Training For Online Contest

OldGuy

I have been getting ready for the upcoming online grip contest. At this time I am not training grippers as somehow I have injured my right forearm. I will try to do as many reps as I can lefthanded. With the two handed pinch lift, I have never tried that one. Today I will build something using David ??Horne's setup as a guide. Deadlift holds, I use clean grip when deadlifting until my grip fails, then switch to reverse grip. I can hold a decent amount of weight clean grip style. Reverse curls, I have been doing for the past 3 years. Wrist curls I have never done. It is kind of too late for that one as there are only a few days left. My wrist are strong so I still expect to do well on that one.

I think I can do pretty good at the gripper for reps. No special training required there. Maybe even the Deadlift Hold, a problem can be that my olympic bar is thicker than average, but the knurling is good though. I suck at pinching with one hand but I can do good with both hands somehow especially if it is thin pinching. I dont have much hope for the wrist exercises since I have never done any of them with a barbell. I have tried some plate and wrist curls on occasion but no regular training. Lets get it on!

My two handed pinchgrip sucks! The deadlift hold went well. I think. All my plates are either very thick, or very slippery. I do not have any slim and rough 45,s. Oh well.

For the pinch event I'm simply using a piece of PVC pipe through the holes of two 45's with additional weight added. Collars seem unnecessary, for me. I too get a boost in poundage when using two hands.

Edited by eric milfeld