Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Did chest shoulders tris and abs today, but was in a hurry and didn't get.to log anything. Good workout though...no pr's since this was my first session after.taking a week off, but now that the cns is fired up again I anticipate good things for the next 6 Weeks.

Had my first pinch workout today:

Hub

Right Hand: 30, 35, 40, 5x32.5

Left: 30, 30, 32.5, 6x28.75

Plate Pinches (using a loading pin as a pipe and 3 tens for thickness)

Right: 3 tens, 3 tens + 7.5lbs, 3 tens +12.5, 3 tens + 20

Left: 3 tens, 3 tens+7.5, 3 tens +12.5, 3tens +20

All weights were too easy. I was able to hold everything for time

Imtug Pinch

Right: 25xim2 20xim2

Left 15xim2, 12xim2

A few static holds with ring/pinkie finger closing imtug4 (have to get some crush in :grin: )

Wrist Curls 2 sets 30 lbs dumbell

Reverse wrist curls 2 sets 25 lbs dumbell

Cool beans! Have never really dedicated a workout to pinch. All the TTKing i've been doing must be paying off because months ago my hub max was around 30. I think that if I train this lift, I can actually get to a non-embarrassing 50 pounds relatively soon! I'm not looking to be the next Juha or Jedd Johnson here, but just a much stronger version of my current self.

• Like 1

Back and biceps today:

pull ups
6xbw+55, 7xbw+45, 15

One arm db rows 10R/8L x 95, 6x100

Tbar Row with barbell end stuffed in corner 10x130, 10x130 (bar weight not included, 25 pound plates used instead of 45's)

Close Grip Pull up thumbless 12

dumbell curls 5x40, 8x30

High incline preacher curls 6x25

Biceps were toast by the end of back work and my curls really suffered. For anyone wondering or for the 2 people who actually read this log, I only log down my "true" work sets where I go to failure. I do more sets than this.

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 1

Nice job on the hg300!

I like my hg300 and 350, there ok for the price.

I like my hg300 and 350, there ok for the price.

Yeah i love my hg's. They are crappy grippers in the sense that the springs do weaken, but you can always just rate them every couple of weeks. I think everyone goes through that heavy grips phase lol. And i didn't realize 3.5s break into the 180s...i thought they were like a 175 gripper. Damn

Great progress man, seems like every time I check in your log you've hit another goal. Looks like the bodybuilding background has helped you make achievable goals that you consistently get on a timetable. Very impressive man, keep it up

Great progress man, seems like every time I check in your log you've hit another goal. Looks like the bodybuilding background has helped you make achievable goals that you consistently get on a timetable. Very impressive man, keep it up

Thanks Jon! It truly has been a hell of a 7 months as far as progress goes. I agree 100% with you...my background in lifting and bodybuilding definitely contributed. I think it was a matter of my muscles learning how to be "useful" and not just to be good in certain fixed exercises. And on the other note, grip training has helped my overall body strength much faster in these 7 months than at any other point in my life without it. As long as i'm physically able, I'll be a grip guy for life. And again, thank you for all your help and advice. I would be nowhere without.the gripboard.

Grip today

Grippers

Right hand: missx bbgm 138, 3xbbsm 128, 9xcoc2

Left: 1x2.5 125, 6xcoc2

Plate curl: right hand 8x2 tens, 8x2 tens left hand: 8x2 tens 7x2tens

Homemade stacker lift 20 lbs each hand

Ttk

Right 13x10, 12x10, 9x10, 30x7.5

Left 12x10, 7x10, 6x10, 20x7.5

Reverse wrist curls and extensors, 3 sets each

Definitely wasn't fully recovered yet today. I have introduced too many new stimulii all at once and should cut back. The set of 3 reps with my super master was awesome, though. Going to back off a little with grippers next week. No need to be testing maxes every session, thats just plain stupid. Right now my main focus is grippers and wrist strength. Btw my stacker came out pretty cool!

post-23333-0-26442800-1394923025_thumb.j

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 1

I got a red rafter from strongergrip instead of a stacker but Im sure it works just as good :)

Looks good!

I got a red rafter from strongergrip instead of a stacker but Im sure it works just as good :)

Looks good!

