Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Great job. Keep working on it and you will see another jump once you really have the set dialed in.

Great job. Keep working on it and you will see another jump once you really have the set dialed in.

Thanks man, gonna keep working on the technique.

Yesterday legs

Squats

10x275

Sumo squats 9x245

Leg press

25x3plates per side, 20x4 plates, neither set to failure

Single leg curl machine

10x60, 7x70

Crappy session. My stomach was doing funky things the whole day and i just couldn't get into the mentality i needed for a good leg workout. I need ro start eating more fruits and veggies and take it easier on the seeds and whole grains. Constipation city (sorry if thats too much info!)

Hey dude your progressing fast! Congrats on the offhand and ghp5 those are two

Notches in the oil belt my friend! You will be on that MashMonster list in no time;)

Keep it up bro! I will be keeping a eye on your progress.

• Like 1

Hey dude your progressing fast! Congrats on the offhand and ghp5 those are two

Notches in the oil belt my friend! You will be on that MashMonster list in no time;)

Keep it up bro! I will be keeping a eye on your progress.

Thanks bro! Like I said in my post, you have helped me along the way greatly. I'm taking in all the knowledge people on here have to offer and am just training my guts out. MM0 in 2014 would be pretty sweet!

Grip yesterday

Tetting grip machine

3 static holds each hand with 125, releasing as grip started to slip. Got about ten to twenty seconds per hold

Ttk

20x10 14x20 8x20 15x15 25x15 12x17.5

Extensors with exyb

100 green 25 blue 50 yellow 50 yellow

Short, and to the point!

great close but as I see it you place th gripper too far back in the hand. dont bother trying to reach around the handles with your fingers before the set, they'll reach around anyway as you set it.

Have the "palm handle" closer to your fingers, in the big crease of your palm. will get you stronger righty away.

watch "how to set a gripper" by paul knight on youtube if u havent already! ghp6 is right around tha corner!!

At this next level, i think my grippers should start being rated.

Btw, what is your name man?

Yeah, when passing coc2,5 and ghp6 up to coc3 and ghp7 you should have rated grippers :)

My name is Peter Hellman, Im from Sweden :)

great close but as I see it you place th gripper too far back in the hand. dont bother trying to reach around the handles with your fingers before the set, they'll reach around anyway as you set it.

Have the "palm handle" closer to your fingers, in the big crease of your palm. will get you stronger righty away.

watch "how to set a gripper" by paul knight on youtube if u havent already! ghp6 is right around tha corner!!

At this next level, i think my grippers should start being rated.

Btw, what is your name man?

Yeah, when passing coc2,5 and ghp6 up to coc3 and ghp7 you should have rated grippers :)

My name is Peter Hellman, Im from Sweden :)

Oh nice Peter, hello from New York City! Indeed, I'm putting an order together for a bunch of grippers. Just waiting to see if matt has a black friday sale lol.

• Like 1

Did back biceps and abs yesterday

Deadlifts

15x225, 10x225

Fat grips deads 7x185 awesome pr!

Db rows with fatbgrips

6x70 right, 3x70 right

5x70 1x70 left

Db rows no fat grips

7x85 grip was toast by this point

Chin ups

20 15

Db curls

5x40

Db hammer curls fat grips

5x30

5x30 drop set with 8x30

Fat bar strength is going up nicely!

• Like 1

Good work with fat grips. Many people, including me, neglect the simple value of thick bar in most upper body lifts. Andrew Durniat seems to use them constantly along the axle or thicker implements if you've ever read his training log. Good stuff in there.....://www.optraining.blogspot.com/ .. If you wanna be the best - learn from the best. I've spent a good amount of trying to understand training philosophies of the top guys. Adam Glass's old blog has a gold mine of grip wisdom also....Chez is also one of the strongest crushers there are as well so definitely hit up his log as well. I have definitely learned a ton from Kody Burns or Chris Rice and you really can't get much better than face to face interaction with the strongest and smartest grip competitors. Keep up the good work and keep working those thumbs and wrists - great progress so far.

Edited by jvance
  • Like 2

Good work with fat grips. Many people, including me, neglect the simple value of thick bar in most upper body lifts. Andrew Durniat seems to use them constantly along the axle or thicker implements if you've ever read his training log. Good stuff in there.....://www.optraining.blogspot.com/ .. If you wanna be the best - learn from the best. I've spent a good amount of trying to understand training philosophies of the top guys. Adam Glass's old blog has a gold mine of grip wisdom also....Chez is also one of the strongest crushers there are as well so definitely hit up his log as well. I have definitely learned a ton from Kody Burns or Chris Rice and you really can't get much better than face to face interaction with the strongest and smartest grip competitors. Keep up the good work and keep working those thumbs and wrists - great progress so far.

Thanks for stopping by and for the advice, man! I already read chez's journal, but didn't know about the others. I definitely will start viewing them. I'm not "knowledgable" by any means, but i do believe that if I had to choose only one aspect of grip training, it would be thick bar. It is so practical for real life overall strength. Plus, i have small hands so hitting the fat grips are a real challenge for me. Once again, thanks!

