Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

Good job Tom!

Thanks Josh!

Awesome attempt Tom!

Can't get any closer than that!

Thanks David, next time I'll leave no doubt :devil

I have never tried the GM but i have the WT T6 and its

145# not long after closing the T6 i closed the coc3.

The t6 would have to be a GM with just a different name, because with a rating in that range, it would have to be a Tetting GM gripper.

Actually, the T6 and GM are slightly different. The GM has a wider spread and the T6 a deeper mounting, or so I was told in a thread that appears too old to dig up now.

This is the case with my T6 and GM and my understanding is that, in general, people have found the T6 to be a touch easier than the GM.

• Like 1

I first got the T6 to bridge the gap between the 2.5 and 3, but it helped me with getting my

left up the the 3 the most. Its just easier to set left with the narrow spread. I rated the my T6

at 145#.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still working on this GM and my wife was kind enough to film with her phone.

It feels like if I set it right I can close it.

Let me know if you see anything that I could improve.

Thank you for watching.

• 2 weeks later...

~4mm

Any updates from others?

Here's my update: GRIPPERS SUCK :upsidedwn

Lol,

I agree with Shark on this one.

My gripper strength stalled out after my left hand ghp6 close.

I have started up some gripper work and I seem to be getting some strength back.

Grippers might have to be cycled from what I'm gathering, for me anyway?????

We will see.....

~4mm

Any updates from others?

Lol,

I have started up some gripper work and I seem to be getting some strength back.

We will see.....

Here's the thing...everyone has a natural starting level that they quickly achieve in the first few weeks or months.

After that, it takes consistent action and time.

The gains soon be come almost imperceptable...and it is at this point, most people get frustrated and give it up. Don't be that person.

Everyone has a different starting point, learning curve(setting is an skill), and improvement curve. Personally, I went from the #1 to the #2 in a few weeks, the #2 to the #2.5 in 6 months and closed my first #3 in a deepset in an ADDITIONAL 11 months.

Those new to grippers need to realize that a single mm closer is actually a cause for celebration. Over time, they add up.

What do you think Jon Vogt (or any close to the #4 cert) to have 1mm closer to the close?

I've shared this story a number of times, but might as well do it again here.

I was working on the #3 for over 7 months when I really stalled. For months I had been been stuck at that last 3/16" or so, no matter my training configuration, it just wouldn't get any closer. Once day, while visiting my sister, I was supremely frustrated and sat there staring at the gripper when I noticed something. The spring was quite dirty. So for the first time ever, I went to the garage and took out some WD40 and a piece of paper (to pull between the pressured open spring) and gave it a good cleaning. On that paper lay a bit of muck...and a couple of tiny grains of sand. I went back into the house and on my first try and first time ever...closed the #3. Then I did it again...and again. And there was much celebration. :)

Besides the whole proper care and gripper maintenance angle, the real point of the story is that I WAS getting stronger the whole time, but a few tiny grains of sand were masking that improvement. For long range success in grippers, you will need to trust in the process, because very often (and occasionally long periods of time ) you won't be able to see your improvement day to day or week to week...till BAM! one day you have an unexpected PR.

Additionally, CNS can hide your progress like no other thing. So basically, pick a course of action, follow through, and if you decide to correct, try not to overcorrect. Unless you are Silverback, or "he who shall not be named," you are not going to close the #4 in record time.

I picked up my first gripper #1 in April 2011...and I hope to cert the #3 before the year is up. But that is my journey, with my own speedbumps along the way. Relax and enjoy YOUR journey.

• Like 4

Unless you are Silverback, or "he who shall not be named,"

:whistel

~4mm

Any updates from others?

Lol,

We will see.....

Here's the thing...everyone has a natural starting level that they quickly achieve in the first few weeks or months.

After that, it takes consistent action and time.

The gains soon be come almost imperceptable...and it is at this point, most people get frustrated and give it up. Don't be that person.

Everyone has a different starting point, learning curve(setting is an skill), and improvement curve. Personally, I went from the #1 to the #2 in a few weeks, the #2 to the #2.5 in 6 months and closed my first #3 in a deepset in an ADDITIONAL 11 months.

Those new to grippers need to realize that a single mm closer is actually a cause for celebration. Over time, they add up.

What do you think Jon Vogt (or any close to the #4 cert) to have 1mm closer to the close?

I've shared this story a number of times, but might as well do it again here.

