12# Hammer Curls

acorn

As in leverage curls with a 12lb hammer. From a couple nights ago workout. First time really trying these, but part of overall extensor / wrist work to keep balanced and strong in all wrist planes.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Nice! Hammers are such a great tool.

Thanks Kevin.

Not sure if you guys have seen this one too. But here is another hammer based extensor exercise I came up with to keep the tennis elbow type issues away. Really like this one alot but it is tougher than it looks so start slow.

- Aaron

Strong

Never seen this exercise before I'm going to implement it for sure into my hammer workouts. Its really cool how many things you can do with just one hammer.

This is a great idea. I might try these out later tonight. I tried the 12# DL that Daniel mentioned was at his contest, and I was surprised at how a fraction of an inch makes a huge difference in whether the hammer stays on the ground or goes up.

Anybody else tried either of these hammer exercises? Just wondering what you thought.

- Aaron

I tried these the other night - 12# sledge - 12"s from the head. My form wasn't very good, and I only got 3 reps per hand. Definitely need some work on it.

I have been doing more sledge and chest work lately. I hadn't touched my WD in some time, and this weekend, I noticed I'm a lot stronger on the WD, despite not having trained it.

• Like 1

I'll try these at some point. Maybe later this week. Look like fun :)

Tried these again today during workout. I managed a single with the 12# hammer holding at 18" with pretty good form, ie slow and wrist fairly locked throughout movement. Also got a single at 20" but the wrist didn't stay locked and was more sloppy. Will try to upload vid later.

-Aaron

• Like 2