Interesting Hand Size Chart

Shoggoth

null-189.jpg

Interesting chart. Be neat to see where different people lay in there.

I'm at

Right; (w) 4", © 9", (l) 8"

Left; (w) 3-3/4", © 8-3/4", (l) 8-1/8"

• Like 2

I wonder how many people that the makers of the chartused to get their averages

This is good information. I wonder how the grip die hards fall in with the averages. My hands are listed as being in the small class in comps( 7 7/8") but , I have noticed if I stretch out my hand and measure from pinky tip to thumb tip( span) it is about the same or more than some giants with hands over an inch longer than mine. Do any of you find this as well? Quickly looking my span is at least 10".

This is good information. I wonder how the grip die hards fall in with the averages. My hands are listed as being in the small class in comps( 7 7/8") but , I have noticed if I stretch out my hand and measure from pinky tip to thumb tip( span) it is about the same or more than some giants with hands over an inch longer than mine. Do any of you find this as well? Quickly looking my span is at least 10".

I believe Ben Edwards and Dan Reinard have this going for them.

Hands are not exceptionally long (wrist to tip) but they have very wide spans (thumb to pinkie stretched out.)

uthat is interesting. i wonder when that was produced and what the sample size they used to create the percentiles.

That hand dimension chart appears to be from this document published in 2000.

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA467401

Although it was published in 2000, I wonder how old the data was. In the same document, the 95th percentile for weight with boots and fatigues was 198 lbs. Seems low to me based on the weight of men in 2000. I theorize that men's hand breadth and circumference were bigger 40 years ago when kids grew up doing more manual labor than playing video games. It is possible than this chart could be that old or older. Or it could have been done in 2000.

Edited by bubba29

I agree with the above! Men who grew up doing manual stuff seem to have much thicker and wider hands/fingers (even if their overall body isn't "big" by any standards) than those of us who grew up doing nothing :(

Interesting. On my larger (right) hand, I'm almost 50th percentile circumference (21.0 cm, 0.3 below 50th percentile), but well below in length (18.2 cm, 0.3 above 5th) and width (8.5 cm, 0.1 above 5th).

Yea I wish that chart had a thumb to pinky span measurement average. I wonder if any of the good googlers could find one.?

Parris I just looked at your thumbnail pic to side of post. What is span on your hand? I looks like it can cover some distance.

Interesting mix:

length: 7 3/8" (30th)

breadth: 3.5" (50th)

circum: 9" (90th)

Parris I just looked at your thumbnail pic to side of post. What is span on your hand? I looks like it can cover some distance.

Hey Richard,

Yea I'm 10 1/4 flat on the table i just measured cause i always fotget. Jedd and I compared up at his place once, we have almost the same size. Hey I guess that's why all three of us can snatch the blob!

Here's me

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_r5Xbo3Vg

Edited by rico300zx

Hey Richard,

Yea I'm 10 1/4 flat on the table i just measured cause i always fotget. Jedd and I compared up at his place once, we have almost the same size. Hey I guess that's why all three of us can snatch the blob!

Here's me

that is the hand measurement scouts use for NFL prospects if you wanted to compare to some of the best athletes in the world. here is a breakdown of qbs and wrs.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2013/2/22/4018582/nfl-combine-2013-quarterbacks-height-weight-hand-size-measurements

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/2/22/4019100/nfl-combine-2013-wide-receiver-measurables-measurements

Hey Richard,

Here's me

that is the hand measurement scouts use for NFL prospects if you wanted to compare to some of the best athletes in the world. here is a breakdown of qbs and wrs.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2013/2/22/4018582/nfl-combine-2013-quarterbacks-height-weight-hand-size-measurements

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/2/22/4019100/nfl-combine-2013-wide-receiver-measurables-measurements

well I can see why my grandfather play for the Green Bay Packers by the way the my son looks he'll probably be playing pro ball 2

So much of the spread (and corresponding wide lift abilities) has to do with having a thumb that can oppose the fingers more directly. Many of us have thumbs that barely can make a 90 degree angle with the fingers - others can go well beyond that. That does seem to be a factor for many lifts.

Hand circumference 25cm = 9 7/8", hand breadth 11 cm = 4 3/8", hand length 20cm =7 7/8", hand span 26cm 101/4" .All seem at upper reach of scale except hand length 20 cm= 7 7/8". I don't know if body weight comes into play but I am 255 instead of 285 now.

So much of the spread (and corresponding wide lift abilities) has to do with having a thumb that can oppose the fingers more directly. Many of us have thumbs that barely can make a 90 degree angle with the fingers - others can go well beyond that. That does seem to be a factor for many lifts.

I don't even think I get 75-80'.