I was working on the #3 for over 7 months when I really stalled. For months I had been been stuck at that last 3/16" or so, no matter my training configuration, it just wouldn't get any closer. Once day, while visiting my sister, I was supremely frustrated and sat there staring at the gripper when I noticed something. The spring was quite dirty. So for the first time ever, I went to the garage and took out some WD40 and a piece of paper (to pull between the pressured open spring) and gave it a good cleaning. On that paper lay a bit of muck...and a couple of tiny grains of sand. I went back into the house and on my first try and first time ever...closed the #3. Then I did it again...and again. And there was much celebration. :)

Besides the whole proper care and gripper maintenance angle, the real point of the story is that I WAS getting stronger the whole time, but a few tiny grains of sand were masking that improvement. For long range success in grippers, you will need to trust in the process, because very often (and occasionally long periods of time ) you won't be able to see your improvement day to day or week to week...till BAM! one day you have an unexpected PR.

Additionally, CNS can hide your progress like no other thing. So basically, pick a course of action, follow through, and if you decide to correct, try not to overcorrect. Unless you are Silverback, or "he who shall not be named," you are not going to close the #4 in record time.

I picked up my first gripper #1 in April 2011...and I hope to cert the #3 before the year is up. But that is my journey, with my own speedbumps along the way. Relax and enjoy YOUR journey.

Nate's very right on with his message. The gains may come quick in the beginning but you will reach a point where progression will also stall; it's the little things you do now that will add to bigger gains later down the road. Everything takes time, some things will come quick, while at other times you have to work for it.

• Like 2

Thanks Nate and John!

Wow Nate,

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!

This info is priceless it really is. I was thinking for a minute that maybe grippers just ain't something I can dominant on.

Everyones bodies are forged in a different way so to speak.

Looking back at my short progress with the grippers and hearing stories like yours really lets me know the truth of the matter.

Stay the Path!!!!!!! Thanks again bro,Much appreciated! !

Grippers can be VERY complicated but one advice i can give is this:squat,squat and squat.

I used heavy singles for months but i gained a lot of strength when i started doing high reps 2,3 times per week.

Then for building a thick thumb pad(and thick hands)there is nothing better than heavy bending in IM pads.

Finally work on your technique trying to set huge grippers at the end of the workout.

• Like 2

Recovery is key to, sometimes people dont give there muscle

and tendons time to heal and grow. You have to no how to measure

your limits between not enough to produce a result

and so much it could cause injury and further delay progress.

But when you train with grippers, bending, lifting you need to understand

that if you dont bump up each workout you will

likely platue, look at Steeve Reeves for instance he worked out

3 days a week but his workouts here longer and heavier each week

working with dropsets till failure each movement was done with percision

and full effort. He knew that he had to amp it up everyweek so his

body would not addapt, at the very same time having plenty of rest anf growth

and time for cardio another aspect that is ignored that produces more oxygen

and endurance to help with everything. Goodluck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still chasing the MM0.

I am having some issues with my left shoulder and my left hand is slipping backwards.

The GHP7 felt closed but the video is blurry. Next time...

Thank you for watching!

• Like 1

Still chasing the MM0.

I am having some issues with my left shoulder and my left hand is slipping backwards.

Thank you for watching!

Strong work bro!!!!!

Still chasing the MM0.

Thank you for watching!

Strong work bro!!!!!

Good job man, go for the MM0 cert!

Still chasing the MM0.

Thank you for watching!

you might want to oil the spring as well. especially if it's like the ghp6 you have.

that's there now, you just need to hit it fresh.

Getting close. 1-2mm, thought they were going to touch. Didn't touch a gripper in two weeks because I got the flu. Was very worried about my strength but feel much better after the attempt last night. My next post will probably be a video close hopefull by end of November. I take grippers very slowly by the way.

• Like 1

you might want to oil the spring as well. especially if it's like the ghp6 you have.

that's there now, you just need to hit it fresh.

Thanks for checking it out. I will check before going after it again.

good to hear everyone's updates.

I am undertaking a program of pretty much only forced closes as per Nate's suggestion. its definitely working. I was using my SM (126#) as my working gripper for 3 weeks or so and after that program, i still miss my GHP 5 often. but now I miss it by an 1/8" 15 or 20 times. my current plan involves force closing my 2.5 (130#) for between 5 - 8 closes per day, 2 - 3 days per week. I also plan to file my #2 to work the extended range of motion, which I just have some trouble with.

over and out.

good to hear everyone's updates.

I am undertaking a program of pretty much only forced closes as per Nate's suggestion. its definitely working. I was using my SM (126#) as my working gripper for 3 weeks or so and after that program, i still miss my GHP 5 often. but now I miss it by an 1/8" 15 or 20 times. my current plan involves force closing my 2.5 (130#) for between 5 - 8 closes per day, 2 - 3 days per week. I also plan to file my #2 to work the extended range of motion, which I just have some trouble with.

over and out.

The filed 2 is a good ideal, i noticed it realy helped me in that last little bet of the close

even on bigger grippers.