Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

I sent in a cert attempt for the MM0...I wrote this up in my log but due to a complicated mess the gripper I used was 138 lbs...I'm not happy about this but I will just use it to get the MM0 and then we will race to MM1 where the challenge is the same for everyone....I'll post the video in my workout log whether it passes or fails

Nice work! I plan to MM0 this month and then.....

LET THE RACE BEGIN!

MM1 will be an even playing field and be a challenge for all involved.

I believe I saw the MM1 is right around 153ish! That's about 12#s over where I predict I'm at right now.

I thought I read somewhere it was in the lower 150 range as well

That seems light but no arguing here. Seems it's supposed to be a step up from a 3 but if it's low 150s it's like a 3. I think after mm2 it takes a big step up.

Chez stated in a few posts that he guessed the MM1 at 153.

But He also squeezes Volkswagens for training...haha

That seems light but no arguing here. Seems it's supposed to be a step up from a 3 but if it's low 150s it's like a 3. I think after mm2 it takes a big step up.

King Crusher : you in for a gentlemens race to MM1? Ugh, given I get the big 0 at some time in the future!!

Chez stated in a few posts that he guessed the MM1 at 153.

But He also squeezes Volkswagens for training...haha

Literally made me laugh out loud

My cert attempt has not been judged yet but WannaGrip gave me some feedback. I watched the video and it is a lot darker than it originally looked so I think it will get red lighted. If so this is a good learning experience so I will just attempt it again when I get the verdict.

Edited by GrassMaine89

King Crusher : you in for a gentlemens race to MM1? Ugh, given I get the big 0 at some time in the future!!

if the mm1 is 150 anything I can do it right now. I'd probably be at a mm2 right now or extremely close as I get my elite 166 to a sliver or closed and don't set it that deep.

I like watching you guys battle to the mm0!!

I have a 156 rated 3 on the way that I plan to do ccs work with.

• Like 1

if the mm1 is 150 anything I can do it right now. I'd probably be at a mm2 right now or extremely close as I get my elite 166 to a sliver or closed and don't set it that deep.

The real MM2 is about 164-165.

The real MM2 is about 164-165.

yeah so I'd be right at a mm2 right now. Thanks for that info John.

I forgot to update this thread...I submitted an MM0 that was red lighted. I have now resubmitted a much better video (the first was red lighted due to not being able to see the set.) I'm not as excited about because of it being such a light 3 but I am excited about training for the MM1. I did file a claim with the post office about losing my original number 3...so if they don't find it I will get money and buy an MM1 replica, always an upside.

Resting a few days and then making my MM0 attempt. Trying to Get this in October as I predicted above!!!!

• Like 1

Resting a few days and then making my MM0 attempt. Trying to Get this in October as I predicted above!!!!

Rest up and smash that gripper, Todd! Like the other guys are finding out, the video is as important as the close. Go over the 'how to get video' posts (paraphrasing) that are pinned somewhere here on the board. I got good enough at taking video that I could 99% of the time just shoot my own gripper videos. That makes it so much easier though during the times I had a camera person able to help me shoot a vid. Always made the assisted vid that much easier.

• Like 1

I sent in a cert attempt for the MM0...I wrote this up in my log but due to a complicated mess the gripper I used was 138 lbs...I'm not happy about this but I will just use it to get the MM0 and then we will race to MM1 where the challenge is the same for everyone....I'll post the video in my workout log whether it passes or fails

It doesn't matter at all what your #3 rates at for the MM0. There are no points for hardest #3 used to cert MM0. Realistically, all it means is that you'll have a larger gap between your MM0 cert #3 to the MM1. Just find a stairstepper #3 or GM around 145lbs to get you closer to the MM1. Or go balls deep and get a 153lb GM or #3 and whenever you close it - you're very likely going to do the same to the MM1.

I think I used my cert #3 (Ironmind #3 cert) which rated 146lbs to do my MM0 cert. I really don't remember though. If anyone cared that it was slightly under the "average #3" - I didn't care. It didn't matter. I went on to close many #3s, Elites, and #3.5s after that. So the old saying about it's not where you begin, but where you end is pretty fitting for the Mash Monster ladder.

• Like 1

Rest up and smash that gripper, Todd! Like the other guys are finding out, the video is as important as the close. Go over the 'how to get video' posts (paraphrasing) that are pinned somewhere here on the board. I got good enough at taking video that I could 99% of the time just shoot my own gripper videos. That makes it so much easier though during the times I had a camera person able to help me shoot a vid. Always made the assisted vid that much easier.

Thanks so much Ben. Ive focused so much on nailing the video that my grip is spent from attempts every night. No doubt ill get it this week!!

I cant wait to start a thread racing to MM1

• Like 1

Thanks so much Ben. Ive focused so much on nailing the video that my grip is spent from attempts every night. No doubt ill get it this week!!

Right on! I fondly remember preparing for the MM1 about 9 years ago. I missed the TNS close by a very small margin. And yes, I should not have tried the TNS close since it's technically against the rules. I would've murdered the MM1 TNS just a few months later though, since my no set strength increased quite a bit after the MM1 fell.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter at all what your #3 rates at for the MM0. There are no points for hardest #3 used to cert MM0. Realistically, all it means is that you'll have a larger gap between your MM0 cert #3 to the MM1. Just find a stairstepper #3 or GM around 145lbs to get you closer to the MM1. Or go balls deep and get a 153lb GM or #3 and whenever you close it - you're very likely going to do the same to the MM1.

I think I used my cert #3 (Ironmind #3 cert) which rated 146lbs to do my MM0 cert. I really don't remember though. If anyone cared that it was slightly under the "average #3" - I didn't care. It didn't matter. I went on to close many #3s, Elites, and #3.5s after that. So the old saying about it's not where you begin, but where you end is pretty fitting for the Mash Monster ladder.

Thanks for the words of advice, I appreciate it....just yesterday I received a GHP 7 rated at 152lbs so I'll have a challenge gripper to help me gauge when I am ready for the MM1....

Good luck man, crush that thing....and I'm in for a race to MM1...
  • Like 1

Attempt submitted....rough time with the videoing. finally got one clear, showing set, and it was my weakest close. closed it about ten times. I am fried....four months of training for this, and im not worried if its red lights. going to take a week off.......Ill be back. STRONG AND FRESH.

• Like 3

Lets hope for white lights

Chops do you have any of the videos you didn't submit for certification....would be interested in seeing them...I'm still trying to perfect my filming and pick up ideas each time I watch a close (can't post the cert attempt until it's judged)

• Like 1

Have others, not as good. Definetly don't want to step on toes

Two reds, one white! Working on my set and then I'm going to crush it!

• Like 1