1st West/central Pa Battle For Grip Supremacy!

Bill Piche

Forgot to specify this:

Inch lifts will be UNBRACED!!! No bracing of any kind allowed!

Rick Walker :rock

Rick,

incredible job on the contest. I just have one question about the nail bending: Have you considered including some nails between the Blue and the Red? I suspect everyone will be able to bend the Blue, but many will not manage even a partial bend of the Red. This could make judging difficult.

RSW-

Read it again. The blue will be cut in .25 sections from its original length down to 4".

Rick:

You might want to say that the $100 red nail bend needs to be a maximum of 2" apart. ;) I'm no bender, but I can easily get the ends to be at least 2" apart. :D

BC.

Sorry that I will not be there too. It would be fun to meet the guys, to compete and maybe challenge those there to a little armwrestling. Oh well! :( Maybe when I stop buying equipment, I will save enough to go next year. I believe that with the enthusiasm of Rick, the people who are going to be there and all the great prizes, the success of this event is a foregone conclusion.

No hook grip allowed on the DL.

Rick... are you going to be a part of this contest, or are you just going to judge/referee it?

Yeah-that should read MAXIMUM!! Thanks for catching that.

No hook grip.

Syber-yes-I am competeing. I have a few guys that will be judging /loading

Will a thumbless grip be allowed for the Inch?

No-stop trying to bend the rules guys! :D:tongue

I guess I am going to have to have my 2 rotties judge :laugh:whistel

Rick Walker

Rick, I'm not trying to bend the rules, just trying to clarify them. If a hook grip is allowed then I am gonna train with a hook grip! If a thumbless grip is allowed and I can lift more that way then I don't wanna find out about it on competition day, I wanna train in that fashion for several months prior to the competition. How many entries have you received? I should be getting mine to you soon. :)

What strongmitts said. Not trying to bend them, just clarify. :inno

I have recieved 10 entry forms so far-THANKS TO EVERYONE!

That makes 11 with me. The next one I get will lock in 12. If you are interested-still send in your forms. You never know when someone may drop out and you will slide into their place.

We have some guys coming a long haul for the love of grip-awesome!

Should be a record setting day.

I will post the 10 locks as soon as I get home from work-

• 2 weeks later...

DATE IS:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH

TIME: 12:00 NOON.

• 1 month later...

Hey, Rick let me know when you need the pig money for the comp. and anything else ya'll need. I figure a 100# pig. What you think? Oh I forgot Dave is coming 125#. :whistel

I'm planning on bringing some coffee from my grandfather's store. He has a roaster so it's high end stuff.

Jon@han

This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm new to bending and want to be sure I'm training appropriately.

Rick, could you define "bracing" as it will relate to your contest?

Obviously competitors won't be allowed to bend things over their knee, but is holding the nail close to your body (read: contact of hands and abdomen/pelvic area) considered bracing?

Thanks,

and no, not trying to bend the rules, just the nail! hehe... had to throw that in somewhere :blush

-DC

• 1 month later...

Hey guys in the grip comp. Man there are some off the chart prizes. The door prizes are so neat and the 1,2,3, place serect gifts are better than any trophy I ever got. WOW! The dude is going to run a tip top comp. He has got a thousand $$$ in this.

Gazza, your kindness in this comp. will be blessed Bro.

To the other companies, Sornix, Fat Bastard, Ironmind, etc..... :bow

To the monies put in by all who have giving I pray it comes back to you double protions.

It is an honor to be part of this land mark grip comp.

Punxsutawney will be known for the great hands that will show up year after year for this comp. and not some rat that comes out a hole to see it's shadow.

Props. to ya Rick. :bow

Thanks bro. I hope this thing runs smooth and people leave with a sense of awe for what they just participated in.

The Battle is soon......I will be ready.