The red rafter is soooooo cool. I would love to get one but can't afford it at the moment so I made this lol

• Like 1

Grip today

Grippers

Ttk

Definitely wasn't fully recovered yet today. I have introduced too many new stimulii all at once and should cut back. The set of 3 reps with my super master was awesome, though. Going to back off a little with grippers next week. No need to be testing maxes every session, thats just plain stupid. Right now my main focus is grippers and wrist strength. Btw my stacker came out pretty cool!

Hey is this possibly your first homemade gripthing? Congrats! ;-)

Grip today

Grippers

Ttk

Hey is this possibly your first homemade gripthing? Congrats! ;-)

Lol i think it is man, thank you! Next up i'd like to make some pinch gripping blocks :).

Btw, thank you so much for the deadlifting tips you gave me. I took some weeks off from conventional deadlifting to do romanians and they are awesome. Today i went conventional and really focused on "pushing the floor away." Such a simple tip that i never thought of, really helped me! No crazy pr's, but the movement felt easier to me. Thanks a lot man!

Legs today

Deadlifts 5x305, 8x275, 2x185 fat grips, 1x185 fat grips

Romanian deadlifts 6x225

Squats 15x245

Abs, rotator cuffs

Great session. Short, but killer.

Chest Shoulders Triceps today

dumbbell bench press 6x100, 6x95

dumbbell incline bench press 10x75, 6x75

dumbbell overhead presses 7x70

Cable laterals 14x30

bent over cable laterals 12x25

Stack machine bench press 10x175, 5x195

Cable pushdown 10x90, 7x90

Close grip push ups to failure

Abs/rotator cuffs

Yesterday back and bis, thick bar

One arm dumbbell rows 10R/8L x105, 5x110, 5x80fat gripz, 14x60 fat gripz. Pr's all around

Pull ups 18, 12

Tbar row with bar stuffed in corner 12x120 not counting bar

Cable row 6x160 fat gripz, 9x140

Dumbbell curls 10x30, 7x70

Preacher curl with dumbbell no rest after standing db curls, 9x20, 11x20

Abs

Really good workout. The rows with fat gripz felt really good, i'm improving nicely. Hoping it carries over to my RT and hub. On a side note, i am on a calorie deficit and lost about two pounds, so it's nice to be using higher weights.

Grip yesterday:

Warm ups 12xsport, 12xtrainer, 4x1, 4x1.5

Right Hand: 1x2.5, 1x2.5, 5xcoc2, 1xbbm

Left: 8xcoc2, 1xbbm, 2xcoc2, 6xghp4

Plate Curls
Right: 3x21.25, 3x21.25, 8x20

Left: 4x21.25, 3x21.25, 8x20

TTK:

Right: 7x11.25, 14x10, 11x10,

Left: 8x10, 10x10, 10x10

9x20 Both thumbs on device

Sledgehammer Front and Rear Holds 3 sets with 5lb "hammer"

Reverse Wrist curls/wrist curls 2 sets high reps

Extensors 4 sets

Okay so my grippers sucked for the second week in a row. If I weren't a smarter man, I'd start worrying about now. I am cutting weight, but I don't think that's the issue here. Every other grip lift I got better on, and my regular gym lifts are going up. I think this is just a case of me doing too much for grip and wearing out my hands. I did fat gripz the other day and my forearms were still throbbing. Should've laid off the grippers yesterday. Anyway, resting my hands this week well.

Today legs and lower back

Squats

9x305, 9x275

Sumo Stance Good mornings

10x95, 10x95, 10x95

Glute Ham Raise on pulldown apparatus

4, 3, 2

Hip Adduction

25x290, 15x290

Hip Abduction

15x230, 14x230

Wanted to take it easy on my hands today so I didn't romanian deadlift. Tried good mornings for the first time in a very long time. I think this is a good exercise that gets neglected and used improperly. Kept the weight light and form tight. Great workout. My legs are already sore as hell 30 minutes after getting home from the gym.

