The Chimp's Grip.

Josh O'Dell

A chimp? He weigh's a mere 150 pounds butt has 5x overall more strengh

than a human? Can crush a mans hand like nothing, This is interesting. The

secret? Less grey matter means less ability to complete delicate becuase of

less control of its strengh. Could we summon more electric current to deaper

muscle fiber? Whats your outlook on this?

well and if you ever look at a chimps hand, its huge too. They have far less motor controls than we do granting them more muscle fibers per contraction. Their animalistic nature also makes them stronger because its savage in nature. Their muscles are also a little bit more dense because of constant survival swinging, fighting, throwing things, etc from the time they are out of nursing. IT is theorized that the average human was stronger than today when we were primitive man because of lack of motor skills. It's like having super-retard strength for a chimp basically.

• Like 2

well and if you ever look at a chimps hand, its huge too. They have far less motor controls than we do granting them more muscle fibers per contraction. Their animalistic nature also makes them stronger because its savage in nature. Their muscles are also a little bit more dense because of constant survival swinging, fighting, throwing things, etc from the time they are out of nursing. IT is theorized that the average human was stronger than today when we were primitive man because of lack of motor skills. It's like having super-retard strength for a chimp basically.

Nice info man thought i was the only grip freak watchin monkey videos lol its just

very interesting.

• Like 1

Well did my own research on animal strength comparatively because humans are very weak compared to wild animals. The brain is an amazing thing. I figured if they can do it so can I, so I have been trying to temporarily focus on gross motor movements like in training rather than finer skills. It has it's advantages, but it would be hard to master because we live in a society of fine skills. Yea like a full grown gorilla could outpress 3 or 4 savickases lol

I would have to agree with King Crusher on this one, There realy is no sense

in calling it that, Not cool.

Nice info man thought i was the only grip freak watchin monkey videos lol its just

very interesting.

haha, whatever it takes!

Lol

My understanding is that they're stronger more because their muscle insertions happen in more mechanically advantageous directions, not because their fundamental muscle composition or brains are very different. If you look at human muscle orientations they are long and run almost parallel to our bones which is abysmal for actual strength, though the long fine tendons to allow for more delicate movement as well as more 'elastic' than 'brute strength' tasks such as running long distances.

When an advanced deadlifter deadlifts several hundred pounds, for example, the muscles are actually literally crushing your spine with almost 4 thousand pounds of force. So human muscles themselves are plenty strong.

I don't think the intelligence issue is a big factor or else we'd have found native tribes or mentally challenged people with orders of magnitude more strength than the rest of us. Then again, there are tales of super human strength like the classic mother picking up a car to save her kid. I don't know if these have ever been verified but I do believe our body is capable of creating emergency levels of strength output that may save our lives but probably do some connective tissue damage, but I think elite strength athletes are probably functioning pretty close to this level.

Edited by truth1ness
  • Like 2

Thats some good info, It has also been studied that like a old lady picking up a car becuase of fight or flight

response which activates adrinalin and sends way more electric current to more muscle fiber for that moment.

So the Chimp as i read is always able to activate more electric current to more muscle all the time on top of them

having more mechanical advantageous directions not to mention there wild monkeys lol

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the zoo of my city a couple of weeks ago, and they had a wooden board put up in the chimp exhibit.

On it were pieces of metal the chimps and orangs had mangled; let me tell you, this stuff was bizarre.

There was at least one padlock with a stainless steel binder, about 5/16" thick, just torn apart. I don't remember

it too clearly but on that board were some massive pieces of metal bent and ripped that, as to my estimation,

only a handful of top gripsters could handle, if any. It was very impressive; you just look at those tiny evolutionary

cousins of ours, not thinking much, and then you see this and it puts them right back into perspective. Humbling.

Edited by Volko Krull

I went to the zoo of my city a couple of weeks ago, and they had a wooden board put up in the chimp exhibit.

On it were pieces of metal the chimps and orangs had mangled; let me tell you, this stuff was bizarre.

There was at least one padlock with a stainless steel binder, about 5/16" thick, just torn apart. I don't remember

it too clearly but on that board were some massive pieces of metal bent and ripped that, as to my estimation,

only a handful of top gripsters could handle, if any. It was very impressive; you just look at those tiny evolutionary

cousins of ours, not thinking much, and then you see this and it puts them right back into perspective. Humbling.

Thats sweet man! I would like to see that ha ha

• 4 months later...

Further evidence concerning the enormous strength gap between humans and apes:

First, a plastinated man:

Body+Worlds+Mirror+Time+Exhibit+Brussels

Then, a plastinated gorilla:

AFP_Getty-GERMANY-OFFBEAT-P.jpg

The difference in musculature is all too obvious.

Regards,

Volko

Know what I like about the gorilla? It doesn't have massively over developed pecs.

Know what I like about the gorilla? It doesn't have massively over developed pecs.

Sounds like me lol
  • Like 1

Sounds like me lol

Haha

I was looking at that too, and in comparison to its shoulders, it's press are smaller. Shows the hierarchy of the actual usefulness of those two muscle groups, I think.

• Like 1

There chest looks very dense

lots of strengh, There back is insane!