Chris James Broken Record Of Hermann Görner!

Kashtan

Görner was wrestling with elephants.. Not an easy man to beat :)

Superb!

I thought the was a claim from 'Get a Grip'.
Haha.. Don't know about that. I read it in Goerner the Mighty, by Edgar Mueller. There's a really cool picture in the book, with Goerner wrestling with the (baby) elephant.

EDIT: To clarify. I obviously dont know the truth about him "wrestling" with it. But I want to believe it lol, idolising old strong men, legends. In the book it says that Görner wrestled with it up to when it weighted 1500 lbs..

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Anyone know Chris James current body weight?

What is it about these guys over in England? They all seem superhuman!

The Holle brothers. Lane Snooke. Gary Hunt, Chris James, David Horne, Steve Gardner,

Andy Bolton, and others I'm sure!

The Holle brothers. Lane Snooke. Gary Hunt, Chris James, David Horne, Steve Gardner,

Steve Gardener.

Gardner live in USA.

Steve Gardener.

Gardner live in USA.

My bad on the spelling of his last name and location!

Sorry!

• Like 1

Steve Gardener.

Gardner live in USA.

My bad on the spelling of his last name and location!

Sorry!

...and Steve Gardener is now in Wales not England! ;)

Does Mr . Snook or Mr. James ever travel to the US? Perhaps this could be put together for this coming year. Both men are truly outstanding. Icing onthe cake would be Mr. David Horne!

• Like 1

World Class lift,,,simply as the best!

This may be more impressive IMO:

Batraz is insanely strong at single finger lifts!!!

This may be more impressive IMO:

Batraz is insanely strong at single finger lifts!!!

I disagree, mainly because it seems more people can get the 170 middle finger deadlift than those who could theoretically achieve the 280kg index/middle fingers DL.

As far as I know, Chris's 280kg surpasses Goerner's record and nobody had even matched Goerner.

While the video you showed is not a record and more weight has been done by several men. I seem to recall an old picture of David Horne doing over 180kg in the middle finger DL and this pic must be 20 years old if memory serves me correctly. I also read that Kevin Fulton has done 400 pounds in this lift.

Just my opinion of course. Maybe Mr. James sooner or later posts a video of a middle finger DL, who knows! :)

Insane pull by Chris!

Arturo: He pulled with his pinkys!

Regarding the middle finger deadlift, I recall that Johan Albrektsson have done something stupid there, like a single at 200 kg. I don't remember the exact weight.

Edited by Martin_Arildsson

I think Chris James' deadlift as shown is as good a feat of strength as ever done.

There have been guys doing "odd lifts" for 100 years. My buddy Stanless Steel was big on the "one finger lift". Here is a clip from a British television show showing him lifting two women and a man, plus a device, with one finger. It would be easy to extrapolate that and claim it is more impressive than Chris' lift. But I bet Stan would be the first one to concede that Chris James' feat exceeds most anything he has seen or could design.

I think Chris James' deadlift as shown is as good a feat of strength as ever done.

There have been guys doing "odd lifts" for 100 years. My buddy Stanless Steel was big on the "one finger lift". Here is a clip from a British television show showing him lifting two women and a man, plus a device, with one finger. It would be easy to extrapolate that and claim it is more impressive than Chris' lift. But I bet Stan would be the first one to concede that Chris James' feat exceeds most anything he has seen or could design.

You are probably correct!

Single finger lifts just amaze me! I don't see how they can withstand the pain!

I still believe Chris James has some of the strongest known hands on the planet with Brain Shaw probably

at the top of the heap currently! Brian just needs to solidify his dominance in a contest I guess before it can

be labeled as official.