'whey Tub Blob' ?

Jones1874

just wondering why more people done use an old protein tub filled with sand/water or weights to work their grip? seems effective, but i havent heard of anyone on the boards trying it.

seems like a cheap and easy way to go about it. thoughts?

http://cagedanimal.net/viewtopic.php?t=93

Never tried a protein tub like that. But I do often move the 5 Gallon Water jug that has a similar sized lid using a hubbing grip. Pretty fun and challenging when it is full. Also fun for Bottoms up presses slosh pipe style using the integrated handle.

Looks kinda like this:

http://www.bluewavebottles.com/Bluewave-Gallon-Bottle-Big-Mouth-Dispensing/dp/B00BTPPP28?field_availability=-1&field_browse=2446944011&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&id=Bluewave+Gallon+Bottle+Big-Mouth+Dispensing&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=2446944011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

I thought about doing that with a coffee can, actually...

I used a protein tub for hubbing before I got a hub.

Never thought I could use it as a blob though.

Definately gonna give this a go on my pinch grip days. I'll do some lifts with a baseball and some 2x4s then finish with the protein tub for a few sets of 30 seconds - 1 minute to build some strength endurance.

Tried this once or twice and its got a feel of its own. The stress placed on the hands feels like its gonna benefit you in the long run

Just bumping to say i dunno if this wide grip is too clever for the hands. each to their own and all that, but since i done this in my last workout my knuckles are sounding a bit worn. like theres no fluid in the joints. they were bugging me a little bit yesterday but not too bad today. could be because its a new stress?

not sure whether to keep this claw grip in my routine or replace it with something else. thought id mention it incase someone else has noticed it with this particular lift. for what its worth, i was using 8kg's and holding for about 20 seconds each hand after doing other pinch lifts.