Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

Sheesh almost had it then...my first had 3 reds...I don't know if it will help or is applicable but I had someone shoot the video for me and it helped a ton...rest up you'll get it next time

Im in offhanded :)

I cant quite close my easy coc3 offhand yet.

Have someone else film your guys attempts. It's the best way to do it. And talk about what you want and how you want it filmed before hand.

• Like 1

A pinch set (in my opinion) is also a lot easier to film than a push set. Just one fo the reasons that I switched to a pinch set. Easier to judge in contests.

• Like 2

A pinch set (in my opinion) is also a lot easier to film than a push set. Just one fo the reasons that I switched to a pinch set. Easier to judge in contests.

I wouldn't have thought of that...makes complete sense though

ROUND TWO. attempt submitted. Using a pinch set. Felt strong. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

ROUND TWO. attempt submitted. Using a pinch set. Felt strong. Fingers crossed.

Good luck man...hope you get whites

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looked closed to me, good job dude

Thanks man! It's been a long struggle.

Yori, that is truly amazing to close the #3 at 127lbs bodyweight! Well done man. Seriously. That is some serious stuff there. You could become the lightest guy to certify.

Do you have plans to certify on the #3? What was the RGC rating (if it's rated) on the #3 you closed?

Looked closed to me, good job dude

Thanks man! It's been a long struggle.

Yori, that is truly amazing to close the #3 at 127lbs bodyweight! Well done man. Seriously. That is some serious stuff there. You could become the lightest guy to certify.

Do you have plans to certify on the #3? What was the RGC rating (if it's rated) on the #3 you closed?

Hey Ben, really appreciate the kind words.

That #3 is my light one, rated at 141 by Eric M.

I would definitely love to be the lightest to cert on the Mash Monster ladder. I have experienced steady gains in grippers, and would shoot to get MM1 one day.

As far as I remember, there's a 140lbs guy who certed the 3 before the credit card rule. It was in one of my Milos. I think I'm far off from a confident #2.5 ccs still, so if I become certified by IM, it'll still be far in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm new to this forum even though been signed up years and would like to join the race?!?

Found this thread interesting because my current goal is to get to the mash monster list and close a CoC #3. I can currently close the CoC #2 for reps from CCS and in the process of purchasing a CoC 2.5#. I have a HG250 and CoC#3 and can close the HG250 for x2 reps from MMS. Being from the UK i'm pretty limited to what grippers I can get hold out without ordering from the US.

Good luck with your goals in 2015

Wattup guys! I haven't been posting much but have still been super dedicated to this and grip training. So far I've submitted 2 videos and both received Reds. First one you could barely see the set and my second vid, the set was too deep. I made another attempt a few days ago but i psyched myself out and held too wide of a site for too long before trying to close.

Making another run possibly this Thursday. So hard to get this on video!!!

• Like 1