Double 2 X 20kg/45s Pinch

monstagripp

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I just wanted to know how many guys can pinch 2 x 20kg/45s in each hand at the same time at 85kg 187lb or less bodyweight???

Thanks

Uhh, hey grip monsta p. Really hard question to answer.

First, I don't think there are a lot of guys at that body weight pinching 2x45s.

Possibly Bob Sundin, Eric Milfeld, Kody (can't remember how much he weighs), not sure. I'm not saying any of those guys have done it, but it's definitely a very, very short list and I don't know anybody off hand who has done this. Oh, Tommy Heslep maybe.

OH! There is the picture of one of the Holle brothers doing this (or something very similar) in the old Cyberpump gallery.

This is the Holle brother photo.

Thanks for the reply Cannon, So at the moment its just me, Bob and Craig Holle. That's a very short list. :) (I think Kody weighs 92kg) There must be more people out there somewhere??

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I just wanted to know how many guys can pinch 2 x 20kg/45s in each hand at the same time at 85kg 187lb or less bodyweight???

Thanks

Gripsport is still somewhat at it's infancy...which means (very) unlike Baseball, we don't have a significant amount of stats on who did what, where and at what weight.

The best we have right now ishttp://www.gripsport.org/lists.htm for contested disciplines...,

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showforum=14 for GB stats...

and the rankings and feats of strength at David Horne's Forum http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/forum/index.php

You are likely correct that there are more people out there, but there won't be a ton. It's a significant feat for anyone, regardless of weight.

Many probably don't even have two pairs of nice 45/20's. I don't, all I have is a pair of rather wide and horribly sharp 20k plates with a slippery coating. I can lift them with my right hand but they cut the skin every time I try. I think I have the strength to do a pair with each hand at the same time as I have pulled 45k left and 47k right on the Euro set up at just under 73k body weight.

The problem with these feats is that it is extremely difficult to evaluate them. For example we have seen people pinch lifting four 10k plates but this is with top quality Eleiko plates with perfect fit. It would a world of difference to do it with four average width/poor fit plates.

This is why we introduced the Euro pinch. It is an implement that sets an even standard. If you want to claim supremacy in the one hand pinch you really need to show this in competition on a Euro set up. In your weight class the record is 53k something and 46.2k in the 83k class.

You do undoubtedly have a very good pinch but right now, in your current weight class, the WR holder (Kody) is an absolute pinch monster and has the pound-for-pound best 1HP in competition (apart from being #1 in absolute terms as well).

The problem with these feats is that it is extremely difficult to evaluate them. For example we have seen people pinch lifting four 10k plates but this is with top quality Eleiko plates with perfect fit. It would a world of difference to do it with four average width/poor fit plates.

This is why we introduced the Euro pinch. It is an implement that sets an even standard. If you want to claim supremacy in the one hand pinch you really need to show this in competition on a Euro set up. In your weight class the record is 53k something and 46.2k in the 83k class.

You do undoubtedly have a very good pinch but right now, in your current weight class, the WR holder (Kody) is an absolute pinch monster and has the pound-for-pound best 1HP in competition (apart from being #1 in absolute terms as well).

I have lifted 4x10kg with Eleiko and Leoko plates. Who else have you seen doing this feat? I think this "feat" will need something more too than just "perfect fit plates." OMG!

• Like 2

OMG to yourself. You and another gentleman are more sensitive than a PMS sufferer. No one said it is easy to pinch four 10k plates but it is certainly easier to pinch narrowish and top quality plates.

OMG to yourself. You and another gentleman are more sensitive than a PMS sufferer. No one said it is easy to pinch four 10k plates but it is certainly easier to pinch narrowish and top quality plates.

If you pay shipments both ways then I´ll send to you my Eleiko and Matti Heiskanen´s Leoko plates for borrow. Then you can show to us your "power" with Swedish everlasting menstruation.

• Like 2

You must just inform me one month earlier so it´s certainly official with rules.

• Like 3

do you have video of this?

Yes of course I have a video, Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cks3LNJeim4

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Gripsport is still somewhat at it's infancy...which means (very) unlike Baseball, we don't have a significant amount of stats on who did what, where and at what weight.

The best we have right now ishttp://www.gripsport.org/lists.htm for contested disciplines...,

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showforum=14 for GB stats...

and the rankings and feats of strength at David Horne's Forum http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/forum/index.php

You are likely correct that there are more people out there, but there won't be a ton. It's a significant feat for anyone, regardless of weight.

Thanks Nate.

I wouldn't say Eleiko/Leoko have a perfect fit (Maybe for someone with big hands like Wade But Juha doesn't have very big hands and still gets the job done. I don't think it would be possible for anyone to pinch 4 thick 10kg plates (3 of my 10kg plates are over 100mm)

I have never tried Euro pinch, But the Original feat was 2 45s Due to the difficulty of lifting them. Euro pinch is good so you can get the right width for yourself. But not everybody has a euro pinch device, Most people will have plates, So anywhere I go I can pinch them. That's why I am trying to get good at every thickness (Thin to thick) and not only 50mm-60mm. I pinched 44.6kg over a year ago and my pinch has got a little stronger since then so I think If I lost 2kg I could set a new world record.

Kody is no doubt the No1 Euro pinch BOSS on the planet!! Just like Juha is the all round pinch BOSS on the planet!! I would not want to compete with either of them. :)

• Like 2

A big big thanks to Juha for putting up all his grip videos up for everybody to watch :), I started grip training around 3 and a half years ago on and of. And the first grip video I watched was Juha's (JUHA THE REAL GRIP MONSTER FROM FINLAND) I was amazed by his grip strength!! :) And watched Juha and his friends, Paul knight, Bob sundin, Laine snook, Sum gabriel, and others all the time for inspiration :) And now many many others!!!

Thanks everyone

monstagripp

Edited by grip monsta p
  • Like 3

Many probably don't even have two pairs of nice 45/20's. I don't, all I have is a pair of rather wide and horribly sharp 20k plates with a slippery coating. I can lift them with my right hand but they cut the skin every time I try. I think I have the strength to do a pair with each hand at the same time as I have pulled 45k left and 47k right on the Euro set up at just under 73k body weight.

You are very strong Mikael, How thick is your Euro pinch set up? If you ever get a chance to pinch 2 x 45s in each hand at the same time try it, You will be the lightest person to ever do it.

Keep up the good work. :)

I would think Adam could probably do this even at his 185# current BW.

Could you get him to try it??

I think you should call him out dude

Edited by Mike Sharkey

I would think Adam could probably do this even at his 185# current BW.

Could you get him to try it??

I think you should call him out dude

I have just asked him, Hopefully he will reply soon.