Race To Lift The Inch Dumbbell

wojo

Yes it does:O i was happy i could even budge it lol.

Thats a dam strong guy.

Thanks David

I don't have am inch replca, but I've got one of those Holle dumbbells that ironmind use to make. If that's acceptable, I'm in, because I've been meaning to start training on that thing anyway. Haha.

What are you hoisting on this dumbell? I have the same bar (bought years ago from Ironmind) and currently doing about 150.

I don't have am inch replca, but I've got one of those Holle dumbbells that ironmind use to make. If that's acceptable, I'm in, because I've been meaning to start training on that thing anyway. Haha.

What are you hoisting on this dumbell? I have the same bar (bought years ago from Ironmind) and currently doing about 150.

Honestly I've never given it a fair attempt, so I don't know. But I'll find out soon enough...

No video tonight because nothing special happened, but the 140lb Bosco Bell is definitely feeling lighter in the hand. I gave a good couple attempts at the Bosco with 10lb plates on the globes, but the plates kept falling off before I could get close to a full stand...but they were my best attempts yet. I also lifted the Bosco several times with a neutral grip as discussed previously and it really is easier that way. I'll start working that in to get more comfortable with it.

I gave the Inch a few pulls, but I was already pretty beat and it came up about the same distance as it has in previous attempts....it really feels like I could stand up with it, but it inevitably rolls out. I really feel like a full lift is "right around the corner"....of course this could mean many months away...but I'm hopeful it will be sooner.

• Like 2

Guest Squat More

Do some static RT holds with 172# to strengthen that thumb more under that load and incorporate more plate curls for keeping the wrist strong and neutral and I think you have a full Inch lift in a month John. Did you ever see the wrist leverage curling bar I made? I'll msg you on Crapbook aboot it, eh.

Even when im able to lift my HM Inch, it wont feel

Genuine. I will have to get a real one someway, but

im having a good time with this thread!

Aaaaand I just made payment on my very own Inch Dumbbell replica from Jason Adamski, OH YEAH!

Hell Yeah!

Question for you guys who are using the Bosco Bell, how durable is that thing? Can it handle some abuse, or do you have to be fairly gentle when setting it down?

• Like 1

Question for you guys who are using the Bosco Bell, how durable is that thing? Can it handle some abuse, or do you have to be fairly gentle when setting it down?

You have to be a little careful with it. I dropped mine from about waist height on a 1/4'' rubber mat and it put a dent in it, I'm more careful with it now. If I had thicker matting it probably would've been ok.

You have to be a little careful with it. I dropped mine from about waist height on a 1/4'' rubber mat and it put a dent in it, I'm more careful with it now. If I had thicker matting it probably would've been ok.

I had gotten the head's up from Tom about not dropping it, so I've been careful with mine from the beginning. It's not like the thing is made from balsa wood or anything, but I wouldn't get careless with it....it's still a loadable dumbbell and not solid iron.

No i dont but i realy want to try it.

Thanks

About a 10 lb. deload.

Nice job! The band probably helps hold back some rotation as well. You're close!

So I need to get more standard plates. Haha. Cause I've only got 100lbs worth, and the holle dumbbell takes standards... For the moment, I could probably pin an Olympic plate in between the standards, but that's not quite the same.

I had gotten the head's up from Tom about not dropping it, so I've been careful with mine from the beginning. It's not like the thing is made from balsa wood or anything, but I wouldn't get careless with it....it's still a loadable dumbbell and not solid iron.

Thanks guys. I've always wondered if those bells could handle being dropped or not. Probably going to look for a different option.