Dead Red + Barehanded Bend

Stephen Ruby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKcD8otOb_0

1st bend is a 1/4 fbbc 7 inch crs with no wraps
2nd bend tonight was the red nail with david horne wraps-finally found the other half a few days ago-

Both done reverse/finish style but full reverses this time. The finish was done right after since I don't like to get cold when bending or I lose all strength.

First time finishing a no wrap bend-2nd time ever trying it- + my first time attempting a red nail. Thanks a bunch Daniel for letting me have these by the way at your contest. I have not been doing much bending due to my shoulder injury -still can't properly do upperbody lifting- yet seeing all the motivational videos everyone has been posting I had to do a few bends tonight. Thanks a lot for all the motivation you all post on here its truly remarkable how strong everyone is here.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Damn dude, nice work. Go get some certs!

Thanks man you should get into bending it is quite addictive in the good way. Your wrists are very strong you would do really well really quick.

Ideally I would love for my sister to close a # 2-she is closing a #1 after like a month of training with block sets- and to do a bunch of certs at once. This might take some time but I'm in no rush my focus is fun+ going to local competitions right now.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

wow dude! that reverse red was world class! no doubt about it! outstanding bends!

Thanks man you set the bar so high with bending in general that it really opens my eyes as to what is possible. That mental barrier is hard to overcome but seeing guys like you do things that I thought were impossible really allows for me to push myself harder knowing I have a long ways to go.

Awesome reverse man!

• Like 1

Awesome reverse man!

Thanks man I remember watching your reverse tutorial after signing up at steel slayers and I felt it helped me a lot.

• Like 1

Awesome reverse man!

Thanks man I remember watching your reverse tutorial after signing up at steel slayers and I felt it helped me a lot.

I'm glad it helped man. You're smoking 'em!

You have so much potential its ridiculous. Great job dude. Keep killing it.

That's a Top Shelf reverse right there bro!!!

SMOKEHOUSE !! I see a reversed bastard VERY soon!!!

You have so much potential its ridiculous. Great job dude. Keep killing it.

Thanks, I tried my best to harness your intensity from your videos to help with bending. Your recent domination of the mm4 and red nails bends have helped motivate me.

That's a Top Shelf reverse right there bro!!!

SMOKEHOUSE !! I see a reversed bastard VERY soon!!!

Thanks like I mentioned on BB you will kill this soon reverse no doubt.

Awesome bend bro, that's very strong!

Thanks dude your bending has been ridiculous recently very strong and motivating keep it up. .

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Very strong reverse style bending!

Thanks

Means a lot coming from you since you are one of the best benders of all time as well as one of the best grip athletes currently.

I'm looking forward to competing with you at your next contest

• Like 1

Looking forward to meeting you next year as well, and at the pace you are going probably getting my butt kicked by you at the comp as well.

Keep up the good work!

- Aaron

Not many benders have reversed a Red Dragon...Booyah had some extremely impressive bends especially DU and Reverse - you should watch some of his vids for motivation of what can be accomplished in this realm of bending- Great Job!

• Like 1

Not many benders have reversed a Red Dragon...Booyah had some extremely impressive bends especially DU and Reverse - you should watch some of his vids for motivation of what can be accomplished in this realm of bending- Great Job!

That is some ridiculous bending I have heard his name before but haven't looked his videos up yet thanks for sharing it.

I'm curious do you know what is best bends were in single wraps? One of my next goals is to reverse this red in one wrap I know a few guys have done a red reverse in one wrap so that would be a good long term goal right now.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

• 4 weeks later...

My first barehand