Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

I am just barely starting to figure this stuff out the least bit. If you find an exercise that improves your general hand strength, it produces better results than focusing on a specific lift.

Finger curls are working for me right now. They have carryover to pinch, tb, and grippers but I have to work the technique to be able to exhibit that strength.(especially grippers) Blockweights have good transfer too.

Player curls have the best carryover, followed by thick bar imo.

Thank you for the input, guys! It's really interesting that everyone seems to have a different strategy that works for them. Grip may be the sport with the most variety when it comes to what works and what doesn't.

• Like 1

Bending and Biceps Saturday

Bent a 7 inch N down to about 4.5''. Hurt like hell. This felt like it was a good 20-30 pounds heavier than a red nail.

Yellow nail in 1 single IMP

Push ups on push up stands, 3 sets to failure

EZ Bar curls, can't remember the reps but I worked with 85, 95 and 105 pounds.

Legs yesterday

Squats 5x275 3x295 3x295 10x245

Glute Ham raises on pulldown station 8, 8 , 6

Smith Lunges

10x45, 5x70 5x70 per side

Calves

• Like 1

I just realized that I recommended player curls instead of plate curls.

I meant plate curls for gripping. Player curls are for pimping.

• Like 4

Bent a 7 inch N down to about 4.5''. Hurt like hell. This felt like it was a good 20-30 pounds heavier than a red nail.

Nice!

• Like 1

Nice!

Thanks Carl!

Did Chest and Triceps today

Flat bench press

2x205 3x205 2x205

Decline bench press

6x160 8x170 8x170

Standing db lateral raises

20x20 17x20 14x20

Hammerstrength incline press

12x70 12x70 per side

Seated overhead dumbbell extensions

3 x 5 x 80

Push ups using db handles

25, 10 (wow strong endurance loss)

Push ups no db handles

• Like 1

Back

Pull ups

30, 15, 12

Hammer Grip pull ups

3 x 10

Dumbbell rows

3 x 5 x 90

Hammerstrength rows palms in

3 x 10 x 115

Barbell Shrugs

20x135 10x185 10x185

Awesome! Got a big rep pr on pull ups. I've been trying to hit the 30 in one set mark for years now. Felt great, I felt like I had a few more but the pump in my biceps was painful by the end lol. Next, stop, 35.

Great job on the pullup PR. Most ive hit was 20 for American Gladiator but that was years ago, keep it up youll get the 35.

• Like 1

Great job on the pullup PR. Most ive hit was 20 for American Gladiator but that was years ago, keep it up youll get the 35.

Thanks Parris! I know you have some significant weight on me so 20 reps is damn respectable.

I've been trying to hit the 30 in one set mark for years now.

Crazy stuff! Damn. 30 pullups is a lot. There are very few things I can do 30 consecutive reps for period. :blink

• Like 1

Back

Pull ups

30, 15, 12

30 reps! Thats crazy. I might be able to do 30 pull ups in a whole workout. Remind me to never challenge you at anything.
  • Like 1

I've been trying to hit the 30 in one set mark for years now.

Crazy stuff! Damn. 30 pullups is a lot. There are very few things I can do 30 consecutive reps for period. :blink

Back

Pull ups

30, 15, 12

30 reps! Thats crazy. I might be able to do 30 pull ups in a whole workout. Remind me to never challenge you at anything.

30 pullups wtf!? Thats nuts! That Vtaper is gonna be bananas this summer homie!

Hahaha you guys are great! It felt really awesome to hit that number. I haven't even been training endurance, just been doing extremely heavy (for me) weighted pull ups. I guess that helps!

May 9 Grip

Grippers

20mm block set Right hand: 1x128, 4 sets of 2x128, slight miss x 134, 4x114

Left hand 10x104 mms, 5x109 20mm, 1x104 1.5'', 7x104 20mm, miss 124 20 mm

Shallow hub

Right hand 5x32, 6x32, 5x32, 5x32

Left hand: 4x32 3x32 4x32 5x32

TTK Both hands at same time

7x26.5, 5x26.5 5x26.5 7x25

2hp on sorinex 2'' block

10x90 4x115 6x115

Nice! Grippers are on the rise again. I used a ghetto setup for shallow hub where I just put cardboard inserts around my IM hub. Worked like a charm.

