Top Gripper Closes

acorn

Testing a new page for the Gripsport.org site so this is not live quite yet. You will be going to my test page to check this out but I wanted to share in case anyone is interested. Page is for Combined Grippers. So best gripper close in a contest per athlete regardless of type of set. Lemme know if you see any issues.

Top 50: http://www.az-grip.com/lists2.php?list=1&event=255&country=all&gender=1&measurement=1

By Weight Class: http://www.az-grip.com/lists2.php?list=3&event=255&country=all&gender=1&measurement=1

Thanks,

Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1
Eric Roussin

This will be a great addition!

EricMilfeld

Nice work, Aaron!

Matt Cannon really stands out in the lighter classes! And, of course, Andrew just really stands out.

One question: At 83k you have me in second position with Casey in third, with identical closes at the same contest. Just curious about your reasoning in positioning me ahead of him?

Autolupus

Cool list Aaron, and nice format! :)

There was a hub challenge after BSH4, here's the results:

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2768

...and in Britain's Most Powerful Hands 2013 I lifted a little heavier in 2HP( but would be in 105kg class, does that mean I get two entries?), results:

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2538

Edited by Autolupus
acorn

Nice work, Aaron!

Matt Cannon really stands out in the lighter classes! And, of course, Andrew just really stands out.

One question: At 83k you have me in second position with Casey in third, with identical closes at the same contest. Just curious about your reasoning in positioning me ahead of him?

Eric, I don't really have a good way yet to do ties but I can set a time stamp on the result depending on who lifted what first, 2nd, etc. All of these lists are generated one the fly when you load the page from results in a database and by far THE most complicated SQL query I have ever written in my IT career. As I get flashes of insight I do try to fix little things like this but as yet I have not gotten to a way to auto generate the numbering differently with a tie condition. The timestamp will normally put a tied result above another one if it was done before though.

Cool list Aaron, and nice format! :)

...and in Britain's Most Powerful Hands 2013 I lifted a little heavier in 2HP( but would be in 105kg class, does that mean I get two entries?), results:

I just looked through the database and did not see a contest defined for the BMPH in Oct of 2012. David may not have sent me the results. Was the Hub challenge officially part of the BSH4? As I usually only enter the official results that David sends me on these.

Thanks for checking this out. I love the feedback good and bad.

- Aaron

Autolupus

Nice work, Aaron!

Eric, I don't really have a good way yet to do ties but I can set a time stamp on the result depending on who lifted what first, 2nd, etc. All of these lists are generated one the fly when you load the page from results in a database and by far THE most complicated SQL query I have ever written in my IT career. As I get flashes of insight I do try to fix little things like this but as yet I have not gotten to a way to auto generate the numbering differently with a tie condition. The timestamp will normally put a tied result above another one if it was done before though.

>Cool list Aaron, and nice format! :)

I just looked through the database and did not see a contest defined for the BMPH in Oct of 2012. David may not have sent me the results. Was the Hub challenge officially part of the BSH4? As I usually only enter the official results that David sends me on these.

Thanks for checking this out. I love the feedback good and bad.

- Aaron

The Hub Challenge was an official contest as the hub lift gave me a British record:

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/britishrecords.html

I'm pretty sure the BMPHs was too but you'd have to ask David.

acorn

I'll check with David, thanks for the heads up.

- Aaron

mightyjoe

Nice work Aaron!

Feels good to see my son Cody on many of these lists specially being he doesn't

specifically train his grip.

Hubgeezer

Daniel's contest in Concord on April 20:

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/mustangmandan/slideshow/DRG2

It is the 2nd slide of 35 that has the results. Daniel's day would not trump what he already has on the list. But Steve Ruby would go pretty high, and Hubgeezer would slide in as well. For Grippers.

There are so few people on the lists for Rolling Thunder, there would be a number of additions for that event.

Not sure of any 2HP performances that would make the lists...

Edited by Hubgeezer
acorn

Hub, I already spoke with Daniel about the results. He is planning on entering them himself when he has time.

Hubgeezer

Okay, thanks.

Hub, I already spoke with Daniel about the results. He is planning on entering them himself when he has time.

Cannon

Very cool page. Thank you for the hard work, Aaron.

What does the blue star mean?

Autolupus

Very cool page. Thank you for the hard work, Aaron.

What does the blue star mean?

I think the blue star means class world record, hence CRW in the notes, a record in a particular weight class, the gold discs are world records WR.

Edited by Autolupus
acorn

Yep, the blue star is for a Class World Record. The combined gripper list does not have its own CWR's but any you see in the list would be from that particular event performance. Also the WR's and CWR's are added manually to a performance so sometimes they can get out of whack when a new one is set if the old one is not changed. The above links for the combined grippers are just a test page on my site as it required some additional code to dynamically combine those different types of set's and auto rank. Slightly wider table too, to allow for adding the event name in the results. The regular results listings are up on the www.gripsport.org site.

- Aaron

Autolupus

Yep, the blue star is for a Class World Record. The combined gripper list does not have its own CWR's but any you see in the list would be from that particular event performance. Also the WR's and CWR's are added manually to a performance so sometimes they can get out of whack when a new one is set if the old one is not changed. The above links for the combined grippers are just a test page on my site as it required some additional code to dynamically combine those different types of set's and auto rank. Slightly wider table too, to allow for adding the event name in the results. The regular results listings are up on the www.gripsport.org site.

- Aaron

How are you working the Vulcan rankings?

acorn

Not doing the Vulcan's. After discussing it with David we decided not to. No good way to dynamically auto rank it in a comparable way.

Autolupus

Not doing the Vulcan's. After discussing it with David we decided not to. No good way to dynamically auto rank it in a comparable way.

So level 1,2,3... etc. isn't a good way of ranking?

It would require a separate class though, admittedly.

Edited by Autolupus
acorn

Different spring colors, different generations of the gripper, etc. Not as simple as just poundage on a 2HP or even measured RGC values on grippers.

acorn

These pages are all dynamically generated when you load the page, with what parameters like event, country, gender, etc. To try and manage all the different top 50 lists and weight class lists for all the events we do manually would be a near full time job. If you have interest in starting a Vulcan list I would say go for it. As it is I put about 9 months and at least a couple hundred hours into the coding and development of the list page and associated management pages for the promoters to log in and use.

-Aaron

Autolupus

The contest springs are supposed to be standard, black and orange, I think the V2 gen should stay for a while too...is David saying new springs each event?

If so I could see that being untenable.

EricMilfeld

These pages are all dynamically generated when you load the page, with what parameters like event, country, gender, etc. To try and manage all the different top 50 lists and weight class lists for all the events we do manually would be a near full time job. If you have interest in starting a Vulcan list I would say go for it. As it is I put about 9 months and at least a couple hundred hours into the coding and development of the list page and associated management pages for the promoters to log in and use.

-Aaron

I knew you must have busted your ass, Aaron, but I had no idea... Thank you so much for all the hard work! :bow

• Like 1
Jedd Johnson

Aaron, great work. You are elevating the sport with these projects. I hope everyone realizes this.