Trap Bar Deadlift With Fat Gripz - Challenge?

MarcoBuhl

Damn man that is huge

My max deadlift isn't much higher then that. I've never used a trap bar but it looks like a great training tool to use the manus/fatgrips with. I threw my back out about a year ago-being stupid- so deadlifts still are pretty uncomfortable for me but that trap bar looks like great just for just regular training also since it will put less stress on the lower back.

Looks like you could have pulled more also.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Especially when you have lower back pains or problems with your lower back - these type of deadlift is awesome. Unfortunately i don't own a trapbar. :mellow

I think without Fat Gripz you can pull up to 350, 400 Kg when your deadlift max is about 220.

The Trap Bar Fat Gripz Deadlift is a permant part of the Thickbar Meeting every year here in germany. Hope that this excercise will be on other Grip events, too.

Nice! I'm getting a trap bar soon and can't wait to work on these. I think on the last grip radio Jedd was talking about a trap bar hold for time event (regular handles).

You will have much fun with it, MichaelM.

Hope there will be lifts higher than 240Kg. I think the big guys like Kody Burns, Juha Harju, Andrew Durniat or Adam Glass...(sorry for any other strong guys. Still don't know many big names in Grip Sport.) will get very high numbers!

it almost looked like you hook gripped because you squeezed that for dear life haha nice life man.

Marco,

I have lots of videos on youtube of Trap Bar Deadlifts with FG's and FGX's. None of them, however, come anywhere close to 500+lbs. BOOM!!!!

• Like 1

The handle on a trap bar does not rotate and is aligned with the center line of the body making the lift a good bit easier than with a barbell. More importantly the fat grips don't revolve so it more closely resembles a suitcase type lift instead of a free rolling bar. In 1991-1992 I managed a non revolving suitcase type lift one handed on a 2" fat bar with 457lb.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm doing more Fat Gripz Training again. Lifetime Goal is 200Kg DO Deadlift.

In this Video:

1x Fat Gripz Double Overhand Deadlift 352 lbs
10x Fat Gripz Xtreme Double Overhand Deadlift 220lbs

Edited by MarcoBuhl

• 1 year later...

How tightly do the FGs fit on that bar?? Great lift by the way!! The trap bar at my gym has thin handles where the FGs fit loosely, causing them to spin. That being said, my best pull is 405 and I'm very curious what it would be with perfect fit.

How tightly do the FGs fit on that bar?? Great lift by the way!! The trap bar at my gym has thin handles where the FGs fit loosely, causing them to spin. That being said, my best pull is 405 and I'm very curious what it would be with perfect fit.

The Fat Gripz have about 3-4mm gap when wrapped around the original handles on this trap bar.