The Mission!

SHRUG

I've decided to start a training log here to track my progress as I try to cut from my current weight (205 lbs - 210 lbs), down to a bodyweight of about 175 lbs. 175 lbs is not written in stone or anything.......it is simply the goal I have set for myself. Once I start to approach that weight, I will be able to better determine wether or not it will be to light for me. With that being said.............it is the number I have my sights set on...............merely something to hold out in front of me and reach for.

This log will consist of all of my training..................strength.............cardio.............grip...........you name it.

First entry is a simple one:

Elite FTS double pulling sled, loaded with 55 lbs for a total weight of 125 lbs:

Pulled 1 mile in approx 21 minutes.

I actually felt really good considering it was my first time back pulling in a loooooooooong time. I could definitely feel it in the glutes and quads though...........tomorrow morning will be the true sign of how well I made out, haha.

• Like 1

200 push-ups to round the night out.

Flared up a problem that I have been having with my right biceps tendon today..................was doing really well, thought I was pretty much healed up. Then today while closing grippers of all things..............it really irritated it. Hoping it goes away fast and doesn't set me back yet again. It started out about four or five months back and was the result of over training...................been hanging on like a bitch.................I think it is a bit of tendonitis. Frustrating......but I will find ways to work around it.

Anyone who remembers Shrug from back in the day remembers this dude was HUGE. Like 360 huge. The fact that he cut down to 204 is amazing. I never thought in my life I would see Shrug weighing less then me!!! Great job bro.

Keep at it. Good to see you on here again.

What Rick said.

Here's a video of shrug. He's wearing a wife beater, but is so pale, it is hard to tell.

Rick and Jedd...............thanks for the kind words guys. Also Jedd, thanks for posting the video brother..........I really enjoy seeing these videos from the old days....................I can never seem to find them. Any chance you guys still have a copy of my RED nail cert vid in your backlogs?? I know that you guys edited it for me back in the day and had it on your site.

Anyhow, I will be staying with it guys......................determined to cut down to as lean as I can get. Hopefully I can hit my goal of 175 lbs or slightly less. Will update the log today in a bit.

Your feedback and advice is much appreciated fellas.................I've got nothing but respect for you!!

SHRUG

9/20/2013

Core Training:

• Forearm Plank - 1 minute
  • Forearm Plank - 1 minute
  • Push Up Position Hold - 1 minute
  • Push Up Position Hold - 1 minute
  • Side Planks, Right Side - 1 minute
  • Side Planks, Right Side - 1 minute
  • Side Planks, Left Side - 1 minute
  • Side Planks, Left Side - 1 minute
  • Stability Ball Crunch and Hold - 20 reps
  • Stability Ball Crunch and Hold 20 reps
  • Stability Ball Push Up Position Leg Lift - for this exercise I get in push up position with my feet on the stability ball...........from there I lift one leg as high as I can, making sure to stay super tight so that I don't loose position at all. I do 10 reps with each leg.........that makes up 1 set..........I did 2 sets of this today.
  • Stability Ball Leg curls - for this exercise I lay flat on my back on the floor.........put my feet up on the stability ball.............from there I put my hands at my sides. Lift your butt off the floor so that you are perfectly planked out in a diagonal line..........feet on stability ball, shoulders and head touching the floor..............contract the glutes and core very hard and hold for a few seconds. 1 minute equals 1 set.................I did 2 sets of this today.
  • Stability Ball Crunch Twists - for this exercise I lay flat on my back on the floor. Bend legs so that my knees are facing straight toward the ceiling and my feet are facing straight away from me..............kind of looks like I am sitting in a chair..........if the chair were to be lying on its back. Once in position...................grab a 55cm stability ball..............arms fully extended with ball above your head touching the floor. Crunch up and hold to one side............then the other................making sure to bring the ball up next to approximately your knee on whatever side you are crunching to. Hold for several seconds.........really squeeze the core. 3 minutes equals one set...................I did 2 sets of this today.
  • Stability Ball Russian Twists - You basically sit on a 65cm stability ball and perform Russian Twists..........................I did 2 sets of 15 reps to each side of this today.
  • Bird Dog Point and Hold - for this exercise you get on all fours........................back perfectly straight and flat........................extend right arm and left leg.........stay very tight and hold for several seconds..........then left arm and right leg...................10 reps per side equals one set..............I did 2 sets of this today.

This was my core training for the day...........................I may do some more planks later on today..........in fact I know that I probably will. Also, I may see how fried I am from last night push ups..........and I may throw in some more of those as well tonight. If I do....................I will update my log tonight after I complete them.

SHRUG

• 3 months later...

Wanted to see this log stay current bro. Where you been????

Hit me up on the PM system.