Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Yesterday, Monday November 4, 2013

Warm up Sets Grippers: 18xSport, 4xTrainer, 2xCOC1, 1xCOC1

Right Hand Work Sets: 8x GHP4, 2xHG250, .9xCOC2, 4xGHP4, Coin Hold with 1.5 using penny

Left Hand: 8xCOC1.5, 2xGHP4, 3.7xSuper Advanced BB, 4xSuper Advanced, Coin Hold with coc1 using penny

IMTUG Bottom Two fingers

Right:20xIMtug4, 15x4

Left: 8xIMtug4, 10x4

IMtug pinch work

Right: 6xIMtug 2, 8x2, 6partial repsx2

Left: 5x2, 8x2, 6 partial repsx2

one wicked wrist roller: 7 rolls up and down with 30 pounds, drop setted to 2 rolls with 20 pounds

Next set 4 rolls 20 pounds

My gripper strength is really coming along. During the week I picked up a coc 2 and repped it 3 times with no warm up. Obviously not a smart move and I won't be doing that again, but pretty good considering i just closed it for the first time 2 weeks ago. I think I am going to start filing it down as I work on the behemoth that is the 2.5.

• Like 1

Tuesday November 5, 2013 Chest Tris Shoulders

Seated Db overhead presses with very slight incline: 11x70

Db Flat bench press: 10x80

Incline db press: 7x70

Decline Pushups supersetted with reverse pec deck: 20, 15, 15x90, 15x90, respectively

Seated extensions with both hands on one dumbell: 9x70

Rotator cuff and abs, planks, overhead squats and weighted crunches.

Started off with overhead presses instead of flat bench today and man, that kills my chest strength. But it felt good to let the pecs take most of the load since my shoulders were already tired.

Filing grippers really helped me close coc3 :) now Im filing my light coc3 to help bridge the gap up to coc3.5 some :)

File away brother!

I find that keeping the reps between 1 to 3 gets my strength up more than higher reps.

Overcrushes are also something I really benefit from. 5 seconds or so

Edited by NewGrippster

Filing grippers really helped me close coc3 :) now Im filing my light coc3 to help bridge the gap up to coc3.5 some :)

File away brother!

I find that keeping the reps between 1 to 3 gets my strength up more than higher reps.

Overcrushes are also something I really benefit from. 5 seconds or so

Thanks for stopping by man :D

Youre right, and i didn't plan on going that high with the ghp 4, but a month ago that was a very hard gripper for me and psychologically i wanted to see how far i can go with it now. Ive been having great results keeping my reps 1-5 and i like to do some endurance work to end the workout. I still think higher reps have their place as far as conditioning goes.

I'm gonna start overcrushing. For my second grip workout of the week i use the tetting grip machine and like negatives with it. That sucker is money well spent.

Ps: a filed 3? You beast!

Trained grip for a quick session this morning:

Beefbuilder grip machine

Work sets right hand: 3x82.5, 3x81.5, 3 negative holds with 120

Left: 3x75, 1x75, 3 negative holds with 120

Ttk both hands on

24x10 22x12.5 25x12.25 24x12.25

Extensor work with eyhb and contrast bath

Havent had much time to train this week due to poor time managment decisions on my part. Had to sprint to catch a train yesterday and now my feet are killing me (i was wearing a suit and dress shoes lol). Gonna try to get to the gym to do legs this afternoon.

• Like 1

Back biceps with an emphasis on grip today

Pull ups with fat grips 10, 8

Regular pullups 11 bw+25

Db row with fat grips 8x65, 3x70

Regular db row 9x90, 11x80

Cable row 12x160, 9x160, 12x120 fat grips

Hyperectensions 15xbw+45, 12xbw+70, 8xbw+90

Chin ups 15

Db curls 8x35, 8x30

Db hammer curls with fat grips 9x25

Today shoulders/chest/triceps

Overhead DB presses 7x75, 9x70

DB flat bench 8x85, 8x75

DB incline bench 8x70

Incline hammerstrength press 10x85 lbs each side

Reverse pec Dec, superset with decline push ups 20x100 23, 18x105 15

Seated overhead extensions two hands one DB 10x70, 8x70

Seated DB laterals pause at bottom to kill momentum 20x20, 12x20

Legs today

Hip belt squats

20x135

20x145

20x158

Was a quick session. Work in progress...

Soon it will say Certified Captain of Crush, ye :)?

Edited by NewGrippster

Soon it will say Certified Captain of Crush, ye :)?

Haha, soon it will say that for BOTH of us!

Grip training today

Warm ups:30xstore gripper, 15xsport, 5xtrainer, 4x1

Work sets right hand: 3x2, .9xhard2 (bad set) 2xhard2, .8xridiculous bbm master, 2.8xfiled hg250, 17 seconds penny hold 1.5

Left hand: .8x2, .9x2, 2.8xghp4, 4.8xbb superbadvanced, 3.9x bb sa, penny hold with 1, timer malfunctioned

Imtug bottom two fingers

Right hand 25x4, 20x4

Left 6x4 ( hand still sore), 16x4

Ttk

25x11.5, 15x17.5, 12x17.5, 17x15

One wicked wrist roller

8 rolls with 30 drop set 4rolls 20

Great session. Finally closed the hard double stamp coc2 that i've owned for 9 years, but has always evaded me. My next goal gripper is the very tough bb master which is harder than a 2. Idk what it is but i've been reading about crazy variations inone gripper to the next with the tetting's. makes me not want to risk buying any more. That master wouldhave been a great stepping stone for me to get to the 2.

