Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

Great stuff being posted lately, since it looks like JHenze and JoshW have the MM0 practically in the bag and GrassMaine89 is very close (great job fellas!) then who's still in the chase. Im going to close the MM0 regardless but I have found that competition creates the fastest results. Electron, you still in, how bout you Sharkey, anybody else round 125-135 mark. I know that Chops is at 132 MMS and im at 130 MMS so Im coming after you brotha :rock

I closed my 130# 2.5. Once. For myself I've observed grippers work in waves. It's not something I can rush and for me less is more. If I close my weaker #3 in 2015 I'll be very satisfied. If not I'll just keep working it. Gripper strength is useful in my current endeavor of grappling

• Like 1

I am still working on the right lighting and angle etc but try when the gripper is closed tilt your hand towards the camera and show the bottoms of the handles from underneith if you get what i mean? So the bottoms of the handles are parralel to the camera. Nice close regardless i could tell it was closed!

Thanks Josh. Definitely closed, just need to master the filming.

The single best thing that I did for shooting video of gripper closes was to purchase a tripod. Make sure you get one that allows the top to tilt the camera back. This will allow you to tilt the camera at about 45 degrees. Once you can set the camera at an angle, you will not have to worry about rotating your hands/wrists to get a good shot. Believe it or not, you can lose decent closing and/or holding strength when you start moving your wrists around looking for the right camera angle.

Watch yourself closely on max gripper closes and see what angle your hand/wrist is at the closing of the handles. Note this angle and then adjust your tripod accordingly. This is the next best thing to having another person film for you.

• Like 1

Second try at posting my 2.5 SET practice.

You really manhandled that thing...Does the set feel like its coming along?

• Like 1

Second try at posting my 2.5 SET practice.http://youtu.be/uno4IAiZbAQ

You really manhandled that thing...Does the set feel like its coming along?

Yeah, webbing gets soar between my thumb and index on setting hand. First index metacarpal gets soar as well. Trying to vary my angle to take stress off of the area.

Your last few closes have looked super strong by the way!!

Update: 135 RGC BoneCrusher300 closed, tried to post video but had a bunch of problems and honestly it was really crappy, in fact my phone fell down at the end because I had tried to balance it with the railing on the stairs while it was recording :D. Got some snapshots from it however. Right now my short term goal is my 142 HG300 which I feel I can close by the end of the month.

post-23654-0-41486100-1413498976_thumb.p

post-23654-0-29172500-1413499177_thumb.p

post-23654-0-78988300-1413499216_thumb.p

post-23654-0-72728600-1413499234_thumb.p

There has been a lot of solid closes from the 130 lbs range all the way up to the CoC 3 itself. The motivation of this thread and the friendly competition seems to be working perfectly...I look forward to seeing each of you achieving the MM0 certification, as long as I do it first.........I kid I kid....

• Like 1

There has been a lot of solid closes from the 130 lbs range all the way up to the CoC 3 itself. The motivation of this thread and the friendly competition seems to be working perfectly...I look forward to seeing each of you achieving the MM0 certification, as long as I do it first.........I kid I kid.....

Ha! no need to back-track brotha, allittle trash talk never hurt anyone :grin:, by the way im closing the #3 first, can you dig :cool

• Like 1

All talk.

I WILL MM0 IN OCTOBER!!!!

All talk.

Ha in your dreams buddy, PS: my name on the board will officially be changed to "The Hitman", cause your all going down.

• Like 1

All talk.

Ha in your dreams buddy, PS: my name on the board will officially be changed to "The Hitman", cause your all going down.

I WILL MM0 IN OCTOBER!! Maybe if I do, you change your name to shoulda-coulda-Woulda!!

• Like 2

Haha I love it....

Haha I love it....

Oh yeah! little over 2 months left, the heat is on, this aint over till we all have smashed the MM0! PS: nice work on your log, really solid training and you seem to be making real good progress.

Thanks man...I think I need to ease up on thick bar...my crush is weak after for a few days...

loving the trash talk fellas! ;)

Josh, when will we see MM0 over your name? Have you made a vid yet?

Soon, still recovering from last Saturdays #3 closes. I have closed it which is the hardest part but just need a bit of time to build up to a wider set and not have any injuries in the process. Will happen very soon I promise, having a hard time remembering its a marathon not a race :grin:

Soon, still recovering from last Saturdays #3 closes. I have closed it which is the hardest part but just need a bit of time to build up to a wider set and not have any injuries in the process. Will happen very soon I promise, having a hard time remembering its a marathon not a race :grin:

Hmmm...bad thing about a marathon is that there are a ton of people behind you and they all want your spot!

Better not take too long.....

• Like 1

Don't listen to Chops...you have plenty of time...take it slow...relax...............muhahaha

• Like 2