Diesel/ T. G. A. Holdfast Gauntlet

Jedd Johnson

I will be running a Grip Competition on September 28, 2013 here in Wyalusing PA in my Garage Gym. it is an official NAGS event with all 3 main lifts as well as two other classics. This contest was initiated by the members of my coaching site TheGripAuthority.com. They asked if I would run one for them, so ITS ONNNNNNNNN!

Date: Saturday, September 28, 2013

Start Time: 10AM

Weigh-ins: 8AM

Rules: 9AM

Weight Classes: All official NAGS weight classes will be run, provided the contestants send their entry forms prior to to 9/21/13.

Entry Fee: $50 ($70 day of event)

Entry Form: Download Here

Prizes: To be determined.

Events:

Grippers with 20-mm Block

2 Hands Pinch

12-lb Hammer Coin Deadlift to 18"

Medley

Hold for Time or Wrist Roller

I will put demonstrational videos up for the execution of all of the lifts at TGA, another benefit of being a member.

Here is a video about the contest:

Airlines: 3 airlines are almost all within the same distance to my place: Scranton/Wilkes Barre International, Elmira/Corning NY and Binghampton NY. My town I am in is Wyalusing.

There are a lot more hotels around than there were the last time I ran a big comp, so I will get that information out to you.

Questions? Post below

Confirmed Entrants:

Rick Walker (depending on family engagements)

Mike Rinderle

Jedd Johnson

Brent Barbe

Darrin Shallman (noneck)

Lucas Wicks

Chris Andrade

Frank DeLuca

Colt Anstine & Wife

Robby Sparango

George Bristol

Chez (depending on injuries)

Kevin Collen

Absolutely. I put it together for my guys at TGA, but they said they wanted other beasts to show up too!

I forwarded the announcement to my brother, and he sounds pretty stoked to attend. I told him, it would be his first contest and people would be happy to show him the ropes.

Absolutely.

Have put this in the contests page on my forum.

You are the man. Thanks David.

As long as Casey doesn't have a football game we will be there.

• Like 2

BOOO YAAAHHH!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm in. Will be shooting for 93kg class. 58lbs in almost 4 months should be doable. :-)

• Like 3

I don't doubt you. We might as well have a "Best Abs" contest when you are here.

• Like 1

I'm in. Can't wait to hit that 2HP again.

• Like 1

I'm in. Will be shooting for 93kg class. 58lbs in almost 4 months should be doable. :-)

If you are able to do that, you will come in lighter then me...ridiculous!

• Like 2

Right now, my leg is so swollen from this torn quad, I'm fairly sure it weighs 93kg. :-) We'll see. Definitely want to be under 105.

• Like 1

Confirmed Entrants:

Rick Walker (depending on family engagements)

Mike Rinderle

Jedd Johnson

Brent Barbe

Darrin Shallman (noneck)

Lucas Wicks

Chris Andrade

Frank DeLuca

Colt Anstine & Wife

Robby Sparango

George Bristol

Chez (depending on injuries)

Kevin Collen

Shaping up nicely. Plenty of more room as well.

Seeing Rick Walker's name on the competitor's list is just plain awesome.

• Like 2

I'm dealing with some nagging minor injuries right now, but if I'm feeling good by then I want to come out and compete especially since you are so close by. I'll let you know as it gets closer Jedd.

• Like 1

Absolutely. If Rick hadn't run his comp in 2003, I might never have gotten into Grip. You can bet he will show up and hit everything with intensity and probably have an epic beard!!!

Just one hand.

Jedd, id love to come up for this. As long as work schedule allows.

As far as the hammer dead lift, is it at 31", will any one be able to do it? It seems very elite.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Eric! Not sure what weight I will come in at, will make every attempt to be at 200 or so. Plan is pretty simple, lots of yoga and grip. I have discovered a weird correlation between the 2. I have some training tricks up my sleeve, always do. Should be a good time. Plus, afterwards me and Mike are going to head up the old homestead where I grew up on the farm and blow all kinds of stuff up with the shotguns, handguns, and assault rifles! Then eat some grilled meat and camp out under the stars. Should be a great weekend all around.

Absolutely. If Rick hadn't run his comp in 2003, I might never have gotten into Grip. You can bet he will show up and hit everything with intensity and probably have an epic beard!!!

The intensity will be there. The beard will be beyond EPIC. By September, it will have 13 months of man hours into it. Thing is getting its own zip code.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4BO26nqPmM

• Like 1

I too have been working on a face pelt. Sadly, there is much more grey in it than I recall. Can't wait for the contest and the blowing stuff up!

Jedd, id love to come up for this. As long as work schedule allows.

As far as the hammer dead lift, is it at 31", will any one be able to do it? It seems very elite.

I have had a busy June, so I haven't gotten some stuff done that I wanted to, but the busy period is over now and am able to work on my Grip Sport stuff I want to.

Daniel Reinard and I worked out the Hammer Deadlift specs and I hope to get them posted soon. In short, the lift is not done by the end of the handle, you choke up to the various 1-inch markers from the head. This choking up is why it is called the Choke.