Considering A Pop's Grip Machine, Wondering How Much Weight I Shou

truth1ness

Thus far I've done all my heavy training at the gym and just have some small plates at home for stuff like pinching and have been trying to avoid purchasing a lot of weight plates as I live in an apartment and move a bit. The Pops grip machine interested me because it seems like if you use the bands you could get away with using a lot less weight. I'm curious for those of you who have one of these how much of the resistance you typically get from loading on weights vs using the bands. How much weight would you recommend having on hand to make this worthwhile?

My only reservation with relying too much on the bands is that without using weights it might seem a bit too much like a gripper (in terms of the force curve) and one of the reasons for using a grip machine is to have that more even close than you can only get with weights.

Also, I saw a grip machine a while back that had plates you can stand on to use your bodyweight. Is that one still being made?

I don't know dude, I've had mine for maybe 10 months now, and I've worked up to using 265lbs in plates, plus the bands. So, you're gonna need some plates. Haha. Maybe not right away though. And If you use one hand instead of two, obviously you'll need less plates.

Regardless, it's a great piece of equipment and I'd highly recommend you get one.

truth1ness

I also purchased a Pop's Grip Machine about 10 months and I like it very much - with bands plus weights (however nowhere close to 265#), plus the secret weapon attachment.

Noticed that you live in Baltimore. I live in Bel Air, Harford County, just north of Baltimore. You are most welcome to visit my home gym and try the Pop's Grip Machine if you like. (also have a Blob 50 you can try - I still cannot lift it) PM if interested

I am in a super good mood on how much my rehab and training has progressed grip has come back a lot. I think the pops gripper has healed my nerve damage somewhat by creating additional collateral nerve beds bypassing damaged area( as per doctor yesterday). My grippers, pinch , and balance between both hands has improved beyond my hopes.

That said I will talk to my web tech guy in house here and work up a code for a special pricing for the next several days to members reading this post and supporting the Grip Board to put a few Pops grippers in worthy hands. Richard

• Like 2

From now through next Wednesday (October 16) we're running a Gripboard promo for 20% Off all Sorinex Mighty Mitts products, our Fat Bar, Saxon Bar, and the Forearm Factory as well.

Use "GRIPBOARD20" at checkout.

We want to make sure everyone has the capability to get the equipment they need to get strong for grip season and thank you for continued support of our company and Grip Sport! We'll be pushing a smaller discount to all of our customers next month, but wanted to add an extra thanks to everyone here.

Edited by 1stCoC
  • Like 1

From now through next Wednesday (October 16) we're running a Gripboard promo for 20% Off all Sorinex Mighty Mitts products, our Fat Bar, Saxon Bar, and the Forearm Factory as well.

We want to make sure everyone has the capability to get the equipment they need to get strong for grip season and thank you for continued support of our company and Grip Sport! We'll be pushing a smaller discount to all of our customers next month, but wanted to add an extra thanks to everyone here.

This is outstanding, Richard. Thanks for your support of the Gripboard community.

Very generous. Your prices are already very reasonable for high quality equipment.

Awesome! I've been meaning to pick up a 2'' rotating handle!

Awesome! I've been meaning to pick up a 2'' rotating handle!

Thanks for the purchase Tom! Checked with my web department and saw it come through.

Glad we can help with your training!

• Like 1

Sweeeeeeeet!!!