Today shoulders chest triceps

Seated overhead db presses

5x80

12x70

Db bench press flat

4x90

10x80

Db incline press

6x75

Incline hammerstrength press

7x90 per side

Bentover cable lateral superset with decline push ups

20x20, 25

12/9 x 25 (right hand/left), 16

Seated overhead tricep extension with one db

5x80

7x75

Standing db laterals with pause at both top and bottom to kill momentum

16x20

12x20

Good workout, some pr's in there. Doing chest after overhead presses kills my bench strength, but i alternate 4 weeks doing shoulders first and then 4 weeks chest first. After this next leg workout i will take a week off from training and then begin the chest first phase.

Grip today

Warm ups 50 reps exyb, 20xstore gripper, 15xsport, 10xtrainer, 4x1

Right hand 4.9x2, 4x2, 3x2, 9xghp4, 26 seconds penny hold with 1.5

Left hand 4xghp4, 1xghp4, 6x bb sa, 2x bb sa, 21 seconds penny hold ghp 3

Ttk

30x10, 20x20, 25x15, 23x17.5, 20x17.5

One wicked wrist roller

7 rolls up and down with 31.5

Good session. I need to work on setting with my left hand. Setting with my right hand is getting better and my set strength is going up. I seem to be making quick work of the coc 2, so hopefully i can close the 2.5 soon. This will be my last grip workout before i take a week off. I'm taking a page out of paul knight's book where i do 4 weeks training grip twice a week, and 4 weeks training it once. Next month will be only one grip workout a week and i will alternate between gripper and tetting grip machine.

• Like 1

I'm taking a page out of paul knight's book where i do 4 weeks training grip twice a week, and 4 weeks training it once. Next month will be only one grip workout a week and i will alternate between gripper and tetting grip machine.

Paul's got a book out :O?

I'm taking a page out of paul knight's book where i do 4 weeks training grip twice a week, and 4 weeks training it once. Next month will be only one grip workout a week and i will alternate between gripper and tetting grip machine.

Haha nah, I wish! It's an American saying...basically means I'm gonna copy what he used to do (or at least what he was doing at one time)

• Like 1

Haha nah, I wish! It's an American saying...basically means I'm gonna copy what he used to do (or at least what he was doing at one time)

Ohh my god :) You got me scared. I was like "PAUL HAS COME OUT WITH A BOOK WITHOUT ME KNOWING IT!!!!!!!!?????????????? FUXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!"

He is one of my biggest idols i grip. He is a cool dude

Yeah, he's amazing. unfortunately I got started after he stopped training the way he used to, so I missed his generation. But based on old posts I have read and videos on YouTube, the guy was a beast. It seems like there have been a few guys who had the potential to certify the number 4 under new rules (knight, vogt, savage) but sadly they seem to have stalled out before hitting that mark.

Well, today concludes my week off from training. I've been doing lots of stretching, foam rolling, rotator cuff work and extensor work all week. Feeling strong and ready for action. Tomorrow i get back to it.

Also, idk what the hell happened to my avatar pic. I guess i was too ugly for the gripboard lol.

Edited by Anthony C.

Grip today

Warm ups: squeezes on gel stress ball, 50 green eyhb, 50xstore bought gripper, 20x sport, 10xT, 2x1

Right hand work sets done with 1 inch block: 1x bb master, 1xbbm, 2xhard 2, 2x filed hg250, 3x regular 2, penny hold with 1.5 28 seconds

Left hand: 1x2, 0.7x2, 8x bb superbadvanced, 3x bbsa, 4x1.5

Ttk

22x10, 14x20, 13x15, 25x15

Wrist chair ups with 10 pound weight on chair 3 static holds

Decent workout. Finally closed my tough master. I would say it rates at about 117 pounds or so. I need to practice my ttk style. Wanted to do wrist roller but my forearms felt really fatigued....i shouldn't have trained early in the morning, not much of a morning guy.

Legs today

Squats

17x255

10x255

Barbell hip thrusts

18x225

3x315

One leg hamstring curl

10x70 per leg

9x70

Hip adduction machine

18x300

10x300

Abs cable crunches hanging leg raises and bench knee ups

Rotator cuff work

Wasn't originally planning on going high rep with my squat but halfway through i was like screw it let's see how many i can bang out. Great session, legs are fried

Chest shoulders tris today

Db flat bench 10x90 7x85

Db incline bench 10x75 6x75

Db shoulder press 7x65

Incline hammerstrength press 5x90

Reverse pec deck superset with decline pushups 15x125 20 11x125 12

Cable pushdown 9x80 12x70

Strict cable lateral (pause at both top and bottom) 12x25, 9x25

Rotator cuff work and cardio

Light grip today

Ttk

28x10, 28x15, 18x17.5, 13x17.5

One wicked wrist roller 5 rolls 32.5 lbs

4 rolls 30 lbs

Twist yo wrist 2 sets of 4 rolls 10 lbs

Imtug pinch 10 x tug2

Imtug pinkie and ring finger strap holds with 1.5 lb plate 20 seconds tug4

Nice light session to get the blood moving. Tomorrow is thick bar back day.

Keep it up bro good work

Back biceps yesterday with emphasis on grip

Deadlifts

1x295 1x315 1x325 6x275

Hammer grip chins

7 x bw (167)+50lbs

Fat grips hammer chins 15, 9

Db rowwith fat grips

6x70

Without fat grips 13x70

Fatgrips chin ups 9

Db curl

5x40 7x35

Db hammer curl with fat grips

4x35, 3x35

Rotator cuff work

Good session. Wanted to do fat grips deadlifts but the gym was packed and a group of kids was waiting for my rack, presumedly to do curls.