157.5kg 347lb Do Axle Deadlift Pr

monstagripp

My max deadlift before this was 150kg, Thanks to the advice I received from Grip board members I managed to lift 155kg and 157.5kg :)

Body weight was 185lb today.

My video of 155kg/341lb on the axle and hold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7irjHz2oq_I&google_comment_id=z13mxzdpyoijdluuv23nzx1hjlb3jtuoy04&google_view_type#gpluscomments

My video of 157.5kg/347lb on the axle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Wetb3J2YU&google_comment_id=z13mg3n52smvdn3ki23nzx1hjlb3jtuoy04&google_view_type#gpluscomments

• Like 4

Guest Squat More

Congrats on the PR Parvez - grip is definitely not your limiting factor in the axle.

I won't lie, here is quite a bit of work you could do for your DL form to improve.

The bar starts too far away from you - try to keep the bar against your shins when you start man, it will improve leverages, your knees are forward a lot also - watch your left heel it comes off the ground a bit when you start your pull

http://youtu.be/V3Wetb3J2YU?t=37s

this means your whole body is leaning forward and you are pulling UP instead of pulling BACK - the weight is on your toes not on your heel/mid food, your hips are not back much when you start either, your lower and upper back seems rounded the entire time. I know you mentioned you had been in an accident and can't stick your chest out and have issues with your collar bone so keeping a flat upper back may be a problem but focus on trying to keep your lower back arched. Konstantinovs pulls with a rounded upper back as do a lot of other strong pullers but the difference is their lower back is still locked in with an arch.

I would suggest seeing someone in person who could help you with form and work around your injuries brother, you are so damn strong grip wise you could smash records with the axle once you improve your technique and get more time building strength in the posterior chain with a regular barbell.

Also look into sumo, it is a lot less taxing on the back, less shearing force on the spine than conventional you have nice long legs and arms for that style you could get into position for it quite comfortably.

For a long time I struggled with trying to pull conventional because of my bad deadlift leverages, but I stubbornly kept at it trying to reinvent the wheel thinking one day everything would just fall into place and it didn't. It wasn't until my own chiropractor (who used to powerlift himself) suggested I try Sumo, so I have been with a coach via youtube videos Nuno Cuto has helped me improve my sumo deadlift, my pulling sessions feel a LOT better, form is improving every session and my back is feeling so good I am able to train the Cube method 3x a week and grip 3x a week on non lifting days.

• Like 2

Congratulations on the pr!

That would be top 5 in the 93kg class and 2nd in the 83kg class. Huge lift.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the pr!

That would be top 5 in the 93kg class and 2nd in the 83kg class. Huge lift.

Thanks Stephen, I was really happy with these lifts, The last time I tried 155kg it didn't even come of the floor. Am hoping for 160kg/352 next week :grin:

Congrats on the PR Parvez - grip is definitely not your limiting factor in the axle.

I won't lie, here is quite a bit of work you could do for your DL form to improve.

The bar starts too far away from you - try to keep the bar against your shins when you start man, it will improve leverages, your knees are forward a lot also - watch your left heel it comes off the ground a bit when you start your pull

http://youtu.be/V3Wetb3J2YU?t=37s

this means your whole body is leaning forward and you are pulling UP instead of pulling BACK - the weight is on your toes not on your heel/mid food, your hips are not back much when you start either, your lower and upper back seems rounded the entire time. I know you mentioned you had been in an accident and can't stick your chest out and have issues with your collar bone so keeping a flat upper back may be a problem but focus on trying to keep your lower back arched. Konstantinovs pulls with a rounded upper back as do a lot of other strong pullers but the difference is their lower back is still locked in with an arch.

I would suggest seeing someone in person who could help you with form and work around your injuries brother, you are so damn strong grip wise you could smash records with the axle once you improve your technique and get more time building strength in the posterior chain with a regular barbell.

Also look into sumo, it is a lot less taxing on the back, less shearing force on the spine than conventional you have nice long legs and arms for that style you could get into position for it quite comfortably.

For a long time I struggled with trying to pull conventional because of my bad deadlift leverages, but I stubbornly kept at it trying to reinvent the wheel thinking one day everything would just fall into place and it didn't. It wasn't until my own chiropractor (who used to powerlift himself) suggested I try Sumo, so I have been with a coach via youtube videos Nuno Cuto has helped me improve my sumo deadlift, my pulling sessions feel a LOT better, form is improving every session and my back is feeling so good I am able to train the Cube method 3x a week and grip 3x a week on non lifting days.

Thanks a lot Jon, I really appreciate all the help you are giving me!, I do need to work on my technique a lot!! There's a good few thing I need to change as you mentioned while doing deadlifts. A friend of mine is strong I will ask him to show me how to deadlift (I will also watch that deadlift training video that Stephen suggested to my training partner J). I was going to try the sumo lift but as I got into position J started laughing at me and said what the hell are you doing :D lol, So I just did it the normal way (I don't think he agrees with the sumo lift). I will try it next week though to see how it is.

What is the cube method?

Guest Squat More

Who cares if people "agree" with the Sumo lift, don't get caught in that kind of thinking man it will just hold you back - you're lifting for you, not them, right? For the longest time I listened to the guys who would talk crap on sumo pullers, all the BS comments about it being the 'easy way out' etc. but some people just CAN'T efficiently pull conventional, it is just a mechanics fact. Even after months of mobility work, improving flexibility etc, I can't change the fact that I have a long torso and short arms and legs and that Sumo deadlifting is more efficient for me over conventional. That is the point I made with the last part of my post, screw everyone else because it isn't their back or body that has the possibility to experience injury, it's yours.

