Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

I think that was closer than 1/4". Set took a while too, bet if it was quicker you would have crushed it. Looking strong!

This

Work on it a little and you will have the cert down in no time. Great attempt.

Thanks Stephen!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_QYVgDUbOw&feature=c4-feed-u#

Got my right hand strength back up to the coc#2.5 again.

I feel this time around the close on this gripper was way more solid and a wider set..

I.D. didn't show up well but not too concerned beings I've closed this gripper before.

I am really trying to stay focused and train smart this time around ..

MM0 here I come!!!

• Like 3

I feel this time around the close on this gripper was way more solid and a wider set..

I.D. didn't show up well but not too concerned beings I've closed this gripper before.

MM0 here I come!!!

That looked very strong!

MM0 here I come!!!

Nice close!

• Like 1

MM0 here I come!!!

Killed!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Digging up an old thread...

Got this today - GHP 6 rated 132

Nice...that's cash...man. ;)

• Like 1

That was a strong close Sean! I've been having a lot more trouble setting the GHP grippers than the COC.

• 3 months later...

I am up for racing to MM0 and MM1

Closed my first gripper in June...I closed my SM@ 130#s this morning.

MM0 by end of year!!!

Where is everyone else at?

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I know that Im late to the party and a newbie but I would like to take part. Started with grippers in July and as of today my best close is a HG250 rated at 126 MMS. Going for my 153 rated #3 by the end of the year, hopefully early december.

• Like 1

My 3 is off to be rated. I'll post when i get it back.

Any members MM0 in < 6 months ?

I'll join the race....best close is 130 GHP 6. I missed a 140 GM by a very small margin. I'll post a video sometime next week...hopefully friendly competition will be just what I need.

• Like 1

I'll join the race....best close is 130 GHP 6. I missed a 140 GM by a very small margin. I'll post a video sometime next week...hopefully friendly competition will be just what I need.

Hey alright, another Mainer!

• Like 1

My plan is to work grippers 2-3 times a week, and drag 50# steel blocks around until I can make them fly!

I have not been able to consistently do negatives, I end up with a bruise or tear my hand. I think I'll try to put them back in the mix and just keep it to a lower gripper. Still have a gap in grippers from 130# to 150#. May pick up a GM to try and fill the gap, even if it is an extended handle.

Anybody want to elaborate how they plan to make 2015 the year of the Mashmonsters.

Todd-

I read through Chez's training log and am going to incorporate a lot of his ideas. I'm working with heavy grippers and low reps (1-3). I also started a strength training routine to help my body respond. I'm trying to incorporate fast grips, pinch, and wrist strength but am struggling to get a balanced routine going.

Thought I would join this race as I'm so close to closing my #3! Few mm off at the end of my workouts, good luck everyone

• Like 1

My plan is to work grippers 2-3 times a week, and drag 50# steel blocks around until I can make them fly!

I have not been able to consistently do negatives, I end up with a bruise or tear my hand. I think I'll try to put them back in the mix and just keep it to a lower gripper. Still have a gap in grippers from 130# to 150#. May pick up a GM to try and fill the gap, even if it is an extended handle.

Anybody want to elaborate how they plan to make 2015 the year of the Mashmonsters.

Todd-

I picked up a GM from Cannon Powerworks that happened to rate at 140....however the 2.5 and GHP 6 both rated 130. I'm going to send my 3 soon for rating.

• Like 1

Todd-

I picked up a GM from Cannon Powerworks that happened to rate at 140....however the 2.5 and GHP 6 both rated 130. I'm going to send my 3 soon for rating.

Perfect, that's what I'm missing. Something around 140#