Strongergrip

chilliman64

hey gripsters

I have been wanting to buy a modular plateau buster from Ryan for ages - finally, I was able to place an order for the MBP and thought I'd also get the BSU/BUP Combo. I've never bought from Strongergrip before due to the cost of shipping but now the time was right. Ryan had always answered my emails and been polite and professional. I told him what I wanted, he sent me a Paypal invoice and I paid. That was 7th September.

13th Sept - I travel a bit with work and was worried I'd be away when my order arrived so I wrote to Ryan asking if he'd shipped it yet so I could get some idea of arrival date - no answer to my email.

22nd Sept - I wrote again - no answer.

Since then I've also emailed via the Strongergrip website - no answer.

Does anyone know if Ryan is away? I paid by Paypal so I know I'm safe as far as my money goes. Should I be concerned at the lack of response? I'm thinking that I should be.

Mark

I've only ordered from strongergrip once.

I ordered the blob from Ireland to PA cause I was taking a trip over and would save on shipping.

When I arrived the blob still hadn't been delivered. I gave it another few days but still nothing. I tried ringing but didn't get an answer. I sent him an email and had a response within a couple of hours. I explained the situation and he said he wasn't sure what happened, and that he had sent it already. He resent the blob via priority mail (because I was due to leave the states in 3 days time) and even threw in a free t-shirt.

Was very impressed with the level of customer care.

Hope you get everything sorted man

• Like 1

Guest Squat More

Ryan does everything himself, fabrication, shipping etc. On top of running a business he is a father, husband, and grandfather. He would never rip anyone off, I just got an update from his site for the first time in a while apologizing to all the people still waiting for orders. He does the best he can, and I think he does a good job. He probably just hasn't gotten a chance to reply to your e-mail. Just like FBBC was for John Beatty, it is a work of passion but sometimes that thing called life causes things to take a little longer. I have no doubt you will get your order, no worries.

• Like 2

thanks for the responses gents.

I never said I thought he was ripping me off, but I am concerned by the lack of aftersales support. yep, I get how it must be difficult for someone to run a business and have a life, but that's the cost of having a business. good communication is the key.

I have been a good customer. I have not tried to bust him on price. I asked for one invoice. I paid immediately. I don't think it right that I should be ignored - especially after three attempts once I had paid my money.

if I had been advised that my goods would take 2 or 4 or 6 weeks to arrive then at least I would know. being ignored is bad service and does nothing to give the customer confidence. I work in a service industry and if I or my colleagues ignored a customer that had written 3 times in 3 weeks then I/they would probably be out of a job.

anyway, I'm sure (hoping) it'll all be ok. if/when I get a response I'll post here to advise as that is the fair thing to do. I'll also post a bit of feedback regarding my items when they arrive.

I've met Ryan many times and he is 100% honest. (I know you're not necessarily questioning that, but Ryan is really one of those rare genuinely nice people and I feel the need to express that.) If there is an issue that ends up being a problem, I am confident that he would make it right or die trying.

Reaching him has always been tough for me. In the past I have tried to reach him for weeks with no luck. Usually what finally works is that I spam every channel possible. email/twitter/facebook. "Dude! Check your email!" That kind of stuff.

I think I have his phone number. If I can find it I will call and alert him that you'd like an update.

• Like 1

thanks for the responses gents.

I never said I thought he was ripping me off, but I am concerned by the lack of aftersales support. yep, I get how it must be difficult for someone to run a business and have a life, but that's the cost of having a business. good communication is the key.

I have been a good customer. I have not tried to bust him on price. I asked for one invoice. I paid immediately. I don't think it right that I should be ignored - especially after three attempts once I had paid my money.

if I had been advised that my goods would take 2 or 4 or 6 weeks to arrive then at least I would know. being ignored is bad service and does nothing to give the customer confidence. I work in a service industry and if I or my colleagues ignored a customer that had written 3 times in 3 weeks then I/they would probably be out of a job.

anyway, I'm sure (hoping) it'll all be ok. if/when I get a response I'll post here to advise as that is the fair thing to do. I'll also post a bit of feedback regarding my items when they arrive.

i've dealt with ryan in the past with a few of his products and had a similar experience with communication. i understand your frustration but i can tell you, he came through for me in the end. he is great at creating steel masterpieces, not so great at communication. businesses with many employees have people with different strengths in different positions. unfortunately, ryan does it all and he cannot be great at everything. i am not trying to justify your experience....just saying his company is not like your company.

