Body Weight Axle + 40 Lb Weighted Vest For 29 Reps

kodyburns

http://youtu.be/n3w68imupf8

Body Weight - 198.4 lbs + 40.0 lbs weighted vest

Solid Stainless Axle - 79.0 lbs

Weight Added - 121.0 lbs

Total Bar Weight - 200.0 lbs Even

Was aiming for total reps to failure but didn't quite get there today. Felt like I had some more in the tank but one of the last reps sent a nasty pain to the back of my neck so I shut it down. Numerous body injuries compromise my form. I am aware of this. Deadlifting still seems new to me everytime I lift lol. One of these days I'm hoping for 50 reps. Maybe I'll try and spread the reps out over a longer period of time and see if that helps.

Edited by kodydelone
  • Like 1

Nice Kody. Oh man, those injuries suck big lemons. It's a limitation that needs to be worked around with. Sometimes more of a challenge than actually

firing away in training intensity. Great stuff. High rep DL's are very intense. I hope to hit 150kg (330 lbs) x 10 DO within a few weeks.

That is, with a normal bar.

Edited by Geralt

Im tellin ya ! Lol. I havent been able to train heavy chest or shoulders for over 2 years now. Gonna have to eventually give in and let it heal without trying to train around the healing process. I never have been good at sitting still but its gonna probly have to happen at some point. No heavy upper body work had pretty much made my crush stagnant. I was a hair away from shutting my 3.5 before surgery. Just another obstacle to overcome. Ironically hand injuries made my hands stronger after the frustration of having to deal with numerous ones over the past decade. One of the good points about it is now I know my limits and my weak areas. Like the hands, once you discover these weaknesses then you can almost come back stronger because now your smarter because of it. In a sick way I guess I'm thankful for all the stupid things of done to hurt my hands cause in the long run I've learned how to listen to them. Ive been hard on my body, it's time to start listening to its screaming for once :)

Edited by kodydelone

Im tellin ya ! Lol. I havent been able to train heavy chest or shoulders for over 2 years now. Gonna have to eventually give in and let it heal without trying to train around the healing process. I never have been good at sitting still but its gonna probly have to happen at some point. No heavy upper body work had pretty much made my crush stagnant. I was a hair away from shutting my 3.5 before surgery. Just another obstacle to overcome. Ironically hand injuries made my hands stronger after the frustration of having to deal with numerous ones over the past decade. One of the good points about it is now I know my limits and my weak areas. Like the hands, once you discover these weaknesses then you can almost come back stronger because now your smarter because of it. In a sick way I guess I'm thankful for all the stupid things of done to hurt my hands cause in the long run I've learned how to listen to them. Ive been hard on my body, it's time to start listening to its screaming for once :)

Finally, spot on. Someone writing what could have been my story. Apart from the surgery thing than on the shoulder. I have trained myself into injury after injury and got nothing but regression. Now that I am listening to what my body tells me, I am making progress. It is in theory so easy to say 'hey', I'm begin 30's in age, why not take 6 months complete off from any weighttraining and let the body heal. What's that in a lifetime. But I honestly couldn't do that.

Hi, we're Kody and Geralt. We're addicted. (everyone) - HI KODY AND GERALT -

• Like 1

I think for injuries there is a 'right' amount of training or rehab. When I tore my pec a long time ago, I had pretty much given up on doing bench, etc. again. I messed around with db presses, but nothing serious. Over the past couple years, I decided to try to fix this weak spot, and with a ton of various high rep, low intensity work, I was able to build up the muscle and connective tissue again. Now I'm actually benching somewhat decent numbers with a barbell, which I never would have thought I would be able to do.

That many axle reps with bodyweight, DO grip is outstanding! We'll have to dig up the old challenge thread on this, but I think that's definitely in the top numbers (plus that thread was only bodyweight on the axle, no vest). Excellent work Kody!

Too funny Geralt ! Maybe just re-arrange the priorities and/or swith gears. Never gonna stop, dont know how ! Maybe just a grip junky ;)

Finally, spot on. Someone writing what could have been my story. Apart from the surgery thing than on the shoulder. I have trained myself into injury after injury and got nothing but regression. Now that I am listening to what my body tells me, I am making progress. It is in theory so easy to say 'hey', I'm begin 30's in age, why not take 6 months complete off from any weighttraining and let the body heal. What's that in a lifetime. But I honestly couldn't do that.

Hi, we're Kody and Geralt. We're addicted. (everyone) - HI KODY AND GERALT -

• Like 1

Thats pretty cool. Will definitely be checking out this exercise more often now. It is very effective at jacking up the Central Nervous System !