Thick Bar Work With The Lgc-handle

David_wigren

This handle IMO works much better than the Ironmind-RT. Ceck the video at about 35 seconds to see how easy it spins. It runs on ballbearings, and is made of solid stainless. The handle has been tested up to 250kg and spins just as freely at that weight. From what I hear there is no variation from one handle to the next. And because of that, IMO this is the future of revolving thickbar handles in grip competitions.

I got 65kg with my right hand and 60kg with my left, which might not seem like much, but trust me, it's heavy!

• Like 1

David - what is the cost and availability?

Nice lifting, David. Do you know the handle's diameter or circumference?

It's 60mm in diameter. 20 handles and 20 loading pins should be ready next week.

I think that as time goes on competition Grip Strength implements will evolve and become more sophisticated and precise – and thus cost a lot more also. It is going to the price we pay for meaningful records in the future. Almost every event we use now has a variability that while acceptable in today’s market place will probably not be in years to come.

• Like 2

Guest Squat More

I have one Arildsson sent me, it's a beast. The loading pin Arne sent me is awesome as well. I honestly think this handle is what all of gripsport should be using in place of the rolling thunder.

And Arne told me yesterday that he has 20 handles and pins ready to go. I believe Juha Piironen has already ordered his.

• Like 1

Guest Squat More

It should also be noted that Arne's loading pin has a pvc like sheath on it, this protects the stainless handle from being damaged on missed lifts with the handle slipping out of your hand and knocking into the loading pin.

It should also be noted that Arne's loading pin has a pvc like sheath on it, this protects the stainless handle from being damaged on missed lifts with the handle slipping out of your hand and knocking into the loading pin.

Very nice touch.

Arne Persson is a member here under the name "Arne" I think he checks in from time to time, so shoot him a PM. I'm not exactly sure about the price conversion from SEK to USD, but I'd say it will go at around 140ish US dollars. Which isn't to far from the price us Europeans have had to pay for the Ironmind Rolling thunder.

Guest Squat More

Yeah I have had some folks here inquire about Arne's handle - I contacted him and Martin and Arne made the 20 new handles and pins. I let Arne know that checking in on the gripboard would bring him some customers.

$140 USD? Hot diggity damn I owe Arildsson quite a gift as a thank you it seems!

Just waiting to hear back from Arne. Really hoping to get my hands on one of these handles. (Pun)

Jon, I think we can arrange something. If you know what I mean... :)

Bailey, I told Arne about this thread yesterday.

• Like 1

Hello All. :) I'm very glad for the interest of my handle and loading pin. My idea with the handle and loading pin was to find a standard and quality that is identical between different copies. I have test to train with 5 different handles and I haven't found any difference between the them. My best lift with my original Rolling Thunder from 2001 (rigth hand) is 99 kg and with my own handle is 70 kg. :)

Later today I'll check all the cost including shipping cost for those who are interested buy it.

• Like 5

My handle compared my old (2001) IM Rolling Thunder Handle.

post-234-0-11008900-1391360556_thumb.jpg

I really like the design and the reasons behind it. In the picture it appears the handle is shifted towards the left side of the frame. Is this an optical illusion or does it indicate lateral play in the handle? If there is play, or if it's mounted slightly off center, would it allow the handle to contact the frame? I don't mean to be hyper critical, only curious.

I really like the design and the reasons behind it. In the picture it appears the handle is shifted towards the left side of the frame. Is this an optical illusion or does it indicate lateral play in the handle? If there is play, or if it's mounted slightly off center, would it allow the handle to contact the frame? I don't mean to be hyper critical, only curious.

You have great observational eyes and mind Eric! I actually hadn't thought of this at all so I had to go and check. Fortunately the handle frame does not come in contact with the handle no matter how you twist and turn it. The frame is curved in a way so that the edge of the "curve" only comes in contact with the side of the outer ball bearing, so it has no impact on how the handle spins.

Edited by David_wigren

It's an optical illusion. :) My mobilphone (IPhone 5S) is probably not the best camera in the world...

Your compliment is high praise coming from you, David. In fact, I tried to implement a rule on the Gripboard forbidding members from arguing with David Wigren unless they were logical, factual, and forthcoming, lest board space be wasted and the ill prepared offender goes down in flames. But I was reminded that should be self evident and few have been foolhardy enough to try it... here. Yeah, I'm just amusing myself.

Anyways, thanks guys. I'm glad it was an optical illusion. Provided the shipping turns out to be anywhere near affordable for a truck driver, I intend to break open my piggy bank with my 20 pound hammer.

• Like 3

I would also like to be the proud owner of one of these beauties! Going to keep watching this thread for more information.