• Like 1

thank you guys - I have only ever read that Ryan is a standup guy, but we can only judge by what we experience ourselves, right?

your assurances do give me much comfort. guess I should just be patient and wait.

hey guys, I just checked my email and found an email from Ryan.

he is flat out at the moment and he apologised for not responding to my emails. he gave me an update on my order and he dealt with me like a real pro. I gotta say, he's a classy guy.

I've made arrangements for someone to keep a lookout should my order arrive while I am travelling (I do a bit of interstate travel).

all good - thanks again to those above that posted assurances and for contacting Ryan on my behalf. next time I post in this topic will be a review of my order.

Ryan is a heck of a guy and has been very good to me over the past few years. Trust him completely in business dealings and would trust him to babysit my child. And that is about the biggest compliment I can give.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm still waiting on my sponsorship prizes from Strongergrip for winning 83kg Nationals 2012. I contacted him through facebook. He initially replied with "Let me know what your interested in". So I replied and haven't heard a thing since. I gave up. He must be a busy guy.

Kody - I've had problems with Facebook not showing me when a PM has been received. I subscribed to Ryan's StrongerGrip facebook page, and I'm seeing regular updates. You might want to try emailing or pinging him again. He's got some pretty cool stuff, I'd hope it would work out for you. I don't know Ryan personally or anything.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone heard from Ryan recently? I'm getting no response after finalizing an order with Ryan for 4 weeks now, twice as long as Chilliman. His last e-mail (June 26) said he'd be finishing things up and sending and updated invoice "tomorrow" and then nothing for four weeks (now it is July 27) and I have been sending a check-in e-mail once a week. Hopefully everything is ok.

Edited by truth1ness

I haven't heard from Ryan, but I recently had an order fulfilled. I ordered the Modular Grip System back in mid-May and it finally arrived this past week. I had sent him an email the week before looking for an update, but he never responded. I realize he's a busy guy, but he could use a little help with responding to customers. The quality of his product is top notch, so I keep coming back. In fact, I just ordered a couple plug-ins to the Modular Grip System.

I placed an order with Strongergrip on June 14th and after a few non-returned emails and few unanswered calls and full voicemail box I finally went a head and filed a return of money on the order after 6 weeks of no contact which he also didn't respond to and paypal issued a judgement to give me my money back.

It's kind of disappointing to spends hundreds of dollars and not even get reply.

• Like 1

Man, sounds like a bad business. What company is this? That's why I stick to proven well known places when I order stuff. Always had luck that way.

• Like 1

Man, sounds like a bad business. What company is this? That's why I stick to proven well known places when I order stuff. Always had luck that way.

http://www.strongergrip.com/

I won a Thor Hammer at Nationals 2013. Nine months later I received it. Never did get the t-shirt he promised. Seems nice enough when he does correspond. Nice equipment, too. But...

• Like 1

Good to hear you received your order recently Brad so I won't worry too much, for a few more weeks at least. Sounds like most people ultimately receive their order at some point and the quality is always awesome.

Edited by truth1ness

Weird. Adam Glass just posted on Facebook a few days ago about getting some custom prototype Strongergrip stuff...

Good to hear you received your order recently Brad so I won't worry too much, for a few more weeks at least. Sounds like most people ultimately receive their order at some point and the quality is always awesome.

I'd wait it out. I've placed 4 or 5 orders and have always been happy when the product arrived, even if I had to wait weeks for it. When one order that I placed for a birthday gift didn't arrive in time, Ryan sent me a Strongergrip t-shirt for my trouble.

I know from ordering 3 different times from Ryan ,2 of which were custom orders I was very pleased.

I contacted him on Facebook and he would reply back within a day or so. The products are always well worth the wait!

Very pleased with my experience with him.

Edited by David Mitti

Weird. Adam Glass just posted on Facebook a few days ago about getting some custom prototype Strongergrip stuff...

They are tight though.