New #4 Close (cracked The Handles Together)

Paul Savage

Damn, does the name "Paul" mean "4 Closer" is some language somewhere. Awesome.

Mashing the 4 wow thats realy amazing! Wow good job! ;)

Mashing the 4 wow thats realy amazing! Wow good job! ;)

Damn, does the name "Paul" mean "4 Closer" is some language somewhere. Awesome.

Yeah. Kryptonian

If you get the chance Paul, ccs that thing on video before someone else does, and use a micrometer..:) also try having someone recording from afar so that the gripper doesn't go out of sight, then they can zoom in on you crushing that thing:)

If you get the chance Paul, ccs that thing on video before someone else does, and use a micrometer..:) also try having someone recording from afar so that the gripper doesn't go out of sight, then they can zoom in on you crushing that thing:)

Just say it

Sorry jchap I may have come across wrong, what I mean is it would be a shame if Paul doesn't get the recognition he deserved due to some minor details which are sought after by most of the grip world when performing world class feats of grip..such as micrometer and keeping the gripper in the screen..

Paul would be In the top 3 on earth I think in grip crushing stength, just want his feats to be widely respected and accepted.:)

• Like 1

Yes have attempted GHP#9 (with credit card), got it to 1/4". Pretty sure i have a hard one, feels like it would be in the 230's rgc.

I'm trying to organize the 4 cert attempt for early august but nothing is confirmed yet.

The GHP's many times feel harder than they are due to the sweep, regardless getting to 1/4" which is around 6mm is crazy with a CCS.

I believe that would put you at the Level of Nathan Holle, which is amazing. Well Done.

Monster mash, Paul!

Strong close Paul. You can do it :rock

I fully trust you. But twhat the others say is true. Keep it in frame or let someone film it from afar and zoom in when you close. As for me I trust this close like I said before. Heck when you met with Thick Bar Daddy big Steve you did close stronger gripper than him if I remember correctly. And we all know how strong he is (a #4 closer)!

Edited by Alawadhi

Strong close Paul. You can do it :rock

I fully trust you. But twhat the others say is true. Keep it in frame or let someone film it from afar and zoom in when you close. As for me I trust this close like I said before. Heck when you met with Thick Bar Daddy big Steve you did close stronger gripper than him if I remember correctly. And we all know how strong he is (a #4 closer)!

true

• Like 1

Yeah sorry about not showing the number afterwards, slip'd my mind. It probably is possible to switch the gripper and set it in that amount of time, those people that switch clothes in a half second could probably do it, but myself, am no magic man (think you can see the number in the paused set position). I will try get better videos.

Yeah sorry about not showing the number afterwards, slip'd my mind. It probably is possible to switch the gripper and set it in that amount of time, those people that switch clothes in a half second could probably do it, but myself, am no magic man (think you can see the number in the paused set position). I will try get better videos.

May I suggest that you don't change the way you perform BEFORE the close - perhaps it would throw you off getting psyched up. It would be equally as valid for you to shoot the video in the same way as the awesome clip you posted, and then do all the gripper verification stuff afterwards - keeping the gripper in the frame from the moment you smash the handles together.

Keep up the great work, stay injury free, hope to see you get certed before the end of 2013!

Edited by PatrickMeniru
  • Like 2

Paul, Strong close!, Are you able to set a #4 and close it with out using your legs?

The certification process is ongoing, still nothing confirmed yet.

I will show things after for set closes next time yes. I can close most #4's now without using my leg as i don't need to set them down much anymore. I struggle with deep setting them, bracing the gripper on my leg or not.

Ok so finally got confirmation on exactly what's happening with the cert and to my surprise, my request has been rejected. The rules state the you have to master the gripper before requesting the certification so i am deamed not ready. This confused me as i thought tex henderson tried this (search 'sorinex grip feats' on youtube), along with Ioan a number of times when neither have came close to mastering the gripper. This however, is apparently false, tex has never officially attenpted the 4 cert and Ioan only once. He said he was fully ready and had a good showing on the 3.5 so they gave him a shot.

Terrible news. I was looking forward to your attempt.

So in other words they want you to cert on the grippers in order, not just jump to the 4. Are you even certified on the 3?

Since the #4 CCS is a max attempt and no-one has done this before, I should have thought seeing the samples of your strength on your YT channel they would give you a chance? It's about the same as having a powerlifter first having to prove with a world record that he can participate in competing for the world record.

Have you thought about climbing the ladder maybe? Certing the #3 and #3.5? that would surely give you a lot more 'credibility' for most 'nay' sayers.

Edited by Geralt

how do you demonstrate that you've mastered a gripper without certifying??? you have several 4 close on YT and that is not enough?

don't get me started on their cert process

how do you make the cert 2x difficult yet still recognize the 4 closes of the past.. under the old rules - you should be certed

Ok so finally got confirmation on exactly what's happening with the cert and to my surprise, my request has been rejected. The rules state the you have to master the gripper before requesting the certification so i am deamed not ready. This confused me as i thought tex henderson tried this (search 'sorinex grip feats' on youtube), along with Ioan a number of times when neither have came close to mastering the gripper. This however, is apparently false, tex has never officially attenpted the 4 cert and Ioan only once. He said he was fully ready and had a good showing on the 3.5 so they gave him a shot.

Wow sounds like a lame excuse for them to force you to do the other certs in order.

The cert process is already a cost and time sink if I was in your position I would want to get the most bang for my buck also and go right to the #4 cert.

I really don't get it either since I remember reading you were going to do both the #3 and 3.5 on the same day as well as warm up and they have let other guys do this I believe Rich Williams did this.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Paul the same thing happened to me when I signed up for the #3 certification. They said I hadn't closed the #3 under certification conditions enough times before requesting the cert. They wanted me to do it under cert conditions many times before requesting the cert. Randall Strossen told me I can still do the certification if I was confident that I was ready. You probably got the same email that I did. He said it wasn't really a rejection but more questioning if I'm ready. We discussed this on the IM forum in this thread http://ironmind-forum.com/showthread.php?1617-Another-COC-3-CCS-close

Just put up a ccs video. The one you have is 205, if you get one 210 then you have an issue. You should cert the 3.5 that will do it

Paul...I think this issue stems from the multiple times Ioan has attempted the #4. From my understanding, he tried officially in Romania and then later tried while down in South Africa.

Randall made a post about this on the IM forums end of last year (search "boy who cried wolf"). I just think he doesn't want you to lose credibility if you happen to miss. It cost money for each cert and while it's "pennies" to IM, it adds up when you have multiple people claiming "this time, I'll close it"...