Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

David Mitti and I have started a friendly contest to see who can reach MM0 first (Chez says we should do MM1 because then we will be using the same gripper.) I loved Chez's Race to the Red Nail thread, and it gave everyone a chance to stay updated and post videos of their progress. Anyone else who would like to join in, please feel free to post in the thread.

Here are our two best closes so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeIImm3oOXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTcS67w6VN0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXpTbhVCDiUccUuCP4NBGmQ

JOIN THE FUN!!!

• Like 1

cool thread. I look forward to seeing people participate in this one. I am a gripper junkie after all.

Awesome idea brother!!

Keeps the motivation high!

I believe also it will give all the new gripsters a place to dwell!!

Let the fun begin!

• Like 1

Awesome idea brother!!

Keeps the motivation high!

I believe also it will give all the new gripsters a place to dwell!!

Let the fun begin!

Yeah we can't let all the dudes closing 190# grippers have all the fun :getlost:

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

I started the race to the 2.5 and have closed it.

Need to work my way back up again, so this'll do the trick.

• Like 1

I've closed the #3 back in January, but since I started bending I think I've lost all gripper strength, so I want in on this to get back in shape.

• Like 1

Its on!!!!!

Obviously we are all in different places. This will still be a great thread to follow everyone's progress :rock

I'm in! My best MMS was 2mm off from a #2.5 last year. Haven't been doing grippers as much this year though. Haven't done grippers at all the past 3 weeks with poison oak all over my hands. :sick:

After my meet this weekend, I'll be starting back up toward the 2.5, then hopefully the 3!

• Like 1

I'm in. I have never really trained grippers before but want to be more consistent with them and add them in to my weekly training. This thread is motivation to do that.

Here is where I’m starting at. This #2 has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for the last few years just begging to be closed. Last week was my first session of hopefully reaching a Mm0 close. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtaHW673Rbo

Long way to go but I look forward to the challenge. Thanks for starting this thread Mike.

I'm in. I have never really trained grippers before but want to be more consistent with them and add them in to my weekly training. This thread is motivation to do that.

Here is where I’m starting at. This #2 has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for the last few years just begging to be closed. Last week was my first session of hopefully reaching a Mm0 close. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtaHW673Rbo

Long way to go but I look forward to the challenge. Thanks for starting this thread Mike.

Nice close Sean! If it feels comfortable to you, try setting the end of the handle so it splits your pinky right down the middle, this might give you some extra leverage on the close.

• Like 1

This thread is shaping up nicely. Great to see so many get involved.

• Like 1

You guys got me interested. Haven't played with grippers much, but will dust them off. My personal best was TNS for 5 reps on the #2.5. Gotten pretty close on my #3, but still no cigar. Good motivation to follow-through!

Im anxious to see how this turns out, goodluck!

My advice to everyone in this thread is find someone to help your set. I was lucky enough to have Chez teach me, and I went from struggling with my #95 Tetting to closing his 118# GHP in a short time. According to Professor Hulk, MMS is the best method to progress.

Good luck to everyone.

• Like 1

My advice to everyone in this thread is find someone to help your set. I was lucky enough to have Chez teach me, and I went from struggling with my #95 Tetting to closing his 118# GHP in a short time. According to Professor Hulk, MMS is the best method to progress.

Good luck to everyone.

Mike has already seen this and I'm sure some of you have, but this is the best instruction video to learn how to set. Paul Knight is one of the best with grippers and in my opinion he has the best set. Its textbook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9Ue9co4us

I agree getting that dog leg dug in the top crease of your palm is important also working on beefing up your thumb pad helps keep the handle in place.

What's the memo rated guys?

MM0 is a parallel close (MMS) of any #3. Join the fray. Post up.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

What's the memo rated guys?

MM0 is a parallel close (MMS) of any #3. Join the fray. Post up.

i believe any GHP 7 is also eligible for MM0 certification.

• Like 1

Good close David