The Cube Method is a strength training / powerlifting program put out by Brandon Lilly, it is basically like Westside Barbell training for Raw lifters, I works well with proper assistance programming.

• Like 1

Who cares if people "agree" with the Sumo lift, don't get caught in that kind of thinking man it will just hold you back - you're lifting for you, not them, right? For the longest time I listened to the guys who would talk crap on sumo pullers, all the BS comments about it being the 'easy way out' etc. but some people just CAN'T efficiently pull conventional, it is just a mechanics fact. Even after months of mobility work, improving flexibility etc, I can't change the fact that I have a long torso and short arms and legs and that Sumo deadlifting is more efficient for me over conventional. That is the point I made with the last part of my post, screw everyone else because it isn't their back or body that has the possibility to experience injury, it's yours.

The Cube Method is a strength training / powerlifting program put out by Brandon Lilly, it is basically like Westside Barbell training for Raw lifters, I works well with proper assistance programming.

Your right Jon, I should do what's best for me and not what's best for others. I will try it next week and see how it goes.

Am checking this cube method out now.

Great lift. Congrats on the PR.

• Like 1

Guest Squat More

I am glad to hear it P - just do what feels best for you, optimize your training, to hell with everyone else.

If I were you, I'd look into Mark Rippetoe's starting strength program, or a simplified Wendler 531 - bare basics, slow progression and allows you to work volume on the lifts. If squatting with a barbell bugs your shoulders/collar bone, invest in a Safety squat bar, it will build your upper back up more than a regular barbell and since you probably don't plan to compete in powerlifting, who cares if you can squat with a regular barbell, as long as you can squat pain free.

• Like 2

I am glad to hear it P - just do what feels best for you, optimize your training, to hell with everyone else.

Best quote I've seen outta you. :D

Nice work. 1st video with hold was amazing stuff.

I also see very attractive grippers at background of your video. How is your grippers? Can you close (MM-set) BBSM, GM or Elite?

Tell me when you will get thick 25kg plates and then I´ll buy ticket to your place. :laugh

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd look into Mark Rippetoe's starting strength program, or a simplified Wendler 531 - bare basics, slow progression and allows you to work volume on the lifts. If squatting with a barbell bugs your shoulders/collar bone, invest in a Safety squat bar, it will build your upper back up more than a regular barbell and since you probably don't plan to compete in powerlifting, who cares if you can squat with a regular barbell, as long as you can squat pain free.

To hell with everyone else.. lol

I can do squats (Light weight ones), its mainly upright rows and presses that mess with my collar bone. I haven't done any squats for around 2 years though, I did do some the other day before I done axle deadlifts, I will start doing squats and deadlifts every week now and also do some sit ups, dips, pull ups, press ups. And when I feel a bit stronger in a few month's I will start lifting some weights and doing some of them programs (My body is to weak at the moment).

Thanks again Brother!

I also see very attractive grippers at background of your video. How is your grippers? Can you close (MM-set) BBSM, GM or Elite?

Tell me when you will get thick 25kg plates and then I´ll buy ticket to your place. :laugh

Thank you brother!

Am not much of a gripper guy to be honest (Maybe because am not good at them ;) ), I don't have any beef builder grippers, I have coc T - 3.5, heavy grips 100 - 400, Atom grips smooth handle 1 band- 4 band, 2 limited Warren Tetting Heman and beast grippers, X3 gripper, rb260, rb adjustable gripper and Iron grip gripper. also 3-4 grip dynamometers :D

Am not sure how hard the BBSM, GM, or the Elite are. If they are harder then the coc3 Then I cant close them :(

I already have the thick 25kg plates here :D Am also on the look out every day for a pair of 25kg plates at around 55-65mm, Or 20kg plates at around 100mm/4inch wide, Hopefully I will find a pair or both pairs soon. You are more then welcome any time brother :D

Thank you brother!

Am not much of a gripper guy to be honest (Maybe because am not good at them ;) ), I don't have any beef builder grippers, I have coc T - 3.5, heavy grips 100 - 400, Atom grips smooth handle 1 band- 4 band, 2 limited Warren Tetting Heman and beast grippers, X3 gripper, rb260, rb adjustable gripper and Iron grip gripper. also 3-4 grip dynamometers :D

Am not sure how hard the BBSM, GM, or the Elite are. If they are harder then the coc3 Then I cant close them :(

I already have the thick 25kg plates here :D Am also on the look out every day for a pair of 25kg plates at around 55-65mm, Or 20kg plates at around 100mm/4inch wide, Hopefully I will find a pair or both pairs soon. You are more then welcome any time brother :D

My wife watched airplane ticket prices and hope we will meet at next year.

Guest Squat More

Best quote I've seen outta you. :D

Not quite sure how to take that.

Congrats.

Love watching your videos. They got an almost magical atmosphere to them with the snowing chalk and wonderful hiphop. :)

• Like 1

Thank you brother!

My wife watched airplane ticket prices and hope we will meet at next year.

I hope so brother!

Congrats.

Love watching your videos. They got an almost magical atmosphere to them with the snowing chalk and wonderful hiphop. :)

Thanks Norden.

I am happy you like watching my videos and you like the music :) Sometimes it gets really snowy in there :grin:

• Like 1