Last night DO Bending

Bent 3 reds in double IMP's:

1 to 2.5''

1 to 2''

1 to 4''

Awesome! Finally got through that crush sticking point. I couldn't believe it when the bar kept moving past the sweep. I tried to bend in singles but my left index finger is just too beat up right now for that. I'm going to have to give it some time to heal up so in the meantime I will work with singles and then a third of an imp on each side. But the red has been bent!

• Like 3

Back day today and I had a bitchin workout. I've really been on a roll lately. Scheduled to take next week off from training but I'm not going to. I wanna keep riding these gains until they dry up.

Hammer grip pull ups

5xbw+65 5xbw+65 6xbw+65

Pull ups

6xbw+45 6xbw+45 5xbw+45

Dumbbell rows

3 x 10 x 75

2 x 4 x 90

Cable row with wide grip and palms facing in

12x100 10x110 10x110

Machine pulldown

10x90 8x90 per side

Pullovers

2 x 12 x 50

Chest today

Flat barbell bench press

3x195 4x195 4x195

Decline barbell bench press

4x185 5x185 5x185

Standing dumbbell lateral raises

12x25 10x25 8x25

Dumbbell bench press alternating hands

12x50 11x50

Decline Push ups

20 20

Also did a bunch of reverse flies with an exercise band. Gotta keep the shoulders balanced with all the bending and what not.

Been a little bit since I updated but I've been training consistently.

I did grip the other day and closed my 134 Gm MMS for a few singles, and missed my 138 by a little. Also new PR off hand of 128, that was really cool!

Also did shallow hub and maxed out at 39 pounds. Some TTK afterward and then I bent 8 60D nails double overhand in singles.

Did legs Sunday, squats with 275 lbs, sumo deads high reps with 225, and leg extensions and glute ham raises.

That's basically the short notes on these workouts lol.

• Like 2

Did bending yesterday...

Bent down 2 reds to about 3 inches in 1.3 single IMP's. Basically an IMP and a third of an IMP extra layer, so much thinner than doubles. Crush still stopped me.

Then I put a nice kink in a 5 inch 1/4'' square. No chance in hell I could crush that lol.

Some push ups to close the workout.

I'm pretty beat up. Think I'm gonna take that week off now!

Took my week off and it was excellent. Now back to training, and I am training HARD A.F. for the red nail.

Yesterday, Chest Triceps

Flat bench press

5x195 5x195 10x160

Decline bench press

3x5x160

Seated dumbbell lateral raises

15x20 12x20 12x20

Dumbbell flat bench press

10x70 8x70

Seated dumbbell extensions 5x80 5x80 4x80

Cable pushdown

10x70 10x70

Incline pushups, about 6 sets to failure and adjusting height for each set. Went as high as 30 reps per set

This morning, back biceps

Hammer grip chins

3 x 2 x bw+85

Pull ups

8xbw+30 10xbw+30 9xbw+30

Dumbbell rows

8x80 10x80 8x80

Cable rows using wide attachment and neutral grip

3 x 8 x 120

Machine pulldowns

6x100 6x100 8x100 per side

Dumbbell pullovers

2 x 8 x 65

Dumbbell hammer curls

2 x 8 x 35

Yeah man, let's cert this damn red.

you're going to be jacked when I see you next month

IMPs plus 1/3 is getting really close. There isn't much difference between this and single IMPs. At this point, most of it is just slight variations in grip and feeling. Keep killing it!

you're going to be jacked when I see you next month

Haha, thanks man, you're going to Nates???

IMPs plus 1/3 is getting really close. There isn't much difference between this and single IMPs. At this point, most of it is just slight variations in grip and feeling. Keep killing it!

Yeah man! For some reason the extra third of a pad really makes a difference in feel to me. Maybe it's simply a confidence barrier that I need to break through, but that crush is definitely still a problem for now lol

Im trying to, so far looks like ill be able to make it. Just need baby sitters now.

• Like 1

Im trying to, so far looks like ill be able to make it. Just need baby sitters now.

That's awesome!

So since the last time I updated this log, I had a couple of pretty good sessions. With grippers, I hit a PR of 128 SM with a ghp 1.5'' block set. Trained legs, and also did bending on Saturday. I screwed up a Red bend as it was off centered, bent an M in single IMP's, and then bent a bastard! That was really cool. The bastard was harder to kink than a red but easier to crush. I am going to purchase a set of digital calipers and then submit a cert video.

• Like 4