Beginner Progression - Is This Achieveable In 6 Months?

katlinchen

Hey guys! I am a 20 year old girl from Austria and my dream was always to study abroad one day. I did dance and tumbling for nearly all my life. Yesterday I got the news that I get the opportunity to get a sports scholarship. I need to fullfill some requirements by September. I am very good in tumbling and super flexible but I lack in strength a lot! Many people say it's not possible to gain that much strength and I shouldn't try it cuz it won't work anyway. But I want it sooo much!

In 7 months I need to do:

- 10 deadhang pull-ups (I can do 3 at the moment)
- 12ft. rope climb without feet
- 5 pull-up pullovers
- 20 hanging leg raises form 90 degrees up to the bar (4 at the moment)
- 5 L-hangs to straddle (hope you know what I mean!) (1 at the moment)
- 2 press handstands-->start from straddle hold to handstand! ( I can easy press into a handstand with my shoulders against the wall, I can do a straddle support for about 30 secs and I can do a press handstand with a little jump!)
- 1 pike handstand --> from standing not from L-sit (I can sometimes press into it with my shoulders against a wall)

I have acro training 3 times a week for 2 hours, ballet 1 time a week for 2 hours. I could spend 1 hour training each day at home. I have a pull-up bar at home. I would do arms and legs one one day and abs and core on the other day 5-6 days a week.

Of course I eat healthy, enough protein, get a lot of sleep and avoid alcohol. What do you think - should I give it a try?

Hope someone can help!

Of course no one can ever know what is possible for you to accomplish - but one thing is for sure - if you don't try you will never even have a chance. Give it your best shot - and Good Luck to you!

Hi there, first of all, if that is your goal, then go for it! I think at your age that should be achievable with hard work and dedication...

Don't know if this is the place for the right information, did you join the Gripboard because of a specific reason? Personally I don't think I can

help you that much with those specific goals, but maybe you could shoot AdamTGlass a PM, he's a member of this board but also has been doing

a lot lately with working @ bw goals. Getting bigger and stronger is one thing, translating it to bodyweight feats however is another thing. Maybe he can help you a bit. Here's his YT link: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamTGlass2007/videos

All the best with your journey!

I am far from expert but to me those goals seem achievable. Endurance improves quite rapidly when you are beginner.

It seems to me that greatest danger is that you train too much.

Why do you need to do these things in 7 months?