International King Kong Grip Challenge - Results

Eric Roussin

congrats all! And special congrats to the King of Grip, record breakers and promoters.

Eric, will you be entering the weight class for the women on the NAGS site so their lifts can be tabulated according to their class?

• Like 1

Congrats to all competitors and big thanks to Eric. This was great contest. We had new faces at Finnish leg and they competed well.

• Like 1

Daniel - Yes, the women's scores will be entered by weight class.

Thanks Brent. Thanks Juha.

• Like 2

Thanks for the mention Nate on the One hand Axel!

Big congrats to everyone who competed! This was a great comp and I had a ton of fun. Having these events really helps to keep the motivation high. Looking forward to the next one.

Huge thanks to Eric for getting this comp started, Chez for getting the NY area organized and Andrew O'Leary for letting us have this in his garage. It was great to see so many competitors out of the NY location!

Also big thanks to Jedd and Chez for helping Ref the lifts. Watching Jedd pull on the Axel was bad ass!

• Like 3

Thanks Brian. It was nice to PR despite running Chez's comp for him...LOL.

• Like 3

Thanks Brian. It was nice to PR despite running Chez's comp for him...LOL.

Next time I want you working the grill as well. :upsidedwn

Unfortunately several people had left before we finally got around to a group pic. Good times.

u5cx.jpg
  • Like 1

Congratulations to all competitors and the guys that made the Detroit leg a blast. Extra thanks to Dave and Darrin for helping judge for me :blink. Metals will be shipping out tomorrow for the top 5 overall, event winners and weight class winners. I'll try to have the NAGS site updated by the end of the week.

King Kong Metals 2

• Like 1

It was a great tournament, congratulations to all the participants, especially the winners and champions!

Particularly pleased with Andrew Durniat, Kody Burns and Juha Harju.

I hope we will repeat next year this tournament!

• Like 1

Please correct the error: not Kupinchy, but Kupinsky.

double check but, I think I fixed it.

congrats on the Win Juha!

and Stephen.. DAYUUM bro! 3rd place overall is a hell of an accomplishment. ..and after being in grip not even a year?? very impressive!

also impressive is the large turn out on the comp! well done Eric!

yeah, i'd have to say, even with all the records being broken.... stephen placing the way he did with having probably the least grip training under his belt is damn impressive

congrats on the Win Juha!

and Stephen.. DAYUUM bro! 3rd place overall is a hell of an accomplishment. ..and after being in grip not even a year?? very impressive!

also impressive is the large turn out on the comp! well done Eric!

Thanks Tommy!

Some big lifts around the world and new WR´s. Eric organized good contest.

Stephen Ruby
Dave Thorton
Daniel Reinard
John Wojciechowski

the above athletes are qualified for NAGS C by virtue of placing in the top 20 in this comp. congrats.

• Like 1

NAGS website has been updated with the King Kong contest results. Thank you to Aaron for setting up the site and showing me how to upload scores. If I misspelled or entered a value in wrong please PM me. I was working on this farther into the night than I should have been.

• Like 1

Here are the videos I got from the comp. Sorry I didn't put weights in. It would have taken me twice as long, but I wanted people to be able to see the lifts they got.

• Like 2

Somehow Dave's lifts are locked in the database. I'll contact Aaron about it. Thanks