Also, looks like an off hand 2 close is in the cards!

• Like 2

How do you like the imtugs? I've thought about them in the past but I couldnt really see the benefit that I wouldnt get from regular grippers.

Edited by NewGrippster

How do you like the imtugs? I've thought about them in the past but I couldnt really see the benefit that I wouldnt get from regular grippers.

Hey brother,

I like them. I do think they're way overpriced but with ironmind, you know you will only be buying them once. I usually treat myself to one after working a hard overtime shift, and that's how i'm building my collection.

They're great for working higher (or lower) reps on the ring and pinkie fingers and thumb. For the index and middle finger, i think they're useless. One thing i like about them is that the knurling is softer, so i use them on my off days as well to strengthen the ring and pinkie fingers. For you, you'd probably need an imtug 6 for that.

I messaged matt about getting them in but he showed no interest which i guess means the grip community doesn't care much about them. That's a shame. I think more guys would use them if they got their hand on one to use as a sample first.

:) If you think they help you should keep doing them :) tried doing grippercloses upsidedown, the spring down on the pinky side?

:) If you think they help you should keep doing them :) tried doing grippercloses upsidedown, the spring down on the pinky side?

Those are awesome as well! I will probably start doing some sets like that, as well. I think for me personally, heavy holds on the beefbuilder grip machine are making me progress nicely. Only problem is recovery is so long!

Today back biceps

Deadlifts

1x275, 1x295, 1x305, 2x315, 1x315, 4x275 (double oh)

Chin ups 20, 15

One arm db rows 11 x85

Hard cable row machine 7x160, 10x140

Db curls 9x35

Db hammer curls 10x35

Damn you can do many chin ups!

Im 95kilo and I can do like 7 or 8 with some cheating air walking type style.

Damn you can do many chin ups!

Im 95kilo and I can do like 7 or 8 with some cheating air walking type style.

Haha yes, I've always been good at them. My all time best is 28 regular double overhand pull ups. But I train like a bodybuilder and so I've been doing them for years. It also helps that I weigh 75kg though lol.

Any tips for getting good at them? Im 20kg heavier but I still cant do 10 haha.

Embarrassing hahaha.

My deadlift was always good tho. Strange.

Any tips for getting good at them? Im 20kg heavier but I still cant do 10 haha.

Embarrassing hahaha.

My deadlift was always good tho. Strange.

Haha and for me its the opposite...my Deadlift is horrible, even my squat is higher.

keep a chair or stool, or bench or whatever under your feet while you do pull ups. Go to failure with regular form and then when you can't do any more, use the chair to get to the top part of the pull up, and then do controlled negatives. Do a negative, then get back to the top, and do another one. Keep doing that till your lats are on fire. That really helped me build endurance on them.

• Like 1

Shoulders chest triceps today:

Seated overhead dumbell press: 10x75 11x70

Db flat bench press 9x85 8x80

Db incline bench 8x70

Flat hammerstrength press 7x2 plates per side

Reverse pec deck superset with decline push ups 18x110 23, 17x110 16

Cable pushdown 7x90

Standing db laterals with pause at top 15x20 12x20

Grip today

Warmups each hand 50 reps white eyhb, 20xstore bought gripper, 20xsport, 12xTrainer, 2x1

Right hand: .9xbb master, .9xbbm, .8xghp5, 1xghp5, .8xghp5, 4.7xghp4 CCS, 18 second penny hold with 1.5

Left: 1xcoc2, .7x2, 4xghp4 mms, 6xbb super advanced mms, 2.9x1.5 ccs, penny hold with 1

Imtug pinch

Right 7.8x2, 14.8x2, 6x2

Left 6x2, 3x2, 3x2

Wrist roller 12 rolls with 20 lbs

Well how about that. Some nice PR's here! Closed the ghp 5 for the first time today. Also got my first off hand coc2 close. What's funny is that the bb master is supposed to be weaker than a 2, but i have closed both a 2 and a ghp5 and the master is still evading me. I wonder what the hell that thing rates at! Anyway, here is the video to my ghp5. I call out chez because he recently told me i need to start working on my set more, a welcome criticism. I have him and many to thank...john mccarter and josh odell have helped me along the way greatly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVT1otzxkTc

• Like 3

great close but as I see it you place th gripper too far back in the hand. dont bother trying to reach around the handles with your fingers before the set, they'll reach around anyway as you set it.

Have the "palm handle" closer to your fingers, in the big crease of your palm. will get you stronger righty away.

watch "how to set a gripper" by paul knight on youtube if u havent already! ghp6 is right around tha corner!!

great close but as I see it you place th gripper too far back in the hand. dont bother trying to reach around the handles with your fingers before the set, they'll reach around anyway as you set it.

Have the "palm handle" closer to your fingers, in the big crease of your palm. will get you stronger righty away.

watch "how to set a gripper" by paul knight on youtube if u havent already! ghp6 is right around tha corner!!

Hey man, thanks for the advice! I have been trying to get it closer my fingers, but usually what happens is i'm focusing so hard on bringing the other handle down that the gripper slides down into my palm. I will keep practicing and working on it. And hell, i don't even own a ghp6 yet! Gotta start saving now so i can place another order with cannon. At this next level, i think my grippers should start being rated.

Btw, what is your name man?