Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

so, I just got my MM0 off hand. an issue I had is getting it on film. I found it to be a lot harder to film a gripper close lefty rather than right. I would say practice video so that when you go to submit you aren't adding in another variable.

Since barbe705 brought it up about practicing the video for gripper submission videos for the MM Ladder, if nobody here has seen it, I made a "how to" video, been up since the beginning of the year. The video is almost 2 hours long but covers many things that hasn't really been done before. Link is below, if you have any questions, please post over in that thread.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=39754

I will try to get to the mm0 status soon. I think i will get a close with my off hand also this week. Should i do 2 separate videos or 1 video where i show closes with both hands or does it matter

I will try to get to the mm0 status soon. I think i will get a close with my off hand also this week. Should i do 2 separate videos or 1 video where i show closes with both hands or does it matter

If you can do both in the same video, go for it! Just show that it's the same gripper, your set is good and crush the hell out of the handles. Also, make sure you read the rules before you make an attempt at the MM Ladder. One last thing, remember to have the video set to unlisted so we can't see it until it's given a pass.

• Like 1

If you can do both in the same video, go for it! Just show that it's the same gripper, your set is good and crush the hell out of the handles. Also, make sure you read the rules before you make an attempt at the MM Ladder. One last thing, remember to have the video set to unlisted so we can't see it until it's given a pass.

Ok, thanks for the tips :)

Finally got a better video of my coc3 parallel close

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edV3yRLEzWs

Great work dude perfect set.

Thanks, now its time to attack on my RB300 :). Theres a big jump to that gripper, i think i will use those "smooth out negatives" in getting the strenght to hold that gripper shut and then start focusing on speed again so i can make a fast close from parallel. Need to build more strenght for a while now

i think i will use those "smooth out negatives" in getting the strenght to hold that gripper shut and then start focusing on speed again so i can make a fast close from parallel.

How do you set up your speed work? Your gripper closes are fast. Congratulations on the double hand MM0.

i think i will use those "smooth out negatives" in getting the strenght to hold that gripper shut and then start focusing on speed again so i can make a fast close from parallel.

How do you set up your speed work? Your gripper closes are fast. Congratulations on the double hand MM0.

Thanks, though the left hand close was a fail, will try to film it again maybe this week with a better camera :). For the speed i have used a gripper that i can close but is near my maximum, i set the gripper at parallel and pause for a sec and then try to close the gripper as fast as possible and when the handles touch hold them closed for maybe 1-2 sec and then let the handles open, then after few minutes i do another one. I stop when i feel my closing speed starts to drop significantly. Problem now is that i can get many fast and easy singles with my coc3 but cant get a single rep with my rb300 not even from a deep set, so i think i will now try to work with forced closes and negatives with my rb300, when i can get 1 single rep from parallel i will work with that gripper for singles until i can manage to get fast closes with it and then move on to my coc3.5 which is only a little harder than my rb300. I can almost hold the handles together when forcing the handles shut with assistance, i think that at the end of this month i may get 1 single from parallel with my rb300 if all goes well :)

• Like 1

Thanks, though the left hand close was a fail, will try to film it again maybe this week with a better camera :). For the speed i have used a gripper that i can close but is near my maximum, i set the gripper at parallel and pause for a sec and then try to close the gripper as fast as possible and when the handles touch hold them closed for maybe 1-2 sec and then let the handles open, then after few minutes i do another one. I stop when i feel my closing speed starts to drop significantly. Problem now is that i can get many fast and easy singles with my coc3 but cant get a single rep with my rb300 not even from a deep set, so i think i will now try to work with forced closes and negatives with my rb300, when i can get 1 single rep from parallel i will work with that gripper for singles until i can manage to get fast closes with it and then move on to my coc3.5 which is only a little harder than my rb300. I can almost hold the handles together when forcing the handles shut with assistance, i think that at the end of this month i may get 1 single from parallel with my rb300 if all goes well :)

I have not experience with the rb 300 which is his rating?

I havent rated my grippers but my RB300 feels almost like my Coc3.5 only a little difference

I havent rated my grippers but my RB300 feels almost like my Coc3.5 only a little difference

In this case maybe you need a lighter gripper tho bridge the gap between the coc 3 and rb 300;mm1,mm2 and light elites can really help you.

In this case maybe you need a lighter gripper tho bridge the gap between the coc 3 and rb 300;mm1,mm2 and light elites can really help you.

I was going to buy one gripper that would fit in between those but i will try the forced close negative way for a couple of weeks and then might buy one if i feel i need a lighter one :)

That was a wide set for off hand also, great job. How far are you from CCS with your right hand? That cert shouldn't be that far off for you.

Well done!

Thanks Mike

That was a wide set for off hand also, great job. How far are you from CCS with your right hand? That cert shouldn't be that far off for you.

Thanks Stephen, I haven't tried a CCS since probably last Feb or March, back then I was probably 1/4'' or less away, I'll give it a shot next tuesday and try to get a video. Have you been training gripper any lately?

Well done!

Thanks Mike

Thanks Stephen, I haven't tried a CCS since probably last Feb or March, back then I was probably 1/4'' or less away, I'll give it a shot next tuesday and try to get a video. Have you been training gripper any lately?

Yeah you could probably smash it right now, it honestly wont take long for your offhand to do it also that was a nice wide paused set.

I haven't really done much of any gripper training since the last contest I did didn't have it but I should work it more.

• Like 1

I think that was closer than 1/4". Set took a while too, bet if it was quicker you would have crushed it. Looking strong!

I think that was closer than 1/4". Set took a while too, bet if it was quicker you would have crushed it. Looking strong!

This

Work on it a little and you will have the cert down in no time. Great attempt.