For Those Who Your Training At A Gym What Implements Do You Keep In Yo

truth1ness

Seem like a lot of you have home gyms with lots of grip devices, etc. Do any of you do most of your workouts in a commercial gym? If you do I'm curious what implements you bring to the gym with you for your grip work. Or if you don't what would you recommend as the top two or three things to bring that can easily be thrown in a gym bag. Right now I just bring my fatgripz and a caribiner/tiedown strap combo for a makeshift loading pin.

Well I just got a hub so it has changed a bit

Thickbar day? Manus grips and rolling thunder

Pinch? Ironmind hub-just got this- and I just one hand pinch the plates at my gym.

crush you go do easily at the gym or your house also with grippers

xeXgEkV.jpg

includes a pin obviously and I keep this all in a tiny gym bag i got for like 15$ or so. -bag just has a belt, some wraps and chalk-

• 4 weeks later...

My gym is great! The have a fat bar and a lighter version made of scaffolding tube we brought in, the have a little big horn copy, I think Jack mMcIntosh won it in a Comp (he's a UK WSM competitor) or it may have been Graham Hicks (they both train at the gym.

The owner, Les Willis, is very into all strength and bodybuilding training, He has let me keep several items (chains, fractional plates etc) in the gym. There are also a couple of loading pins, Fatgripz (we have also used one to make a poor man's RT using a cable handle). The strongmen also have their toys, stones, yoke, farmers etc.

their web site seem to be down but here's the adress: http://www.musclefactorylancaster.co.uk/

• Like 1

Seem like a lot of you have home gyms with lots of grip devices, etc. Do any of you do most of your workouts in a commercial gym? If you do I'm curious what implements you bring to the gym with you for your grip work. Or if you don't what would you recommend as the top two or three things to bring that can easily be thrown in a gym bag. Right now I just bring my fatgripz and a caribiner/tiedown strap combo for a makeshift loading pin.

I have a duffle bag with my hub,pinch block,rolling thunder, and fat gripz extreme. It also has a tupperware of chalk. I just find a corner to hide in lol

• 1 year later...

I usually join a gym for the cold winter months and have to leave my grip equipment behind. Most local gyms dont allow chalk or are super strick about its use. I want to include an assortment of grip items to take with me.

So far I have the following:

Fat grips

Adj. Pony clamp

Vulcan/grippers - not sure here

Load pin w/ various items - depends on gym policies

What are your thoughts on what could or should be included?

I took grippers in the past. my bag got heavy fast. When I trained at the university gym i made a pipe axle and took that in. no one noticed. depending on the db's you can use them as block weights.

I thank my lucky stars I don't have to deal with all the issues that go along with a commercial gym anymore.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

My gym changed ownership, current owner is a 'tidy freak' and I was asked to 'take my shit out' (not the owner's words, but his employee) any way long story short: Rolling Thunder & loading pins only come in with me, same with Grippers but they always were in my bag - too easy to steal. Managed to keep my 3 pr 5/8" chain and block weights in a corner though.

I do most of my grip/gpp work at home. When I do go to the gym sometimes I bring ironmind eagle loops for pull-ups and manus grips or fatgrips. Also bands, but these aren't grip implements per se I guess, do use them for triceps pushdowns with fatgripz once in a while though.

• Like 1

I do most of my grip work at home (crush, support, and pinch). However, I do wrist curls and dumbbell holds at my gym.

Edit: As for the equipment recommendations, I would go with the IM hub and RT.

Edited by felixthecat