling Handle 60 mm (The Brutalizer 6000)

When I made these handles I took great care of the manufacturing process so that the handles would be as identical as possible to each other. I did that so results can be easily compared to each other. I have tested five handles and haven't been able to note any differences on how the handles perform.

The handle is made of a stainless steel pipe with custom lathed ends made of cutting steel with precision drilled holes for SKF ball bearings. The shackle is also made of cutting steel. The ends, ball bearings and the shackle is pressed into place. The handle has been load tested with 250 kilos and at still rotated freely. LGC 60 mm is punched on one of the ends.

The Loading pin was made especially to protect the handle against scratches to the surface that otherwise could cause friction and other damages. That's why the loading pin is covered with a very strong layer of PVC, so that when handle hits the loading pin it will just bunch off without damaging the surface.

Prices

Europe

The Handle + The Loading Pin 136 € (1200 SKr)

Shipping Cost 46 € (405 SKr)

Outside Europe

The Handle + The Loading Pin 185 $ (1200 SKr)

Shipping Cost 76 $ (497 SKr)

Only the Handle

(Europe) 108 € (950 SKr) + Shipping cost 42 € (365 SKr)

(Outside Europe) 146 $ (950 SKr) + Shipping cost 65 $ (411 SKr)

Only the Loading Pin

(Europe) 28 € (250 Skr) + Shipping cost 42 € (365 SKr)

(Outside Europe) 38 $ (250 SKr) ) + Shipping cost 65 $ (411 SKr)

PayPal: arne_w_persson@hotmail.com

Here are some facts and prices about my handle and loading pin.

The LGC Rolling Handle 60 mm (The Brutalizer 6000)

When I made these handles I took great care of the manufacturing process so that the handles would be as identical as possible to each other. I did that so results can be easily compared to each other. I have tested five handles and haven't been able to note any differences on how the handles perform.

The handle is made of a stainless steel pipe with custom lathed ends made of cutting steel with precision drilled holes for SKF ball bearings. The shackle is also made of cutting steel. The ends, ball bearings and the shackle is pressed into place. The handle has been load tested with 250 kilos and at still rotated freely. LGC 60 mm is punched on one of the ends.

The Loading pin was made especially to protect the handle against scratches to the surface that otherwise could cause friction and other damages. That's why the loading pin is covered with a very strong layer of PVC, so that when handle hits the loading pin it will just bunch off without damaging the surface.

Prices

Europe

The Handle + The Loading Pin 136 € (1200 SKr)

Shipping Cost 46 € (405 SKr)

Outside Europe

The Handle + The Loading Pin 185 $ (1200 SKr)

Shipping Cost 76 $ (497 SKr)

Only the Handle

(Europe) 108 € (950 SKr) + Shipping cost 42 € (365 SKr)

(Outside Europe) 146 $ (950 SKr) + Shipping cost 65 $ (411 SKr)

Only the Loading Pin

(Europe) 28 € (250 Skr) + Shipping cost 42 € (365 SKr)

(Outside Europe) 38 $ (250 SKr) ) + Shipping cost 65 $ (411 SKr)

PayPal: arne_w_persson@hotmail.com

Sorry... SKr = SEK (Swedish currency)

I returned from the post office only 30 minutes ago, in a mad rush to try out my new Swedish Revolver before I have to run off to work. Mr. Wigren was not lying. This thing will not inflate your ego. Granted, I'm still recovering from thick bar work two days ago, but the most I could manage this morning was a left hand pull of 161.2 pounds (73.1k). This was the combined weight, including the LGC handle and loading pin, which weigh approximately 6 pounds together. As a reference, my 2.5"Fat Bastard Barbell handle stops me a bit over 170 pounds, and it is considerably more difficult than any Rolling Thunder I've tried.

To the bottom of the loading pin hole from the ground measures roughly 17". So, it's a pretty tall loading pin. The piece of PVC pipe slid over the loading pin, which is constructed of flat steel bar, is a good idea. I built one similar when I first started grip training, not even considering the added benefit of protecting the handle from scratches and dings.

The handle itself is an excellent piece of equipment. Well made, and as far as I can tell, should do exactly as Arne intended. Providing consistent results over the years without the possibility of inflated numbers due to binding of the handle should be a given. It is certainly constructed with precision quality.

I will be including the handle in the next contest I host, knowing that comparisons with results from other venues using the same handle will be meaningful.

• Like 3

I just picked mine up from the post office yesterday evening! The handle is of very high quality. I'm going to test mine out tonight and see where I land.

If I could add one bit of constructive criticism on the loading pin, it would be to use thicker gauge on the base. Mine came a little bent, and I easily straightened it out by hand in my vise.

I just picked mine up from the post office yesterday evening! The handle is of very high quality. I'm going to test mine out tonight and see where I land.

Good luck! ;)

If I could add one bit of constructive criticism on the loading pin, it would be to use thicker gauge on the base. Mine came a little bent, and I easily straightened it out by hand in my vise.

I'll check it when I'm back home again. I think the bottom plate can be bent a little because of the heat from the welding. The loading pin weights just over 1.5 kg (3.3 Pounds) and the handle weights very close to 1050 g (2.31 pounds).

Tested out the handle this evening at the gym. I'm not the strongest thick bar lifter seeing as I only got an axle just recently, but this thing deeply humbled me at a little over 100 lbs.

Eric, 73.1kg is serious weight with this handle! I can get 65kg on a good day, but 67.5kg is still completely stuck to the ground. It would be interesting to see if the top guys can get 100kg+ with this handle. The biggest lift I've heard of so far is 82.5kg made by Nicolai Hansen.

Eric, 73.1kg is serious weight with this handle! I can get 65kg on a good day, but 67.5kg is still completely stuck to the ground. It would be interesting to see if the top guys can get 100kg+ with this handle. The biggest lift I've heard of so far is 82.5kg made by Nicolai Hansen.

Thank you, David. It's definitely serious weight for me!

It may be that the poundage pulled on this device translates pound for pound to an Inch Dumbbell lift. It's gotta be close. I'd like to see what Andrew and Eric Rouissin could pull on it. And yeah, 100k would be huge on this handle.

Thank you, David. It's definitely serious weight for me!

It may be that the poundage pulled on this device translates pound for pound to an Inch Dumbbell lift. It's gotta be close. I'd like to see what Andrew and Eric Rouissin could pull on it. And yeah, 100k would be huge on this handle.

73.1 kg is very good!