Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

My latest attempt, I will get someone to film it for me next attempt to get the set in the video better

https://www.youtube....h?v=ES5cHuaA0i0

Hope everyone is getting strong gains with their gripping!

Nice, a little camera work and it'll be MM0.

Great stuff being posted lately, since it looks like JHenze and JoshW have the MM0 practically in the bag and GrassMaine89 is very close (great job fellas!) then who's still in the chase. Im going to close the MM0 regardless but I have found that competition creates the fastest results. Electron, you still in, how bout you Sharkey, anybody else round 125-135 mark. I know that Chops is at 132 MMS and im at 130 MMS so Im coming after you brotha :rock

• Like 2

Great stuff being posted lately, since it looks like JHenze and JoshW have the MM0 practically in the bag and GrassMaine89 is very close (great job fellas!) then who's still in the chase. Im going to close the MM0 regardless but I have found that competition creates the fastest results. Electron, you still in, how bout you Sharkey, anybody else round 125-135 mark. I know that Chops is at 132 MMS and im at 130 MMS so Im coming after you brotha :rock

I've made some progress but I have a ways to go; it's not over until MM0 is posted above our names...lets all put in the work and get it done...MM0 this year

Ive made the most grip gains this week I have to say, having this friendly race between brothers with the same goal really does help. Going to listen to motivational speeches and then get some revenge next week on the #3 fellas!

Everyone else seems to be so close too which is good, im sure we will all get it in 2014!

Edited by JoshW
  • Like 3

Brrrrrrring it on brrrrutha

Let's do this!!!

To be truthful my 132# closes require slapping my self in the face and summoning ancient beings to close... Meaning the jump to 147# for my coc 3 May be very far off.

Still hell bent on MM0 in 2014!!!!!

BRING IT HARD NEXT WEEK JOSH!!

• Like 3

Resting a few days and doing it fresh will help!! This is shaping up to be a good race.

Post a video sometime Chops it can help with documenting closes and getting confidence with filming for the mm0 & also feedback and technique advice from the veteran gripstersss

• Like 1

Resting a few days and doing it fresh will help!! This is shaping up to be a good race.

Post a video sometime Chops it can help with documenting closes and getting confidence with filming for the mm0 & also feedback and technique advice from the veteran gripstersss

Good Idea, I'll get something up Sunday.

Practiced my set for an hour today with slowly increasingly stronger grippers. Off Hand wrist gets soar fast. I've battled tendinitis in my wrists, elbows, and biceps since 2001. Bad shoulders on top of that. I have had to make technique high priority.

Glad to hear :grin: I always used to get tendonitis in the right elbow but ever since grippers have increased it seems to have gone away! What is everyones routines like, how often is everyone training each week and volume?

Glad to hear :grin: I always used to get tendonitis in the right elbow but ever since grippers have increased it seems to have gone away! What is everyones routines like, how often is everyone training each week and volume?

Boy mine tends to vary. I did KTA (from coc2 to coc2.5), and since then it has been all over the place.

Trying Johns New master plan now for a while.

• Like 1

For me its grip twice a week, day one I use my CFF adjustable gripper (think Ivanko Supergripper), hand grippers, and my modified Cando 6-spring gripper, day two I work CCS with my Robert Baraban adjustable gripper and do heavy a@# negatives with my secret weapon. Depending on how my hands are feeling I will add block weights, thickbar deadlifts, steel bending etc. No more than 15 sets each workout or else I'll pay for it the following day :pinch

• Like 1

Good Idea, I'll get something up Sunday.

Practiced my set for an hour today with slowly increasingly stronger grippers. Off Hand wrist gets soar fast. I've battled tendinitis in my wrists, elbows, and biceps since 2001. Bad shoulders on top of that. I have had to make technique high priority.

Have you tried working your extensors? I'm not sure if it would help or not but might be worth a shot.

Ive made the most grip gains this week I have to say, having this friendly race between brothers with the same goal really does help. Going to listen to motivational speeches and then get some revenge next week on the #3 fellas!

Everyone else seems to be so close too which is good, im sure we will all get it in 2014!

I would agree...I look forward to following everyone's progress in this thread over the next month or so...I think you will have it real soon...your last video looked real close to me (and it was after multiple attempts)...with a little set work the MM0 falls

im really tempted to try tonight as ive had one days rest but that's just my gripper addictiveness kicking in :getlost: thank you for the support everyone.

I do lots of extensor training. I haven't had problems yet with elbows since starting grippers. It's always in the back of my head that it could come back. Only gripper pains I'm seeing is Palm soarness, torn finger(haven't had that in a while), and pain in setting wrist.

Oops I misread what you had said...I thought you said you were currently experiencing elbow pain...I am having torn skin problems but mine was caused by heavy negatives and it was on my palm...it was a blister that formed and ripped off all in the same training session...nothing since then though

Set Practice last night. Angle is bad, Lighting is bad, cant see close. ugh. At least my 130# 2.5 finally feels easy. I will experiment with some better camera angles.

Please comment, i know there is almost no clear shot of my set, but i welcome all comments.

• Like 1

I am still working on the right lighting and angle etc but try when the gripper is closed tilt your hand towards the camera and show the bottoms of the handles from underneith if you get what i mean? So the bottoms of the handles are parralel to the camera. Nice close regardless i could tell it was closed!

Thanks Josh. Definitely closed, just need to master the filming.

Damn that looked like a really easy close Chops. Like Josh said, just tilt the gripper so the camera picks up both handles clearly. Besides that everything looks good.

• Like 1

Ok what am I doing wrong...I cannot access the video Chops posted?

I think if I saw right the clip used quicktime player, but I cant remember. Check your computer or laptop has that installed

Damn that looked like a really easy close Chops. Like Josh said, just tilt the gripper so the camera picks up both handles clearly. Besides that everything looks good.

Hope I didn't missLead you. That was a 130# 2.5 close. Those are getting pretty easy. I've tried to take one day and just practice setting it over and over. I closed this on camera so I could get some feedback on my setting. Pretty awful video though...

I guess next time I should link to YouTube? That or try to attach it differently. This was my first vid post on a forum.

yeah that's what I have been doing as well...

Second try at posting my 2.5 SET practice.