Experimental Rt Program Training Log

Guest Squat More

Gonna run the program again with my max starting at 221 this time starting next week

You me both brother!!!

Massey, you have big hands??

Haha, Im 6' tall and my hands are 8'' long and 10'' wide. I never grew into my hands I guess, hahaha

Guest Squat More

I am 6' tall and my hands are about 7 3/8" long, not sure of the span from pinky to thumb or width, never much worried about it. Also have short thumbs, which sucks.

Edited by Squat More
  • Like 1

Weight :)? Im 92-95 kilo depending on how much food and crap I've got inside atm :)

Yeah I'm 6'10" tall hands are 8 3/4" long and 10 1/2" wide

Have you tried any wide pinch feats?

Your hands are around the same size as mark felix

My hands are just a touch over 8 inches long and little over 9 inches wide and I feel it helps a lot for thickbar so I imagine you will make quick progress.

You don't live that far from jedd johnson do you? He has a huge collection of things out there and contests all the time you should do one sometime. You will have a blast and do really well.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Guest Squat More

I met a 17 year old kid (relative of my girlfriend) who has hands that have got to be at least 8.5" long, he is maybe 4 inches taller than me but his hands are huge. I never measured them but palm to palm they dwarf mine. He is a high school basketball player, trying to get him interested in grip. If he is willing to give it a shot I will get him on David's beginner program for a few months then straight to the rolling thunder and and blob.

So I tried and Axel today we have one at my gym it's a 100lb axel and since I just started deadlifting again I know my hands could hold more weight then I could deadlift so I put it in the rack and pulled it from knee high to see what I cold hold and now I know it's much harder to pull it from the ground to a lockout I got up to 465 and held it for about 3 seconds so I'm gonna really focus on DLing so I can make it a full lift

Guest Squat More

Awesome stuff man, you could even do reverse grip axle deads from a rack, maybe try a bit lower than the knee and just switch the reverse grip each rep.

It's actually one work set, followed by an isometric hold of a weight 5-10lbs heavier than that days working weight for 3-5 seconds. This is where you squeeze as hard as possible at lockout.

Dude, I sat on the couch looking at Chez's MM5 cert video and while he was resting I was thinking to myself, "Dewd, I forgot to do the HOLDS in skwattmo's program!?"

Holy shiet. I wonder how much I miss out on in gains cause of it?

I have to remember to do the holds this round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started cycle number 2 today the weight was 176.3 got 23 right handed and 15 left thinking I should go up 10lbs for next week any thoughts?

Your around the same strength as me and I was doing around 195 for my reps last week4 45's and a 10

I would suggest at least 10 lb jump next week 23 is probably too easy you should do a weight that is hard for 10-15 I feel 15 being top end.

Also yeah the holds help a lot I think I might do more of them even. I want to get another handle and do holds with weight attached to me in a pull up position. I know the world record holder can easily do pull ups with them and he is a big guy so I think that would be a good exercise also.