New Site For Gripper Ratings And Steel Bending Bar Ratings

acorn

I have gotten this site mostly up now with some initial gripper ratings from Matti's RGC data. Still have a lot of data to load and it may have to come out pending response from Matti which I have not gotten yet. If you rate grippers and have cross calibrated with others to verify your process and you are interested in contributing to the database, let me know. I now have an easy spreadsheet for values to be added to for bulk upload into the database. I haven't tested the site in all browsers yet either, so if you see a bug let me know. Also would love to hear what you guys think of the pages so far. I added some additional useful stuff on the gripper ratings page today too.

Site is here: http://www.gripratings.com

- Aaron

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I think the formatting is about done now. I think it is looking really good now. I still haven't heard back from Matti on the RGC values but I will keep loading them in the mean time. Over 250 RGC values already entered.

- Aaron

Hey guys up to about 600 RGC values added now. I think up through around 170#. Also added some new features like a sidebar with average values per gripper model and the ability to sort for just a specific model vs the entire list. Also layout is finalized now I think. Still just using Matti's numbers as no one else has sent me any additional values. If you get a chance stop and let me know what you think of the layout.

- Aaron

Great site!

What does the CoC rating represent?

Great site!

What does the CoC rating represent?

Thanks,

The CoC rating is a rarely used one anymore. There is a formula based on average values for IM CoC grippers that the originators of the RGC testing method put forward. Values like a RGC of 150 for an Average #3, or 110# for an Average #2, etc. So the CoC rating represents how a gripper compares to say an average #2, #3, #4, etc at its closed position.

- Aaron

I figured it was something like this. Above a CoC rating of 1, this makes sense. However for grippers with a CoC rating below 1, the figures can get abit wonky (e.g. an RGC rating of 60 has a CoC rating of 0.07).

Thanks for taking the time to put all of this together!

I figured it was something like this. Above a CoC rating of 1, this makes sense. However for grippers with a CoC rating below 1, the figures can get abit wonky (e.g. an RGC rating of 60 has a CoC rating of 0.07).

Thanks for taking the time to put all of this together!

Yep it gets a little interesting. A 0.00# CoC rating would be the equivalent of an average IM Trainer which was decided was 59# RGC. The SQL query I wrote which calculates those CoC rating values on the fly was really interesting for sure and I learned new stuff in order to make it happen. What I also have found really interesting is how close the averages for the IM grippers are coming to the values that were estimated to be average for each years ago in the development of the RGC rating system.

- Aaron

Thank you for creating this. I like it!

Tom

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Thanks!

I never did finish adding values for higher level grippers but there are a good number of lower level grippers in the database to get decent numbers from.

- Aaron

Sorry to be a pain but just noticed this:

HG200 - Min: 93.81# - Avg: 93.81# - Max: 93.81#

HG250 - Min: 82.78# - Avg: 82.78# - Max: 82.78#

seems abit weird that the hg200 would be higher!

other than that its great, really useful :grin:

HG's are truly all over the place and both of those examples are single gripper plot points. With more data it is likely the hg250 being higher pattern would emerge. But with a single plot point on that brand of gripper, meh.

- Aaron

:bow:bow:bow

Thanks Aaron!

HG's are truly all over the place and both of those examples are single gripper plot points. With more data it is likely the hg250 being higher pattern would emerge. But with a single plot point on that brand of gripper, meh.

- Aaron

Just seemed weird as my hg250 is rated at 55kg-121#

Anyways just thought id check :grin:

• 7 months later...

I added a bunch of values to the www.gripratings.com database today. Total gripper ratings in there is now over 1500 with decent numbers of some of the more commonly used grippers. There are summary values for each type of gripper on the left and if you click on the Red summary buttons for each type it will take you to page with only results of that type of gripper. Also updated some of the code to add Qty of each type to the summaries and group the summaries by manufacturer. Please let me know what you think.

You can find the gripper specific page here: http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3 or via the gripper ratings link at the top of the page.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

I added a bunch of values to the www.gripratings.com database today. Total gripper ratings in there is now over 1500 with decent numbers of some of the more commonly used grippers. There are summary values for each type of gripper on the left and if you click on the Red summary buttons for each type it will take you to page with only results of that type of gripper. Also updated some of the code to add Qty of each type to the summaries and group the summaries by manufacturer. Please let me know what you think.

You can find the gripper specific page here: http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3 or via the gripper ratings link at the top of the page.

- Aaron

A lot of work putting your database together - Thank You

• Like 1