Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Tomorrow we "pick things up and put them down". Said with an accent.

• Like 2

Don't forget to just have fun and soak in the collective knowledge!

Absolutely man. I always learn a bunch from these get togethers.

see you tommorow brother. gettin pumped !

Looking forward to it bro :D

Tomorrow we "pick things up and put them down". Said with an accent.

Hahaha yes sir!

Anthony give it your best!

Results from the king kong

1h euro 69

1haxle 136

Hub 53

Lbh 141

Was very pleased with my performance! I would have liked better on the hub, but this wqsn't really the event i was focusing on during training. I feel like after starting off using only grippers for so long, i have finally evened out my grip. I alsomade the 74k class by 4 tenths of a pound, so success all across the board for me. I'll be training harder than ever now. Want to say thank you to all who read my log and support me. You have my word that the only way i'll quit is through an injury.

Was back at it today, clangin and bangin. Did some bending and biceps.

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 8

You did great bud. Thanks again for all your help with loading and judging my horn lifts. Train hard because we are doing the New York Grip Throw Down III next summer and some of us may carpool to nationals.

• Like 1

You did great bud. Thanks again for all your help with loading and judging my horn lifts. Train hard because we are doing the New York Grip Throw Down III next summer and some of us may carpool to nationals.

Thanks Chez! No problem; I enjoyed doing the loading. Thank you for judging the lifts....by just my four calls on your LBH I saw how difficult it is to judge. You want to be fair, but you also don't want to screw someone out of a good lift. That carpool trip to nationals sounds really cool! First I'll have to qualify...

great job at the contest Anthony, you still did well on the hub even though you didn't focus on it so much.

Great lifts man!

Thank you gentlemen! The contest atmosphere is great, and it's awesome to have something to train toward. I tacked off a big goal by making the 74k class, BUT I'm too skinny haha. On to the 83!

Worked out legs and grippers last night...was a mediocre session at best. Nervous system has to get readjusted to things since I took the week off before the contest. I wanted to try squats and grippers out together to see what all the fuss is about....I didn't really see much of a difference in my gripper strength, but I was super gassed out from the squats LOL. Maybe I'll try it again because sometimes the body just has to adjust to new stimulii.

Listen to chez, he doesnt kill himself on the squats when doing grippers :D

He is repping at maybe 70-80% and getting real warmed up and excited for grip :)

• Like 1

Yeah, like peter said...the stimulation is what works best. If it's a killer squat session, I'm spent.

Believe it or not, doing a few triceps sets works better than squats. Extensions with an EZ bar while standing works great...think it gets that pinkie side of the lower arm hot.

shoulder presses work the second best for me. Nothing beats squats for me but other big compound movements that don't tax your grip (no deadlifts for example) can be used as a substitute.

Listen to chez, he doesnt kill himself on the squats when doing grippers :D

He is repping at maybe 70-80% and getting real warmed up and excited for grip :)

Oh please, Chez doesn't know the first thing about closing grippers :grin:

Yeah, like peter said...the stimulation is what works best. If it's a killer squat session, I'm spent.

Believe it or not, doing a few triceps sets works better than squats. Extensions with an EZ bar while standing works great...think it gets that pinkie side of the lower arm hot.

Interesting, you may be on to something here bob. I need to give those a try with grippers!

shoulder presses work the second best for me. Nothing beats squats for me but other big compound movements that don't tax your grip (no deadlifts for example) can be used as a substitute.

Shoulder presses may be the better option for me since it's an easier set up in the house. Thanks chez

Was in the gym at 5am this morning. The early experience is definitely not for everyone. I want to continue trying this as it's extremely convenient for my schedule. Overall numbers were lower. Need to carb up the night before a workout next time

Upper body

Seated overhead barbell press

3 sets 5 reps 135

DO Static holds

3 sets 315

Shrugs

3 sets 8 reps 225

Pull ups

15, 15, 10

Incline dumbbell bench press

8x80, 6x80

Incline dumbbell flies

3 sets 12 reps 30

Hammer grip pull ups

15, 15, 10

Incline hammerstrength press superset with cable rows using a rope attachment

8x90 per side/rows with 80 (didn't count reps)

8x90/90 on rows

Idid 5 am for years youll get used to it if you stick with it.

• Like 1

Idid 5 am for years youll get used to it if you stick with it.

Absoutely Parris, I'm already starting to kind of adjust. Had my second workout today and it went a little better.

More 5am madness...guns today

Standing db curls superset with seated db tricep extension

8x35/10x80

8x35/8x85

8x35/8x80

Standing ez bar curls superset with cable pushdowns

12x60/10x90

12x60/8x90

12x60/10x80

Lying ez bar extensions superset with reverse ez bar curls

6x70/10x45

6x70/10x45

6x70/10x45

Rotator cuffs

Okay workout. It was much easier to get out of bed and get to the gym and warmed up this time. Strength is still missing. Waiting for this old sack of bones called my body to adjust and start kicking ass and taking names again.

• Like 2

Guns that turn on nuns!

• Like 2

More 5am madness...guns today/quote]

Man! I don't think I could even lift an empty barbell at that time! Madness indeed.

Hahaha yeah man, I'm slowly adjusting to it but it has been an interesting change.

Guns that turn on nuns!

LMAO