Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

In on this race that gap from my 2.5 to 3 feels huge still need to truly master my 2.5

Once you get the #2.5 down, the GHP 6 is a great gap filler between the 2.5 and 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NSwbamszE#

^Ghp5 Off hand close!

Pulled something in my right hand so been hitting left to balance out.

I did hit some reps with coc#2 with right so I believe it will back shortly.

Great close David. You killed that gripper. Hope your other hand heals up quickly.

I'm in also. Been struggling with consistency on the Race to the Red but my gripper strength keeps going up. I'm repping my 2.5 for 3-4 reps now and just missed my GHP6 the other day so I want that MM0!!! All I can say is Squats!!!! Single best thing to ever happen to my gripper progress.

• Like 1

Just got done competing and am going to be doing another meet very soon. So, not too much work with grippers the next couple weeks. But, I did some reps the other day to see where I'm at and got the #2 for 4 reps (MMS).

• Like 1

Just got done competing and am going to be doing another meet very soon. So, not too much work with grippers the next couple weeks. But, I did some reps the other day to see where I'm at and got the #2 for 4 reps (MMS).

keep it up man high volume helped me master my #2

Nice solid close david!

very nice! I gotta get my butt in gear!

Thanks Shark!

I believe you have this gripper in you right now!

Keep at it brother!

No problem David!

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPWYTW6wTY#

Super Master at 127# closed!

Best close yet!

Very solid Close, Do you have a gripper a bit harder than this one or just the COC3?

Thanks bro!

Yeah I got a coc#2.5 that last I tried was a hair short of closing.

Want to work on more reps with the ghp5 & now this gripper..

Would also like a ghp6 soon.

Nice closes. Brian, good to hear your closes are getting stronger. You still 20 repping at all?

Unfortuantely I gave up on the 20 rep Squat program. I have a million excuses why but honestly it just owned me! I underestimated how hard it really was and started too high in weight and even got cocky with 10lb jumps instead of the 5lbs your suppose to. I need to keep squatting normally and getting better with my technique. It's still down right awful but getting much better and more comfortable each time I squat. I down right HATE squats but since I've been doing them, my legs have gotten bigger and my lifts on everything keep going up along with my grip strength. It's that old saying, "Nothing worth doing in life is easy". Squats to me are the worst feeling and the hardest exercise but have the greatest benefits. They go hand in hand.

Running to me is squats to you - I've been squatting on the 20 rep program religiously, and also running twice a week.

On any given day, I much rather do a 20 repper than to run a mile. I hate it.

another decent gripper WO today. gonna make a serious attempt at my GHP 6 next week.

my pinch strength keeps improving. can pinch 35s pretty routinely right and on occasion left. used to be a pretty big deal either hand. i've pinched 3 10 kg plates. i also have hubbed 2 different 45s. hands are strengthening despite no serious gripper work for 6-8 months. gotta improve fat bar stuff.

keep it up man high volume helped me master my #2

Thanks man. I started messing around with high-rep stuff about 2 months ago, at someone's suggestion to help my elbow and forearm pain. It was a blast! And gave me something else to work toward (with reps). I was using the 1.5 and trying to get 20-25 with partial closes... just opening up far enough to maintain control of the gripper.

I wanted to get in on this since I am not good at grippers. I hope I did the set(mms) right.

I apologize for the camera quality. Its really blurry but it's a COC 2.5.

Any tips, advice, or suggestions are appreciated.

I wanted to get in on this since I am not good at grippers. I hope I did the set(mms) right.

I apologize for the camera quality. Its really blurry but it's a COC 2.5.

Any tips, advice, or suggestions are appreciated.

Good set and nice click. Good luck in your journey

Nice how close are you to the 3?

Good set and nice click. Good luck in your journey

Thank you.

Nice how close are you to the 3?

I don't have a #3 yet. I get stopped at my GHP6.