Gripmonsters Challenges

Juha Harju

All lists updated now. Lot of excellent results done.

Here is right way to film biceps curl against the wall. If I cant clearly see that your ass and upper back is really against the wall with every reps then it´s no lift. I dont wanna be asshole but this is same for everybody.

No prob bro but thats all the light you can get in my basement;

At least i started training arms again after months.

Here is right way to film biceps curl against the wall. If I cant clearly see that your ass and upper back is really against the wall with every reps then it´s no lift. I dont wanna be asshole but this is same for everybody.

I see that you are strong dude. Next time you should film your curls like this and then it´s ok. Then I can referee your attempt.

I read Jedds post and figured it would be fun to participate even if you're not the strongest guy around.

I'm counting a total of 11 sec. Sorry about dropping the plates, Juha. :shutup:

• Like 2

I read Jedds post and figured it would be fun to participate even if you're not the strongest guy around.

Nice holds and dont matter dropping. I counted 13sec.

• Like 2

I started doing pinch holds/2 finger holds over the last month and realized that that my pinch strength has got stronger. From 6-7 seconds to 14.5 second holds on 2 x 20kg plates in a month!! I would say holds are very very good, I would recommend them to everyone. :)

Good pinch lifting Henrik!

• Like 1

Good pinch lifting Henrik!

Thanks David. Time to get those 20kg plates you linked me, even though it may take some time before I can get them off the ground. Can't keep doing holds forever. :)

• Like 1

Time for you to get 20 reps that is all

• Like 1

Thanks David. Time to get those 20kg plates you linked me, even though it may take some time before I can get them off the ground. Can't keep doing holds forever. :)

I think it's time to work on the 20 kg plates myself. Maybe we could race to see who can lift them first :grin:

I think it's time to work on the 20 kg plates myself. Maybe we could race to see who can lift them first :grin:

Sure! I wish I didn't have this diffuse feeling of who's gonna be first, though. :glare:

I just gotta get the plates first. Do you have the same plates? I think it was the same brand and same kind of plates as your 15kgs.

Got about 16 this time last one the mat I was on was sliding but I felt my upper ass was on there but was iffy The race to 20 is on! Heh

Bar is about 23 lbs with 2 45's and halfs around 54kg little heavier on accident since I thought the bar was lighter.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Got about 16 this time last one the mat I was on was sliding but I felt my upper ass was on there but was iffy The race to 20 is on! Heh

Bar is about 23 lbs with 2 45's and halfs around 54kg little heavier on accident since I thought the bar was lighter.

Awesome.

Sure! I wish I didn't have this diffuse feeling of who's gonna be first, though. :glare:

I just gotta get the plates first. Do you have the same plates? I think it was the same brand and same kind of plates as your 15kgs.

lol, well you never know who's going to progress faster. I might be better at timed holds and you might be better at lifting more weight, people have different strengths.

I have the 15 kg plates of that kind. I don't own any 20 kg plates right now, but I'll be getting some 20 kg plates soon, so I can start working on lifting them.

Stephen,

Strong work but your first 6-7 curls are too short. You must curl higher your reps. Your earlier video was better than this.

I counted 15 clean reps to Matti Heiskanen

Has anyone tried 2 x 20kg/45s time holds, or 10 reps at there bodyweight? This would be good for the elite pincher's.

Edited by grip monsta p

BW bench press http://youtu.be/MrgB9z2hHDM

11 reps with 222lbs. Bw: 220lbs. Counted the weights wrong in the video, forgot to say the 2.5 on there.

Strong job man its not coming up for me though
Sorry, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrgB9z2hHDM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Like 1

I've been a little confused about the BW military bench.

This is just with the legs up, so as to prevent drive, right?

Any other differences?

BW bench press http://youtu.be/MrgB9z2hHDM

11 reps with 222lbs. Bw: 220lbs. Counted the weights wrong in the video, forgot to say the 2.5 on there.

Nice work man. 7 good reps other was too short.

• Like 1

When you are doing military bench challenge, push hands straight at every reps. Dont do " pumping training" like bodybuilders. :)

Please watch my video to see what I mean.

1.06 mark to forward: