170ish Lbs Grippers

PeterSweden

i need a mofoing 170 lbs rated gripper.

my elite rates at 161 i think and my gvhp8 and coc3,5 are both 180lbs. need another step on the ladder.

where do i get what i want??

i need a mofoing 170 lbs rated gripper.

my elite rates at 161 i think and my gvhp8 and coc3,5 are both 180lbs. need another step on the ladder.

where do i get what i want??

I only have one in that range and its an old school "Thor" Elite that rates at 171.5 lbs. It has a higher mount than a typical new elite which makes it harder. I kept my eyes on the selling section of the board and jumped on it when Ben Edwards sold all his grip equipment. 170ish grippers are hard to find.

• Like 1

Would a filed down low 160lbs gripper rate at 170? :)

Awesome,but i think that 175 is even harder to find LOL.

for 175, average COC #3.5's and GHP 8's. I have a weak MM3 Replica is that range also.

Cannon, are you serious?

You have ONE of those 170lbs?

I want it if you do :)

Can you hold it 2 days til I get my pay?

I'm serious. Yeah, it's just one.

I've posted it publically for sale at the store, and unfortunately it will be first come. There were a LOT of people looking for one of these.

...and it disappears into the forest. :ninja:

It must be one crazy "grip obsessed" person. Man, they must really like grippers. lol

Would a filed down low 160lbs gripper rate at 170? :)

No.. Your best bet would be to remount it with the spring deeper in the handles. For a general reference of what gap makes what poundage, i once took about a mid 190lb super elite (that had a flush mount) and remounted the spring at 3/16" (MM4 replica specs) and it came out at exactly 184lbs after the remount. This same thing can be done in the opposite direction to make it harder, given the gripper isnt already a flush mount.

I would love to experiment more with this to determine a general rule of thumb about what distance gaps will produce what poundage, but right now i have most every desired poundage on all my grippers, so i dont need to remount any at this time. I am, however, confindent that a 3/16" change in gap (in either direction) will produce +/- 10lbs (almost exactly) to your pre-rated gripper.

btw, if anyone is interested, i can remount any gripper. but i will only mount them permanent using pins, AND glue, and likely removing whatever markings on bottom of the handle since it will have been modified, and so no one claims to be closing a legit said gripper afterwards. i am only making a tool when i do this.. a tool someone can use to grow stronger. so this is not so someone can send me a #4, have me make it easier to close, then be claiming to close a legit #4. the only reason i considered this, is due to the fact that some poundages of rated grippers are like searching for bigfoot. either that or noone wants to sell them if they have them..

youll also want to keep in mind that if you want your gripper to be remounted to make it harder to close, A.K.A. have a higher RGC, then it cannot already be a flush mount.. i will need some room to mount deeper.

You can go deeper than flush, generally around 3mm or 1/8".