Squats

10x225 10x245 5x275 1x295

One leg leg press

3 sets of 12 x 2 plates per side

Glute ham raise

6, 4, 6 assisted

Calves

Abs

Met up with Brian on Saturday morning and we had a badass grip workout. Did a whole bunch of stuff....grippers, euro, rolling thunder, wrist wrench plate curls and hub. I didn't log anything but it was a solid session. I'm sore everywhere!

• Like 2

Funny how grip gettogethers work. The one I did last time with the guys over here made me sore all over. Probably the intensity. Cool Anthony.

Edited by Geralt

Funny how grip gettogethers work. The one I did last time with the guys over here made me sore all over. Probably the intensity. Cool Anthony.

Thanks bro! Brian definitely knows how to train and being as he competes in the same weight class as me, I look up to him. Very cool dude and I was happy to make it over there.

Chest today

Flat Barbell Bench Press

8x155 6x175 6x175

Decline Barbell Bench Press

8x155 8x155 6x155

Machine Flat Press

7x150 7x150 5x150

Standing db laterals

3 x 20 x 15

DB Extensions while seated

2 x 10 x 70

Was okay. My shoulder is still bothering me, but these particular exercises have not been aggravating it more, so I did them. Felt good to actually stimulate the chest for the first time in a while (other than bending). Still can't do overhead presses.

Pretty good back and thick bar workout today

Hammer Grip chins with Iron bull 2.0s

2xbw+75, 3 x 3 x bw+75

Pull ups using iron bulls

3 sets of 12

Hammerstrength row with wide grip

5x135 5x135 6x135 12x90 per side

Dumbbell rows

Can't remember if I did 2 sets of 10 or 12 reps with 70 lbs

Barbell shrugs

20x135 20x155 20x155

• Like 1

Do you flare your elbows or keep them in tight powerlifting style when you bench? I tore something in my right shoulder doing heavy bench but flaring my elbows bodybuilding style about a year back. Just interested as you seem to have something similar to what I had

Can't wait to see you finish those red nails off by the way ;)

Do you flare your elbows or keep them in tight powerlifting style when you bench? I tore something in my right shoulder doing heavy bench but flaring my elbows bodybuilding style about a year back. Just interested as you seem to have something similar to what I had

Can't wait to see you finish those red nails off by the way ;)

Hey man,

I used to flare them out but you're right, it's horrible on the shoulder. Now I tuck them powerlifting style when I bench. My bench is terrible compared to what I do with dumbbells because I just never train that lift. May have a go at it though. Thanks for the words! I want to see you killing reds too :D

• Like 1

Morning gents! I'm still training, just behind on the log. Here we go:

Last Thursday
Did bending, 1 red and 1 M drill rod bent to about 3.75 in single IMP's and then crush stopped me. Kink is getting easier on the red

Saturday Legs

Squats 5x275, 5x275, 10x245

One legged leg press

12x2 plates, 8x3 plates, 9x3 plates per side

Glute ham raises 6, 6, then 2 sets of 10 using my hands for support

Calves

Sunday Grip

Grippers, block set 20 mm

Right: 1x114, 1x124, 1x134, Miss 134, 1x134, Miss 140, Hold with Trex extended handle

Left 1x114, 2x113, 1x113, 7x104 left turn, hold t rex extended handle

Sorinex 2'' block, 2hp

2x115, 3x115, 4x115, 5x115

Wrist wrench

Right 10x42, 10x49, 2x57

Left 10x42, 10x47, 1x57

One wicked wrist roller extensor rolls

1x75, 1x75, 1x75

Plate pinches with pipe through middle:

Right: Couldn't do this with right hand because the skin on my thumb was beat up and it was too painful

Left: Bunch of holds with 4 tens, 2 deadlifts with 5 tens!

Another red nail bent down to about 3.75 inches, using 1.5 IMP's. Also did gripper chest crushes with a 160 elite.

I'm ready for the Throwdown. I haven't gotten much stronger, but I haven't lost any strength while training for the red nail, and that makes me happy. Hands are getting brutal tough.

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 2

Looks like good workout, got 5 tens with a pipe I see!

Looks like good workout, got 5 tens with a pipe I see!

nice work man

Thanks guys! I took a video but when I uploaded it to youtube, I shaved off a few seconds from the video and it got cut off. But I didn't drop the weight, I put it down gently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksAkyTEv79o

Chest and triceps today

Barbell bench press

8x160, 6x180 6x180

Decline barbell bench press

4x175 4x175 8x155

Standing db laterals

3 x 15 x 20

Machine flat press

10x150 8x160 5x170

Lying db tricep extensions

2 x 8 x 30

6x30

Rested only like 20 seconds in between sets on these because I had to get the hell out of the gym and go to work.

Overall a good workout. My shoulder is STILL bothering me. These exercises don't aggravate it. Looking forward to taking next week off and just icing and stretching the poop out of it.

Back training this morning

Pull ups

3 sets 8 reps bw+25, 15 bw

Underhand pulldowns

3 x 8 x 160

Hammerstrength row

3 x 5 x 135 per side

Dumbbell rows supported by rack

12x70 8x80 6x85

Incline bench dumbbell flies

3 x 12 x 15

Barbell shrugs

30x135 25x135 20x135

Good work with the Red! Most people find the kink the hardest part of 5/16 x 7". Stick with it and you'll be blasting through that last part soon enough.

Good work with the Red! Most people find the kink the hardest part of 5/16 x 7". Stick with it and you'll be blasting through that last part soon enough.

Thanks Carl! If anyone would know about bending steel, it would be you lol. One thing I'm doing wrong which was pointed out to me is that when I try to crush, I'm squeezing too far up on the handles. I should be squeezing right from the very end...I always avoid doing that because it hurts like a sonofabitch but it makes complete sense.

Thanks Carl! If anyone would know about bending steel, it would be you lol. One thing I'm doing wrong which was pointed out to me is that when I try to crush, I'm squeezing too far up on the handles. I should be squeezing right from the very end...I always avoid doing that because it hurts like a sonofabitch but it makes complete sense.

LOL ... Yeah, I get down on the edges for the crush. It does hurt, but if you do this routinely, your palms will adjust to it. Another thing that could help (and is also painful!) is to unravel a layer-or-two on the crush, which will really help get a stronger position. This has really enabled me to get a strong "close" on the last part of the crush ... especially with smaller-sized hands.

LOL ... Yeah, I get down on the edges for the crush. It does hurt, but if you do this routinely, your palms will adjust to it. Another thing that could help (and is also painful!) is to unravel a layer-or-two on the crush, which will really help get a stronger position. This has really enabled me to get a strong "close" on the last part of the crush ... especially with smaller-sized hands.

Awesome, great to know! Thanks!

Legs

Squats

20 x 225

Smith machine lunges

8x50, 5x50, 4x50 weight per side

Glute ham raises

6, 6

10 using hands

Calves

Short but brutal. That widowmaker on squats was badass. I would like to attempt a 30 rep set at this weight.

• Like 1

You're about to get strong if you keep squatin like that!

• Like 1

Had my last workout this past Saturday, won't be training again until the competition next week. It went well, got 2 x 128 super master with 20mm block, and I believe 5 x 125 on 2hp. Also got 7 x 52 per hand on the wrist wrench, which I thought was pretty damn good. That is a brutal training device. Did a bunch of working sets but I don't have my log with me at this time. After the competition my grip training is going to change a bit, and get more simple as I feel "throwing in everything but the kitchen sink" (thanks Geralt LOL) has hindered my progress in certain areas.

• Like 1