Boltcutters And Towel Work

DanDempsey

I've been using a wet towel and wringing it out and pinching the top and rolling and squeezing with one hand which are pretty good towel methods. It's more of a conditioning thing but John Brookefield said it so I tried it and thought it was good. Anyone got any other ideas with a towel?

Also, bolt cutters. I have a pair, they weigh around 10lb, good for working out the wrists if I use them to lift a small weighted bad or just pinch them and maneuver hem in awkward angles. Does anyone use them or have any other ideas to use?

I don't go to a gym so look for things around the home and outdoors that i can do.

Roll Ups. John talks about the exercise in one of his books, with excitement. He recommends using a golf towel. When I did the exercise I just cut a towel I didnt use to golf towel size. The problem I had with that was when I got to around 3 kg, the towel broke. And get a good bucket, not a plastic one that snaps with low weight.. Its a good exercise for dexterity work i reckon

Roll up a towel, drape it over a tree branch so that you have equal lengths hanging over each part of the branch, grab each end of the towel, then do pullups. That is as sim[ple as it gets.

I've seen this mentioned a few times recently, but put get a large, heavy duty piece of material (won't tear easily) like a carpet or a heavy tarp, put some weight on it (whatever you'd like to use for weight, it doesn't matter), then grab the material and drag it around. Simple, but from I understand, effective. Plus you get the benefit of working the whole body if you use enough weight. Mark Felix likes it.