Ok so I have not followed this forum at all...however I would like comment about the blob. I started doing grip training with Jedd Johnson since September and consistently since the middle of Nov. At the time I could not even fathom the thought of lifting at 50 lb blob off the ground. I could easily lift the 37.5 lb blob without difficulty however I really did not think I was going to lift the 50 in the near future. I kept at lifting the 37.5 hitting it for reps and then progressed to hex blocks as he did not have anything between the two size of blobs except hex blocks. I was able to get the 45# and 50# hex blocks fairly quick with some technique guidance from Jedd. Then Gripmas 2013 came on Dec 8th and after the contest I attempted to 50 lb blob and was able to break it off the ground. With the camera running I took probably 10 attempts at the blob with no success; then one last jokingly attention without the camera running I was able to lift it to just below my knee. That would be highest I got on that date. For about a month I took many attempts at the 50lb blob but to no avail. I continued to lifting with 37.5 lb and added weight to it and doing eccentrics with the 50lb and finally one day it clicked and I was able to lift the 50lb blob R handed. For the next two months I continued to practice on the 50lb with both hands but unable to L handed. I got frustrated and went and bought a 43# Fatman blob to work my L hand. After 2 weeks of hitting that for reps 2-3x/week I then was able to do it L handed. Later the same night I was able to perform a R handed 50# blob and L handed 5-10lb plate pinch and then replaced the plates with another 50lb blob and did a double blob lift (this was about 3 weeks ago). Today...I was screwing around the the 43lb fatman doing R and L handed curls with it; and me still being fairly new to grip did not know this was a good feat of strength. Jedd encouraged me to try to use a 50lb blob and was I able to with minimal difficulty. So Jedd upped the ante and challenged me to perform it with my back against the wall. At this time he tells me there are not a lot of people that can do this, but I ignored his words as I was focused on the task at hand. With lots of adrenaline (and caffeine) I was able to curl the 50 lb blob back against the wall today for the first time. The magnitude of the feat did not sink in until Jedd made a vague comment on facebook that he witness someone curl the blob without saying a name. The names that people guessed who this mystery man was is the deciding factor which sunk in to me. They were naming people like Brian Shaw, Mike Burke, Juha Harju, and Dave Labbe; those are serious strong men which I wouldn't consider myself in there class but I am totally stoked that I was able to do this today!!! Here's the video!

• Like 2

Wow bro, excellent read and video! I'm not entirely Sure why you chose this thread to post it in, but I do appreciate it. Congratulations on a feat that only a handful of people have done!

Today Grippers, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Grippers

Right: 1xBBSM 128, 1xSM 128, 2x2.5 125, 2 CCS coc2

Left: 1xHybridSM 120, 1xHSM 120, 1xBBM 118, 1 ccs MISS coc2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seated Overhead DB presses 10x80

DB Flat bench press 9x90, 5x85

DB Incline Bench press 7x75

Standing db Laterals 10x30, 8x30

bent over DB laterals 10x20, 10x20

Incline Hammerstrength Press 5x105, 6x90 weight per side

Lying DB extensions 6x35, 5x35 drop set to 8x25

Also did abs

Grippers seem to be on the rise buddy from last time I saw your log! I found fat gripz killed my gripper strength unfortunately but good progress man!

Grippers seem to be on the rise buddy from last time I saw your log! I found fat gripz killed my gripper strength unfortunately but good progress man!

Thanks man! Yeah i'm doing a six week body recomp to drop some fat and it's going well but my gripper strength seems to be taking a hit. And oh yes, fat gripz really burn out the grip bad. I was thinking about buying the iron bull 2.0s since theyre smaller because regular fat gripz kill my other grip strength!

Back biceps today

One arm dumbbell row 8/7x110, 6x110

Close grip pull ups 20, 14

Tbar row bar stuffed in corner 10x135, 10x125 not counting bar /and weight in 25's

Cable row 7x160 10x140

Dumbbell curls 9x35 6x35

Dumbbell preacher curl 9/11x25

2 sets wrist curls and reverse wrist curls

Abs, rotator cuffs

Grip today

Grippers

RIght: 4xhybrid SM 120, 2x2.5 125, 4xBBM 118, 1xHSM 120, 4 CCS coc 2

Left: 2.8xghp5, Miss BBM 118, 1xGHP 5, 1xcoc2 (horrible set), 2 CCS GHP4

Plate Curls

Right: 12x2 tens, 9x2 tens

Left: 11x2 tens, 6x2tens

TTK

Right: 8x11.25, 13x10, 12x10, 13x10

Left: 5x11.25, 11x10, 9x10, 8x10

Sledgehammer Holds Front and Rear 3 sets with 8 lb sledgehammer

EYHB 4 sets

Reverse Wrist curls 2 sets

Crush is coming back. It seems that I can't really stress my arms with thick bar while I focus on grippers, because it kills my gripper strength. Also, some shoulder pain in my right shoulder is killing my ability to set properly for my off hand closes and it shows in the results. Oh well...been lifting for years so the injuries follow me around.