Strongergrip

chilliman64

I just heard from Ryan via email today on an order I recently placed. He said he's working super hard to get out of his backorder hole, so I'd give your order a little time. In my opinion, the products have always been well worth the wait.

Everyone must remember Ryan is one guy doing it all. Everything I have got from him is top notch!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Brad, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Ryan could use a simple e-mail autoresponder to avoid all this, though!

I've placed several orders with Ryan over the past couple of years and have been extremely pleased with the equipment. It usually takes about three or four weeks for the stuff to arrive, but it's well worth the wait. Ryan's equipment is the highest quality grip gear I own.

• 3 weeks later...

Gott Part of my order from 05. july today. Got the same problems as anybody. Still waiting for the the second part ( "Long" Club Pair & B-52 Limited Club ). I don't know if it is already shipped. He wrote me that he will ship it the day after the first package. But I never received tracking info for it. Only for the first package. This was my third order from Stronger Grip. So i knew what to expect. The quality of the items is as always first class! post-23564-0-10830500-1408638465_thumb.jpost-23564-0-04548000-1408638494_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Still waiting for the second package! I heard nothing from him. This (bad word filter)s me off!

Got my gear finally last week. Ryan apologized as above for being behind on orders. The gear looks great and seems to be top quality. One square clamp for his loading pins was missing and I haven't heard back about it so this may take a few more months to receive but at least it is a minor thing.

• 1 year later...

I am never doing business with Strongergrip again.

A few months after this last update after finally getting a response from him I made a followup order for more items from Ryan on February 2nd thinking this long turnaround with no response on my first order was a fluke, maybe he was busy or had an emergency or something.

It is now December 4, 10 months have passed. I have sent him messages to both his e-mail addresses many times over many months and have not received so much as a single response. I initially thought he might be incapacitated or out of business but I see him posting regularly on Facebook tinkering around making all kinds of stuff for his preferred clients that I am apparently not a part of.

I've been extremely generous and patient holding my mouth because I am one to almost never complain and I spoke well of his product when I finally received my first order and have given him every benefit of the doubt possible after the last order and in the far longer span of months after this order. But I can say definitively now that I have never seen such egregiously shitty customer service in my entire life. Ryan seems to treat his all star clients like Adam Glass and high level gripsters like royalty but if you're a no name expect to be insultingly ignored and at this point possibly robbed. I am not sure I can even get Paypal to refund my money at this point.

Edited by truth1ness
  • Like 1

A few months after this last update after finally getting a response from him I made a followup order for more items from Ryan on February 2nd thinking this long turnaround with no response on my first order was a fluke, maybe he was busy or had an emergency or something.

It is now December 4, 10 months have passed. I have sent him messages to both his e-mail addresses many times over many months and have not received so much as a single response. I initially thought he might be incapacitated or out of business but I see him posting regularly on Facebook tinkering around making all kinds of stuff for his preferred clients that I am apparently not a part of.

I've been extremely generous and patient holding my mouth because I am one to almost never complain and I spoke well of his product when I finally received my first order and have given him every benefit of the doubt possible after the last order and in the far longer span of months after this order. But I can say definitively now that I have never seen such egregiously shitty customer service in my entire life. Ryan seems to treat his all star clients like Adam Glass and high level gripsters like royalty but if you're a no name expect to be insultingly ignored and at this point possibly robbed. I am not sure I can even get Paypal to refund my money at this point.

Similar to my experience.

Any hope that the new FBBC expands their products. I have had nothing but good things to say about Andrew and his service.

It would be nice to know where Strongergrip gets all of their spheres and bun shapes made so I could make some of this stuff myself

It would be nice to know where Strongergrip gets all of their spheres and bun shapes made so I could make some of this stuff myself

Most likely an architectural steel supply like king.

http://www.kingmetals.com/Catalog/Catalog.aspx?CatalogId=c39&CatalogDetailId=4&NSM=Y

Edit: Also my local fancy steel yard has the "boutique" area where I can get most of this stuff but the selection is better online. But you might want to start looking locally, place they sell stuff for making gates and fances is place to start.

Edited by Jared Goguen

I've had 3 orders total from Strongergrip and the only one that took what I would consider a long time was a completely custom job. Something that he didn't have on his site. After a couple of emails back and forth the design and paint scheme was finalized and it took a month. His quality is outstanding. If I can't build it myself heirs who I'll go to.

Damn man you busted out. Big time! But I can understand your frustration. This kind of customer service is not good at all. If someone pays you, then F#¥/ all the "stars" and start doing business. This is my first time hearing about this business but from what I've read surely I won't order from him. He seems to have nice stuff but heck no. And when I am a customer to a business truat me I buy a lot. In business you should learn to keep your clients and hell sell them more. Not literally kick them out of your shop. To be honest if you made your order after reading all this negative reviews then it's your mistake. You should've avoided this situation in the first place. We have a saying "the door which come heavy winds from it close it and relax".

Anyway, since he still posts on Facebook did you try contacting him there? Try to get your item man as I don't think you can file a claim now

I've had nothing but good interactions with Ryan and Stronger Grip. He was always very fast, attentive, and pleasant to deal with. I wonder if something happened to his e-mail? I see his Facebook posts a lot too. I'd recommend that as a last ditch effort to get a hold of him. Not sure what has gone on to cause the huge wait time, but this is not how Ryan does business.

• Like 1

I've had nothing but good interactions with Ryan and Stronger Grip. He was always very fast, attentive, and pleasant to deal with. I wonder if something happened to his e-mail? I see his Facebook posts a lot too. I'd recommend that as a last ditch effort to get a hold of him. Not sure what has gone on to cause the huge wait time, but this is not how Ryan does business.

That makes sense Ben but in his defense if everything was smooth he shouldn't have to contact him aside from the order being placed. Even if he wasnt getting his emails asking about it, an Order placed and paid for should = order fulfilled in a reasonable timeframe. If a reasonable time frame cannot be met he should make the effort to give the customer an update and offer a refund.

• Like 3

I contacted him on facebook a few time and I saw that he had seen the message cause it was marked as read and still nothing. Also all my calls to him where unanswered and his voicemail box was full.

• Like 1

Not cool man. He is not selling gold. No way I'll buy from this kind of service

I will reiterate as I did in an earlier post that Ryan is an awesome guy and a good person. However, it seems he may be lacking in the communication department. We all have things we're good at, but that's not good for business. The bad word-of-mouth will bite you. If I were him I wouldn't accept payment until the order was ready to ship. But.. That's for him to manage. It's a tough spot. In this case the man is the business. I would trust the man, but probably would not risk an order from the business. Ryan himself is good people.

• Like 1

Back quite awhile back I reached out to him to see if he was interested in sponsoring the board.

Here was the response:

• Like 1

Maybe you should ping Jedd and ask him if he knows what's up with Ryan? I know Jedd has gotten items from him before and as far as I know hasn't had any complaints.