Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

You like the blob drags? Helped me lift my fatman fairly quick after over a year collecting dust. It basically teaches the tendons to adapt to the blob at a lighter load until you're strong enough to lift it. I continue to do them so I don't have to train blobs balls to wall each time.

I liked them a lot. Allowed me to work with a blob I normally can't do anything with. I think this particular one will go up quickly with continued training like this. Trying to do some blob work because I know they'll be included in the medley at the next contest I attend!

• Like 1

Leg and biceps 2 days ago

Squats

8x225 8x245 8x265

Romanian deadlifts

3x8x135

Lying Leg Curl

5x120, 5x130, 5x130, 5x120

Calves

Pull ups using fat grips

3x10

Standing db hammer curl

8x35, 6x40 6x40

EZ Bar curl

8x60, 8x60

Db preacher curl

8x25, 12x25

Nothing to failure in this workout. Time for a week off from training :)

• Like 1

Sunday

Battled with a piece of 7'' J Drill Rod for about 12 minutes. I was able to put a little bit of a bend in it, but nothing too crazy. Tore up the skin on my index finger pretty good, too. Oh well.

Today: Chest/shoulders/triceps

Seated overhead press

3x135, 3x145, 3x150, 2x160

Dumbbell flat bench press

6x85, 5x90 5x90 6x80

Incline dumbbell flies

3 x 8 x 45

Dips

15, 15, 10

Seated overhead dumbbell extension

3 x 6 x 75

Was a little pressed for time so I couldn't do as much as I wanted to do. But with the bending, I probably don't need much volume for chest anyway. Overhead presses were very pleasing for me, I think that's a PR!

• Like 2

Careful with those long drawn bending battles, as fatigue increases, the chance for injury goes up quickly. When I got my pec tore up I had been cranking on the rebar at least 5-10min.

Careful with those long drawn bending battles, as fatigue increases, the chance for injury goes up quickly. When I got my pec tore up I had been cranking on the rebar at least 5-10min.

You know, it's funny you commented because that evening I was thinking about how you tore your pec while bending and I thought to myself that I do NOT want that happening. From now on I'm not going to do any crazy battles like that anymore. My face was even red for the next 24 hours from just hitting the bar so hard.

• Like 1

You know, it's funny you commented because that evening I was thinking about how you tore your pec while bending and I thought to myself that I do NOT want that happening. From now on I'm not going to do any crazy battles like that anymore. My face was even red for the next 24 hours from just hitting the bar so hard.

also, bending rebar is known for being crazy dangerous and you should never bend it. It springs back and can snap at any time.

Ohh, oh yeah :D armeringsjärn!

Great, just learned another word, thanks!

Well this may be true but Jon still makes a good point in that hitting something for 10+ minutes all out is a recipe for disaster.

Today's training:

Pulldowns

8x160 8x180 7x192.5 6x170

Cable Row

8x150 8x160 9x180

Chin ups

3 x 10

Hammerstrength Row

3 x 8 x 115 per side

Dumbbell Rows 8x70 8x75 6x80

Good session. Wanted to do biceps too but I ran out of time. Also got in about 5 sets of hyperextensions with bodyweight.

Did some pinch today:

Sorinex 2'' block, 2HP

4x100, 6x100, 6x100

Sorinex 4'' block, 1HP

Right: 2 holds with 43lbs, 1x43

Left: 2 holds with 43 lbs, Fx43

Holds were 3-5 seconds each. This block is massively wide. Hoping it helps with block weights.

TTK

Right: 6x10, 4x10, 2x10

Left: 8x10, 7x10, 6x10

20 minutes jogging

Keep punching the clock Anthony! May I ask what your squat max is? Just curious. I am concentrating a bit on strengthening my squat which always has been a bit neglected and weak. Your squats are much stronger than mine. Aiming now for 115 - 120kg x 10.

Keep punching the clock Anthony! May I ask what your squat max is? Just curious. I am concentrating a bit on strengthening my squat which always has been a bit neglected and weak. Your squats are much stronger than mine. Aiming now for 115 - 120kg x 10.

Thanks bro! I've always been a good squatter and horrible deadlifter. My squat PR is 340, but I haven't squatted heavy in months because my back has been acting up. I'm trying a few different things to try to heal up, but lower back has always been a nagging injury for me and gets in the way of progress.

• Like 1

Ok. Nice. Hope to get to the 150kg also short term...we'll see. The step from 130 to 150 kg is quite big. Hey about your back, you got a hollow back or something? That's something I have. I must say, I switched to trapbar DL and it feels much better! I hope to get a 210 - 220 kg DL PR in 2015 when my legs get stronger for the trapbar. Anyway, you can focus much better on proper hip tilting/movement.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 2

Anthony do have have access to a reverse - hyper machine by any chance? Greatest thing ever for bulletproofing your lower back

Anthony do have have access to a reverse - hyper machine by any chance? Greatest thing ever for bulletproofing your lower back

I have always wanted to try one of these but they are difficult to find. The average commercial doesn't offer one.

The average homesold devices are mostly crap, for normal hyperextensions...specially when bw is past 100kg. Didn't Jason Steeves buy one recently? He had the same problem.

The average homesold devices are mostly crap, for normal hyperextensions...specially when bw is past 100kg. Didn't Jason Steeves buy one recently? He had the same problem.

^ damn smartphones.

• Like 1

I have always wanted to try one of these but they are difficult to find. The average commercial doesn't offer one.

You can still get a pretty decent traction on your back by just hanging from a pull up bar and relaxing... maybe even adding up to 30lbs on a weight belt. High rep light swings have given me an almost painful pump in my back.

Thanks bro! I've always been a good squatter and horrible deadlifter. My squat PR is 340, but I haven't squatted heavy in months because my back has been acting up. I'm trying a few different things to try to heal up, but lower back has always been a nagging injury for me and gets in the way of progress.

Dont push through the back pain dewd.

I did this and now its worse than ever.

I had an x-ray 2 days ago, horrible experience and an even worse back pain.

Im getting my sentence in a week.

yeah they are tough to come by, my old gym had a huge strongman and powerlifting room with all kinds of good stuff but thats rare

• Like 1

Holy Crap, a lot happened while I was away from the GB lol.

Ok. Nice. Hope to get to the 150kg also short term...we'll see. The step from 130 to 150 kg is quite big. Hey about your back, you got a hollow back or something? That's something I have. I must say, I switched to trapbar DL and it feels much better! I hope to get a 210 - 220 kg DL PR in 2015 when my legs get stronger for the trapbar. Anyway, you can focus much better on proper hip tilting/movement.

Yep, hollow back. It has bothered me on and off since I'm 18. Even before I started lifting weights. I just have a crappy back and sometimes it feels okay and other times it bothers me. Lately it's been feeling pretty badly. I would LOVE to use a trap bar but unfortunately my gym doesn't have one.

Nope. My old gym had both this machine and a trap bar but it got to be too far and expensive for me to go to.

You can still get a pretty decent traction on your back by just hanging from a pull up bar and relaxing... maybe even adding up to 30lbs on a weight belt. High rep light swings have given me an almost painful pump in my back.

I have an inversion table at my house to stretch out the spine...it gives instant relief but not long term. After a hard days work though I love to jump on for 10 minutes though.

Dont push through the back pain dewd.
I did this and now its worse than ever.
I had an x-ray 2 days ago, horrible experience and an even worse back pain.
Im getting my sentence in a week.

I'm so sorry to hear your pain is getting worse bro. Don't stop lifting completely though, that will just make the situation worse. Do hyperextensions to get blood flowing in your back and continue your routine but be very easy picking up and putting down weights and such. And no squatting and deadlifting!

I'm not gonna be doing any squats or deadlifts for a while, but I have my hip belt ready to go :D

• Like 2

Im guessing herniated disc.

I tried doing dumbell rows a month or two ago and on my last rep I didnt tense my core like I should have.

The Lower back went *click* and I had to crawl upstairs.

With three steps left I couldnt even crawl anymore.

It took me like 3-4 minutes to crawl up the last three steps.

I couldnt walk for 2-3 days.

Then I started moving around, leaning on furniture and walls, walking bent over, like a 100 yr old.

Took me like a week and a half before I could walk properly and when I could walk upright I started taking long walks every other day.

Long walks seem to help the back recover.

Im taking a walk tomorrow again.

My back is better but its fragile and weak.

I cant lift anything heavy or move fast, jump, punch etc.

Regular walking and upper body gym movements is about where my limitations are atm.

Edited by PeterSweden

Did you went to see a chiropractor? I recognise what you described, only a shorter period and because of wrong posture on 205kg DL. In two cases i hurt my lower back I went to see a Chiro and in both cases that's what relieved almost instantly, manipulating the lower discs. She lay me on my side and pushed my leg and torso with force downwards. Some popping noises and I immediately felt it. Besides my wife, my chiro is a keeper lol

Sorry Anthony, realized just now that this is your workout log. Back to you.

• Like 1

Had back problems since I was like 17, Im 29 now.

Been to chiro many times, never really helped. Been a few years since I went there tho.